Help

Viable builds for sPvP

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ViolentJay

ViolentJay
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hey all, this is my second ranger thread and I want to get it down on something before I forget

Basically the aim of this thread will be to narrow down and theorycraft the viability of ranger builds for sPvP.

At the moment I would like to recieve all types of ranger builds whether they are comp. centered or just focused on solo play.

Please post your builds using a current GW2 trait/gear calculator and basically the general idea of your build if it isn't obvious

and I will add them to the thread and credit them with your name :)

I'm looking forward to building and seeing a strong ranger community

Post away friends i'll be editing this thread adding my own things shortly!

#2 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

I've done a write up for the main build I run, I'll post the whole thing when I'm home tonight since I'm on my phone at the moment. Though it's basically a condition build with traps.

#3 Lunde

Lunde
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1771

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

This is my current build (in thought): http://gw2skills.net...HLPOek8soYQxUAA

It's made out of burning but going power.. Via cond. duration improve (gear/sigil) I'll get a 6s burn out of my pet and a 7s burn out of my torch throw + I got a "burn ground"-ability on the 5th skill via torch.
Also I got 5% more damage vs burning targets which makes my longbow hit harder.
"Muddy Terrain" is easily able to immobilize/slow victims inside of my "Bonfire" so it'll last longer :) - I got a stunbreaker as well and a lot of condition removal.
My elite however might seems strange, but it's really good after the buff (does a lot of bleed dmg and straight of damage + I can use this to keep them in the Bonfire as well!)

As I said, never used it but I really want to try this out! :)
(Thinking about changing my axe for a sword, but donno)

#4 ViolentJay

ViolentJay
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

I would choose the axe over sword just because ricotchet raaaapes because it bounces to multiple targets, i think if you are using healing spring also get the vigor on heal trait (since healing spring always ticks you basically have unlimited rolling) plus  can take out lightning and swap it for flame trap....just a thought, otherwise it seems good in theory but all id say is that this build is more of a stretch than bleeding crit builds since those can be more easily applied, that said this build seems to have quite a bit of pressure to it

#5 Lunde

Lunde
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1771

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostViolentJay, on 17 August 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

I would choose the axe over sword just because ricotchet raaaapes because it bounces to multiple targets, i think if you are using healing spring also get the vigor on heal trait (since healing spring always ticks you basically have unlimited rolling) plus  can take out lightning and swap it for flame trap....just a thought, otherwise it seems good in theory but all id say is that this build is more of a stretch than bleeding crit builds since those can be more easily applied, that said this build seems to have quite a bit of pressure to it

I think they fixed the healingspring+vigor trait last stresstest or I was bugged or something, becouse I just got the vigor on the use of the skill and not on the tics afterwards (was standing in it).
If it works that way and I just messed up somehow/was bugged or it just works in combat or w/e then I'll indeed change lightning for flametrap!:)

Thanks for the tips/improvements :D

#6 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostViolentJay, on 17 August 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

I would choose the axe over sword just because ricotchet raaaapes because it bounces to multiple targets

I don't really get this, people like the main attack on the Axe. Yes, it bounces, but it does so little damage per bounce.

#7 ViolentJay

ViolentJay
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostWindwrath1, on 19 August 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

I don't really get this, people like the main attack on the Axe. Yes, it bounces, but it does so little damage per bounce.

The fact that it bounces means that you can spread conditions (i.e stack bleeds, burning, as well as the multitude of combo effects that you can get with other proffs)

I just think that in a comp relying on pressure Axes would be more ideal since they can really spread out conditions etc plus it gives a tiny peel with the ice bite (#3 skill) the most ideal for speading personal conditions off the axe would most likely be torch but i personally like to dual axes just beause whirling defense is win

#8 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostWindwrath1, on 19 August 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

In a group fight the axe is way above the rest of our weapons.

#9 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

This is probably going to be what im first gonna try out. Probably going to be using a wolf because i like the idea of a fear and a knockdown :3

http://gw2skills.net...AAAAeFAwVAgKW1E
Posted Image

#10 Valarius

Valarius
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostYndigoDS, on 20 August 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

This is probably going to be what im first gonna try out. Probably going to be using a wolf because i like the idea of a fear and a knockdown :3

That has nothing in it.

#11 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostValarius, on 20 August 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

That has nothing in it.

hmm wierd, does this one work? http://gw2.luna-atra...12m77fgsi0auk0a
Posted Image

#12 Valarius

Valarius
  • Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostYndigoDS, on 20 August 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

hmm wierd, does this one work?
It does, but there's nothing in the traits.  You can't say you're running that when we don't know what you're running.

#13 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

This is the build I've been running with since BWE3.

http://eternalmists.....php?f=18&t=143

I've done a quick write up on it on eternal mists since I was getting asked about my build in game.

#14 CharrGaming

CharrGaming
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Check out my signet spec later when I'm able to post!

#15 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostSmellyead, on 19 August 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

In a group fight the axe is way above the rest of our weapons.

In terms of total damage output? Probably. However, it's not going to help you focus down anything.

#16 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostWindwrath1, on 24 August 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

In terms of total damage output? Probably. However, it's not going to help you focus down anything.

For a condition build the axe is the best secondary weapon, sword gives you allot if evades but does no damage aswell.

The chill ans bleeds stacking on the axe makes it one of the best weapons even without ricochet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<