• Curse Sites
Help

Cant get 2200! Been Trying for 2 years now.....

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Outslayslolz

Outslayslolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 959

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I started playing wow in 2009 during patch 3.3.2 and was  a paladin. I was really bad clicker/couldn't choose a character/ PVE hero. I played the game on and off kinda of casually never making any progress. This went on for about a year until cataclysm came out. I chose to level a rogue and gear it. During season 9 I was pretty awful if I can so and I only managed to get 1550(had keybinds)

When season 10 rolled around I geared my self out in full epic gear and everything. This was the season I got serious and tried to make an actual 2200 push. I decided to just RAF and level some other characters. I kept playing my rogue and managed to pull of 1890 with the help of a Gladiator Shaman and my lock buddy and a Rogue and Mage. When school started again I leveled a new rogue and quit again around February of 2012. I just came back maybe 2 weeks ago and have not managed to get any further than I am today. I am still 1900 in 3's, 1800 in 2's and 1750 max RBG rating.

I know what every spell does, have macros and bind everything, I communicate in vent. I don't know if it is because I can't find partners or I am just bad that I cannot get 2200. I don't want mop to start and have nothing to show except for /20 days played :/
This is How I played a YEAR ago (fraps did not get my mic):

This is me doing 2's as of today:

Can't find a team that lasts for more than a couple days. If anyone wants to play with me I'm 1900 like I said (this is my 2nd rogue other one was banned) and would really like to make a push for 2200.

#2 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

I know how you feel mate... started playing arena seriously season 4 and got 1850 in 2's... quit s5 because of the terrible state of game and restarted properly in season 8... got to 2182 on the final day of the season and played until server shut down.  S9 rolls around and I get to 2174 or something like that and tank to the one team we can't beat as WLS...TSG... we had a positive win/loss vs everything else.  Also got 2152 as Thundercleave in s8 before shaman quit.  Quit season 10 and restarted mid way through s11... now I'm struggling to break 1900 nevermind 2.2k.  I'm just hoping a massive buff to warriors in s12 and I can finally get the 2.2.  I think the best thing you can do is watch videos of other players that play your comp and class.  Then watch videos or players that aren't your comp and class just to see how they do things.  Then fraps your own games as you have done and look for the mistakes.  I doubt it's going to be your partners fault as you were playing with a glad shaman at one point.  Good luck with it.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#3 Outslayslolz

Outslayslolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

View Postardnut, on 16 August 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

I know how you feel mate... started playing arena seriously season 4 and got 1850 in 2's... quit s5 because of the terrible state of game and restarted properly in season 8... got to 2182 on the final day of the season and played until server shut down.  S9 rolls around and I get to 2174 or something like that and tank to the one team we can't beat as WLS...TSG... we had a positive win/loss vs everything else.  Also got 2152 as Thundercleave in s8 before shaman quit.  Quit season 10 and restarted mid way through s11... now I'm struggling to break 1900 nevermind 2.2k.  I'm just hoping a massive buff to warriors in s12 and I can finally get the 2.2.  I think the best thing you can do is watch videos of other players that play your comp and class.  Then watch videos or players that aren't your comp and class just to see how they do things.  Then fraps your own games as you have done and look for the mistakes.  I doubt it's going to be your partners fault as you were playing with a glad shaman at one point.  Good luck with it.

I didn't only play with gladiators :)

#4 Milleh

Milleh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1492

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

to be honest breaking 2,2k at only 1900 exp atm  is really hard as many gladiators have alt or even main teams sitting on about 2,2k. I'd suggest choosing to relax and farm some gold for MoP and then just try to learn all there is about that 1 class.
Indestructible, Determination that is incorruptible, From the other side,
A terror to behold, Annihilation Will be unavoidable, Every broken enemy
Will know That their opponent had to be invincible, Take a last look around While you're alive, I'm an indestructible Master of war

#5 Outslayslolz

Outslayslolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

I'll upload more gameplay to give examples. The first one took 30 minutes to upload 0_0

#6 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

View PostOutslayslolz, on 16 August 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

I didn't only play with gladiators :)

I know...but the one time u did play with a gladiator you would of got a lot higher.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#7 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

just do rbgs lol
Posted Image

#8 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Didn't watch everything but can give you a few easy tips to start with. You didn't seem to be using focus atleast in the 1st clip and that's fairly important as a rogue, for blinds, kicks and especially to keep an eye out for spellcasts and switch opportunities.

