Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:44. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

aspects now on the GCD

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

http://i.imgur.com/XHQom.jpg

what am i missing. I still think I need to get a mouse with atleast 2 more buttons than what i have currently.

buttons

shift plus buttons

ctrl plus some buttons.

I do have modifier macros in there as well.

now if the aspects stay like they are that will be annoying.

Edited by Dagin, 17 August 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#22 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Didn't they take away our dead zone? Hopefully they do something to compensate the aspect change. Or maybe it won't matter as much with no more dead zone.

#23 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

They say stance dancing made warrior game play not fun and unenjoyable, but they give it to hunters. Fucking retards at Blizz HQ

#24 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

The biggest problem with the majority of people who read these patch notes is that when they see a nerf or buff, they think how it would effect their gameplay on a live server.

Have you guys considered the fact that this change in game mechanic (not a nerf because it isn't on live) could possibly bring more to the class? You more than likely won't need to be changing stances alot.

Don't forget... you have no dead-zone. I'm assuming your highest damaging aspect will only be used when you can use it correctly (a bit like recklessness) or else you waste your time using a global for an enhancement in damage and then shortly have to change back because your target is out of LOS or whatever.

Maybe they're making it so you use it only in given circumstances. For example when someone is stunned or when someone is way in the open.

I'm sure your damage will be completely fine in aspect of the fox, but hawk will be a bonus to your damage when you can utilize it correctly.

#25 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Have you ever considered the fact that we need to god damn cast on the move in PvP to regen focus? You act like 0 Dead zone is a valid argument when we are talking about aspects, and how fucking retarded shit it is, when the development team listens to the tears of warriors and how garbage stance dancing is and now they force hunters to do it.

Do you see the god damn double standard? For fucks sake you dont even need to go def stance for shield wall now.

#26 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Still bad design, its the only resource tied to spam ability to regen ( focus) to spam it and move you have to be in fox, and to be in fox your not only giving up the ranged damage bonus which is bad enough but your giving up your survivability next expansion too. Aspect of the hawk will grant 15 % damage reduction. Dead zone or no deadzone, the mechanics of focus regen tied to an ability that requires its own aspect to use at the cost of doing less damage and having less surviability is stupid. And no this isnt some big cooldown ability like reck etc, this is every 6 to 10 seconds of swapping.

Edited by Broxxy, 17 August 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#27 Phaelle

Phaelle
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

The biggest problem with the majority of people who read these patch notes is that when they see a nerf or buff, they think how it would effect their gameplay on a live server.

Have you guys considered the fact that this change in game mechanic (not a nerf because it isn't on live) could possibly bring more to the class? You more than likely won't need to be changing stances alot.

Well it is already on beta, and plenty of people have been testing it saying it's pretty awful.

The main reasoning behind performance complaints outside of "clunk" is our damage, like every class, is balanced around PvE. In PvE there are very few fights where you ever have to come out of hawk. Even in heavy movement fights there is always some way to find a place where you only have to move every 90 seconds to avoid a mechanic and you're turreting for almost the whole fight.

In PvP our damage ceiling will be almost unachievable with any regularity, especially in comparison to other classes. They're taking a step backwards. Aspects in Wrath were fluid, and were nice, only swap when needed and you didn't have to perform 120 APM to dance around your shots. In cata we got a new mechanic which was fine w/e you either macro'd or were annoyed by dancing hoping they'd improve on the mechanic, but if this stays going into MoP it's an obvious 2 steps backwards if not more.

It's not going to make hunters unviable and kill the class or anything, but goddamn it's annoying... especially when you're the only class expected to do it.

Edited by Phaelle, 17 August 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#28 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Aspect of the Cloud Serpent
Instant
The Hunter takes on the aspects of a Cloud Serpent, increasing ranged attack power by 10%, and allowing him/her to shoot Steady Shot and Cobra Shot while moving and causing him/her to gain 2 focus whenever he/she recieves an attack.

^ Should have been done ages ago. Aspect switching in battle serves no purpose to hunters.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Well it is already on beta, and plenty of people have been testing it saying it's pretty awful.

