Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

As blizzard has intended, touching a wall makes you disconnect (and has for 6 months). "Waiting" for people has become a big thing. I wait for my opponents for the most part, because I actually like doing arenas. The average q is 2-4 minutes - I waited that long just to play so I can either wait 20 seconds or 5 minutes to play a real game again.

However, it's fucked up when I wait for them and they're rebuffing and drinking, or when one of their players is still going hard for the kill, trying to 2v3. I think it's better if both sides don't do anything and just wait until the player is back.

I don't know the best way to let them know that both sides should wait. The /wait emote is good, or just standing there and not using anything. They'll ask why someone is just standing there and will probably notice the DC.

I don't wait for RLS though, because it's RLS. No point if it's not fun to play against in the first place. Same goes for LSD, FPS, triple dps, double warrior, other gay stuff.

DCs impact the match no matter what. One side may benefit more from a reset because of cooldowns popped and pressure, also the DCed player won't have raid marks on their screen, and won't have arena frames when they're back. Sometimes you won't even notice that one of them DCed and then the game is over (like a beating a rogue team and not knowing that he DCed in stealth).

"I normally wait for people, but they didn't wait for us so we didn't wait for them" is not a good reason. Someone else doing something you don't agree with is not reason to do that thing. If anything, if they didn't wait for you, and then you wait for them, then you guys have sportsmanship and they suck and they'll know it.

Idk, what do you guys think?

Posted Image

#2 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm usually waiting for my enemies it just depends on what situation am I in if I'm in need of a win for a higher cap on a new alt or if I really hate their comp or if I don't like the enemies player. In general if you wait it shows a lot of fairplay and that not everyone that plays this game  is a prick. I disconnect every 20 arena game and no one really waited for me yet just tbh. :(

#3 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostDoomsenlol, on 16 August 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm usually waiting for my enemies it just depends on what situation am I in if I'm in need of a win for a higher cap on a new alt or if I really hate their comp or if I don't like the enemies player. In general if you wait it shows a lot of fairplay and that not everyone that plays this game  is a prick. I disconnect every 20 arena game and no one really waited for me yet just tbh. :(
keep fighting the good fight, brother

Posted Image

#4 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

I would wait,

but not for you.

Monkey killing scum

#5 cochonhalal

cochonhalal
  • Turnedlife
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

would wait
if the enemy isnt a well known wintrader etc etc

#6 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 16 August 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I would wait,

but not for you.

Monkey killing scum
im surprised theres even monkeys left for you to tame, kelthuzad's monkeys have gone extinct from poaching

Posted Image

#7 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

im surprised theres even monkeys left for you to tame, kelthuzad's monkeys have gone extinct from poaching
Np ill just go to dead mines

#8 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

I don't wait for RLS though, because it's RLS. No point if it's not fun to play against in the first place. Same goes for LSD, FPS, triple dps, double warrior,

i dont wait for 90% of comps either :P

#9 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I don't wait for RLS though, because it's RLS. No point if it's not fun to play against in the first place. Same goes for LSD, FPS, triple dps, double warrior, other gay stuff.

Then the whole post is invalid.
You wait for 1 you wait for all regardless of comp. I wait for people who have waited for me in the past, people who didn't aka you earlier i just kill them because idk it's hard feelings i spose. So far you are the only person i have met on KT that never waited when someone dc'd pretty much apart from maldiva once and he did the 2nd time so i have no idea why you even made this post.

If you want to wait do not only wait for xyz comp but wait for everyone and it becomes less of a problem because when you meet that "double warrior player" as a diff comp you can't expect them to wait for you.

Just my 2 pence

Edited by Ayraswag, 16 August 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#10 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 16 August 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Then the whole post is invalid.
You wait for 1 you wait for all regardless of comp. I wait for people who have waited for me in the past, people who didn't aka you earlier i just kill them because idk it's hard feelings i spose. So far you are the only person i have met on KT that never waited when someone dc'd pretty much apart from maldiva once and he did the 2nd time so i have no idea why you even made this post.

If you want to wait do not only wait for xyz comp but wait for everyone and it becomes less of a problem because when you meet that "double warrior player" as a diff comp you can't expect them to wait for you.

