• Curse Sites
Help

Guild Wars 2 | Implementation to Forums

forum gw2 Guild Wars 2 profile character

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Guild Wars 2 implementation into the forums. (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want 'Add Guild Wars 2 Character' System to be implemented on the forum after the game's release?

1. Yes, that would be great! (31 votes [81.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.58%

2. I honestly don't care. (6 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. No. (1 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

I've got a question for the guys that run Arena Junkies, and for anyone who might know the answer.

So, there is a system that allows you to chose your World of Warcraft character in the settings and then it shows up under your avatar, paints your name in the colour of the fraction, shows talents etc. Is there a possibility that after the Guild Wars 2 launch the same sort of system will be created to suport GW2 characters? I mean, it seems like there is gonna be a pretty large community for the game and people would like that sort of stuff. I know this has been 'WoW-only' forum for a long time, but if you have finally decided to pick one more game, wouldn't it be 'politicly-correct' to do something like that?

Would love to hear an answer from the admins, but most of all I'd like to hear if all of you people agree with me on the matter.

Please do complete the poll above, so the amount of people who want it is clear. Thanks!
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#2 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think in the pinned thread, they say it isn't possible yet because of lack of access to the API, like modders have access to in WoW.

#3 Lillpappz

Lillpappz
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Doesnt have to be a character taken from the game with API. Could make a mod where you create your own character with your own build etc.

#4 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

True, that would be nice.

#5 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

It'll most likely depend on ArenaNet providing the APIs for AJ to do that.

#6 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

I think I read something about an armory like feature in GW2.
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#7 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 15 August 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

I think I read something about an armory like feature in GW2.

Sometime after release they are suppose to be releasing a program (I'm guessing APIs) for people to develops apps and websites with.

#8 Zres

Zres
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Not that in matters that much, but yea it would be nice

#9 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

As many people have mentioned already, the ability to pull information from the game's data relies on ArenaNet and not us. I don't see any reason why a simple field where you can enter your name/server and select a race/class icon couldn't be implemented though, that being said, I'm not one of our coders so obviously it'll be up to them and the admins to decide.

#10 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

View PostDuckers, on 16 August 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

As many people have mentioned already, the ability to pull information from the game's data relies on ArenaNet and not us. I don't see any reason why a simple field where you can enter your name/server and select a race/class icon couldn't be implemented though, that being said, I'm not one of our coders so obviously it'll be up to them and the admins to decide.

Yeah, I mean that would be nice to have. Its not like world is gonna end without it but, it would be good to distinct WoW players from GW2 players and even simply to equalise both communities. As for me personally, I would love to have some more stuff under my avatar ^^
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<