The main reasoning behind performance complaints outside of "clunk" is our damage, like every class, is balanced around PvE. In PvE there are very few fights where you ever have to come out of hawk. Even in heavy movement fights there is always some way to find a place where you only have to move every 90 seconds to avoid a mechanic and you're turreting for almost the whole fight.

In PvP our damage ceiling will be almost unachievable with any regularity, especially in comparison to other classes. They're taking a step backwards. Aspects in Wrath were fluid, and were nice, only swap when needed and you didn't have to perform 120 APM to dance around your shots. In cata we got a new mechanic which was fine w/e you either macro'd or were annoyed by dancing hoping they'd improve on the mechanic, but if this stays going into MoP it's an obvious 2 steps backwards if not more.

It's not going to make hunters unviable and kill the class or anything, but goddamn it's annoying... especially when you're the only class expected to do it.

I don't really know anything about Hutners', but that was just my opinion on what the change might be about(:
Before anyone decides to flame me :P

#30 Eelda

Eelda
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dragonblight
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/2/1/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3085
  • 5v5: 2178
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

so annoying being the only class that has to keep switching aspects constantly , having to do it soo much all the time. soo annoying, they should just fix that

#31 tika

tika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/2/1

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:03 AM

I doubt this will have a big impact, people that bind fox to steady shot and never cast steady shot in hawk are just missing out on a lot of damage in the end of the game and it's definetly overkill to swap aspects every 5 seconds. Obviously I prefer to get this reverted but I think people are overreacting.
Posted Image

#32 Ponen

Ponen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1936
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

people that bind fox to steady shot and never cast steady shot in hawk are just missing out on a lot of damage

no

#33 Astralshots

Astralshots
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Wow I can't believe this, the dead zone was NEVER a problem its always been LOS.... blizzard has completely fucked us vs dot cleaves gg guys guess were all going bm and playing beast cleave thx for shitting on the best virtue for hunters blizzard, shadowplay insta glad next season guys. Buy a few extra keyboards while u have the money, I know ima shatter a few after I get sucked out on cause I'm outa focus and can't pursue around the pillars....

#34 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/0/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1623

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

? You do realise without deadzone LoS wont be much of an issue becuase we can just be chasing them around the pillar shooting on maps like dalaran.

Edited by Jokerplex, 18 August 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#35 Astralshots

Astralshots
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

? You do realise without deadzone LoS wont be much of an issue becuase we can just be chasing them around the pillar shooting on maps like dalaran.

Are u fucking high? How do u plan on chaseing and continueing to dish out dmg when u run outa focus thus the comment I made of being out of focus and being unable to pursue around the corner, implying I would always chase currently as only noob hunter has problems with dal. U really just like hearing urself talk don't you? U make half thought out comments that's why every nerd turbo out here trolls ur dumbass

#36 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Aspect of the fox regens focus with steady shot

Calm down "Turbo nerd"

Edited by Jokerplex, 18 August 2012 - 11:40 AM.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Are u fucking high? How do u plan on chaseing and continueing to dish out dmg when u run outa focus thus the comment I made of being out of focus and being unable to pursue around the corner, implying I would always chase currently as only noob hunter has problems with dal. U really just like hearing urself talk don't you? U make half thought out comments that's why every nerd turbo out here trolls ur dumbass

Are you rank 1 USA hunter ?

#38 Astralshots

Astralshots
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Rereading my previous post seems a tad angry note I'm not mad and I seems a bit trollish, just let it be said this effects us negatively on not only pvp arenas but pve aswell and blizzard is really stupid for doing this. Gods speed working with the changesi know its gonna suck

#39 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

I accept your apology

Im glad we could work this out

#40 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

alternatively you can play thugcleave and cast aimed shot from invis and chimera shot and 1shot something without the need to swap to fox at all :D

just thought id add that 1 in there for all you hunters that percieve the class you play as difficult when it comes to offensive play

If you are allowing a hunter to open with aimed from "camo" (not an invis) as a mage, you are terrible.

Edited by Hackattack3, 18 August 2012 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users