Also communication is probably the biggest thing between the players under 2.2k and above, always try to call out as much as you can, about your cooldowns, enemy cooldowns and cc chains.

Hadn't a lot of time to answer but hope I helped atleast a bit.

#9 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hey man,

I understand your frustration, as all through burning crusade i was stuck at 1800 ratings while I was endlessly pushing toward 2k for shoulders.

I've got 2 different toons i've been 2.3k+ with, the one attached to this account and my ret paladin.I will say that in my limited experience, finding the right people to play with is important. Even if you'e not playing with glad-level players, it's important to find people you realy like to play with and who are positive. These kinds of people tend to use losses as a means to improve rather than shit on you or themselves for making mistakes.

Another important thing to employ is situational awareness. People talk about this all the time, and it's harder to obtain for some people than others. A few things you can do to pratice it are:

1) always use a focus frame.
2) force yourself to watch that focus frame like a goddamn hawk (or owl, whatever)
3) dont allow yourself to be quiet during matches.

In the 2's game i noticed a couple things that i would have handled differently. Perhaps they're a matter of a opinion, but i think they could have changed the game for you.

-you should have started peeling for your priest earlier on. disarmed the blade storm, etc. At the end you had that warrior slowed and locked down pretty well, but there were times where it appeared like you were tunneling and saving all your cc's for the paladin when your priest could have used the help.

-in the 3's match i didn't see a focus pane. it's absolutely essential, especially against caster cleaves like MLS. You need to know who they're targeting because mls gets such good pressure they can literally have your entire team as a viable kill target at any time.

- against lock teams in general, you'll have a much easier time sitting on the warlock. This helps your team because you basically counter warlocks. You can stop them from spreading pressure, casting fears, and Ua's. In my experience rogue teams will sit on my 90% of the time, unless it's rmp (because then they're just trying to kill something in an opener/swap).Typically, though, you will want to be on locks stopping their cc from rolling out. Your teammates in first clip said they were feared more than anything else. Plus, locks really on have one solid out, and that's a port once ever 20 ish seconds.

Anyway, that's all i can really think of for now. Remember, just stay positive and try to use your losses as experience. Have fun.

#10 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

To add to Colleeda's post, I watched the second game.

I really feel like you have communication issues. The opening wasn't good at all, you didn't get a sap off and your priest rambo'd in preventing that from happening. Even if that does happen, you could still shadowstep to get the sap unless the paladin sacs straight off the bat. In that case, just sap out of a fear or a blind. Save the blind for when the paladin bubbles though, it's going to DR with fear.

Also, make sure you sap out of fears if possible. If you can predict a trinket, I've seen Samulex cheapshot somebody right after they trinket blind. Something to think about?

I don't think you or your priest are lining up burst very well. The smokebombs were generally ineffective. They're amazing when a healer is LoSing or just sat full CC chains while you're bursting. Your burst was generally ineffective. The spriest couldn't get off any damage and the warrior was able to get out of the smokebombs quickly, with the hpal running into them to stop the rather pointless pressure. The peeling wasn't amazing in the beginning.

As the match went on, your gameplay improved however. You still weren't lining up fears with your priest, but I saw some nice kicks and redirect kidneys. If you have had followed them after a fear, you could have still salvaged the game after two bad smokebombs. Every minute, you have an opportunity to line up a fear and try to burst. With proper shadow dance usage, you can even sap out of that fear.

Anyways I don't think you're terrible. You're just sloppy, inconsistent, and you suffer from communication problems. And I don't mean talk about everything. I mean, call out things that are important: What you want to do, what you can or can't do, start moving to counter what your opposing comp is trying to do. This really can only come from experience and knowledge of a setup, but if you try learning or watch some rogue streams and videos, you can significantly improve upon this.