Just my 2 pence
its not invalid. i play arena for fun. spriest is only fun when you can cast, mass dispel, cc... certain comps make all three of those impossible so fuck that. i dont have any hard feelings. its just a game, and i cant play it vs some comps.

View PostFadezz^, on 16 August 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I don't wait for RLS though, because it's RLS. No point if it's not fun to play against in the first place. Same goes for LSD, FPS, triple dps, double warrior,

i dont wait for 90% of comps either :P
there really is only a select number of comps i dont care to play against, and i'll wait for the other 90%

Edited by Donald, 16 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

its not invalid. i play arena for fun. spriest is only fun when you can cast, mass dispel, cc... certain comps make all three of those impossible so fuck that. i dont have any hard feelings. its just a game, and i cant play it vs some comps.

But don't make a whine post because people don't wait for you , if you won't wait for them regardless of comp. Holy fuck i am a warrior it's only fun when i can move which is 10% of games.
I think we all just arena for fun atm considering how annoying arena can get sometimes. I just spent the past 2hours facing eles on dalaran and blades edge along with firemages and ferals does that mean i shouldn't wait when they dc?

You had a point at first but then when you mentioned you only wait for certain comps the whole post becomes bs.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#12 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 16 August 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

But don't make a whine post because people don't wait for you , if you won't wait for them regardless of comp. Holy fuck i am a warrior it's only fun when i can move which is 10% of games.
I think we all just arena for fun atm considering how annoying arena can get sometimes. I just spent the past 2hours facing eles on dalaran and blades edge along with firemages and ferals does that mean i shouldn't wait when they dc?

You had a point at first but then when you mentioned you only wait for certain comps the whole post becomes bs.
youre not the boss of me, mate

Posted Image

#13 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

youre not the boss of me, mate

#pwned

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#14 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 16 August 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

#pwned
idk you might be right, it is nice to wait for everyone. its up to you tho. you would wait for rls? or something that stops you from doing anything fun? i see a difference between waiting for rmp and rls for some reason.

Edited by Donald, 16 August 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

idk you might be right, it is nice to wait for everyone. its up to you tho. you would wait for rls? or something that stops you from doing anything fun?

Ye i don't care what they play it doesn't mean i have to be a dick to them.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#16 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostDonald, on 16 August 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I don't know the best way to let them know that both sides should wait. The /wait emote is good, or just standing there and not using anything. They'll ask why someone is just standing there and will probably notice the DC.

I agree pretty much on what Ayra says. You can't say : "Yeah you should wait, BUT I don't wait for certain teams" and name like 10 diferent setups :/ . I mostly wait for friends or if they DC at the starting gates. Other than that I keep going.

Edited by Hotted, 16 August 2012 - 09:11 PM.

Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#17 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 16 August 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ye i don't care what they play it doesn't mean i have to be a dick to them.
buttt you didnt wait for my rpd today.............. "fuck them, our lock got feared under rov and they didnt wait." hello once youre under there you never come out.

some think of the players (theyll wait because theyre friends, or they wont because they have an e-grudge) and some think of the comp.

View PostHotted, on 16 August 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

I agree pretty much on what Ayra says. You can't say : "Yeah you should wait, BUT I don't wait for certain teams" and name like 10 diferent setups :/ . I mostly wait for friends or if they DC at the starting gates. Other than that I keep going.
moonkin scum, i wouldnt wait for your kind in 1000 years. play feral and its a different story.

what do you mean "like 10 different setups" ? i named 5. list me 100 different comps and ill tell you which ones are fair to play as a spriest, and which ones make me want to afk (the ones i would rather snuff out in a DC than keep playing).

Edited by Donald, 16 August 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#18 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

No mercy shown,ever.
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#19 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'll wait for you next time then.
The ball is in your court if i dc vs you (: Together if we combine our powers i'm sure we can create something solid/tight/thick.

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

#20 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostAyraswag, on 16 August 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'll wait for you next time then.
The ball is in your court if i dc vs you (: Together if we combine our powers i'm sure we can create something solid/tight/thick.
with that ball, i will wait.... probably.... i dont rly like your kind either, unfearable heathen

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<