Basically:

1) Effective Communication (lead the team if you must, but always be clear)
2) Effective Pressure
3) Effective Peeling
4) Be Consistent

Good luck to you!
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#11 wraithseeker_3006455

wraithseeker_3006455
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Go play triple dps to 2.2k and then get real partners, it'll be easier that way

#12 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postwraithseeker_3006455, on 17 August 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Go play triple dps to 2.2k and then get real partners, it'll be easier that way

This was a fun and informative post. Thanks for sharing. Much appreicated. Awesome. Cool.

#13 Outslayslolz

Outslayslolz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Yeah 3's match was supposed to be a before and after type of thing.

Thanks for your help guys really going to take it seriously.

#14 sumdude213

sumdude213
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'm gonna assume you're already familiar with the basics of arena. Knowing what spells to use and when, how to communicate properly with your teammates, using focus targets and whatnot. With all of that aside, honestly, it's all in your state of mind. Braindeadly has a lot of great videos that talk about this particular topic. You can have your own class down to the t, and you may have great partners, but the one thing that can really determine whether or not you'll succeed is whether or not you have a positive mindset going into it. Don't let losses get you down, instead, look back and analyze your mistakes and try to find what you could have done better. Of course it is possible that you still need to get use to your class and need to find better teammates that you can synergize with, but it all comes down to practice. It can be a long and grueling process, but it gets you the result in the end.

#15 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

NEVER GIVE UP!
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#16 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostBitinghard, on 20 August 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

it's actually right lol, tripple deeps is easy as fuck to 2,2k the amount of lsd, L/S teams with PvE gear crawling in arena atm is just out of hand.

I know it it's right. Everyone knows how easy it is, and everyone compains about how stupid it is. Everyone knows it takes a giant scumbag to play it, too.

#17 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

So I haven't played this game for like 2.5 years, but I used to be roughly 2600 rated when I did, so take it for what it's worth.

Did you try switching targets instead of just mindlessly tunnelvisioning something the entire game, hoping it dies? It may sound obvious/mean or something, but seriously, you sit on one target the ENTIRE game, not responding to cooldown usage or anything. That's pretty bad.

Also, judging from the first video (since the second one doesn't have sound), there's no meaningful conversation going on what so ever, some guy is like "I'm feared", YEAH NO SHIT I CAN SEE YOU'RE FEARED. There's nothing like "how long until blind?", "want to get X to burn trinket and then switch to him?", "hey can you kick next cast and I'll CS the one after that", "do you have cloak up?", "can you decurse this hex or do you want me to trinket", etc.
Shit like "JUST DISPELLED YOU DUDE" is so fucking pointless, I already fucking know that you dispelled me, I'm not blind, you saying that doesn't have any impact on the game what so ever.

kenny said:

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#18 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

View Postterribleperson, on 20 August 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

I know it it's right. Everyone knows how easy it is, and everyone compains about how stupid it is. Everyone knows it takes a giant scumbag to play it, too.

Warlock.

Triple DPS only exists as a response for the massive influx of Lock/Shaman/X that were plaguing and dominating the ladders in S10/early S11.

#19 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 21 August 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Warlock.

Triple DPS only exists as a response for the massive influx of Lock/Shaman/X that were plaguing and dominating the ladders in S10/early S11.

That's really just not true.

My main happens to be a ret, i just play this toon on the side because I have always enjoyed the warlock class. Point being, I know a few things in regards to why triple dps exists- and I can definitely tell you that it was not designed as a direct counter to warlock/sham teams.

Rets, outside of vanguards' comp, aka "retard cleave", dont really have any legitimate comps available, and are therefore forced into bullshit like ret/dk/rogue or ret/rogue/hunter (i've even seen some ferals thrown into that equation).

So, while triple dps is a direct counter to warlock/sham/x, it was not "designed" intelligently with the specific purpose for doing so.

And, I will maintain that it takes a giant douche to play, defend, or endorse triple dps. It's not even allowed into some player-run tourneys.

#20 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Also,

Warlock/sham/x has been dominating and popular far before s10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<