Help

Best Race ... to be a ranger?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xristosmk

xristosmk
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hello fellow rangers ... ! I just decided (and i am pretty sure that it's the right choice for me ...) to be a ranger in Guild Wars 2 after playing the betas - stress tests and reading - watching some videos ! My question is simple enough and mostly just a question for discussion and fun.
So...
Which is the best race for a ranger ? What would you create and why... ? Anyone checked the best visually race for this profession ?

I first thought going for a Norn one ... just a plain thought and not some reason behind that decision !

Shoot me with your opinions !! Cheers ...

#2 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Norn or Huaman female for me. The iconic ranger character from GW is a Norn and looks awesome, Norn also have best racial armour for ranger.

Human just seem to look good as any armour type and their animations are good.

#3 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

I didnt know there was racials on gw2?

whattt

#4 xristosmk

xristosmk
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 15 August 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

whattt

yeap, check the list at guild wars 2 wiki ! (....forum doesn't let me post URLs until i make 5 posts)

#5 Sycthrex

Sycthrex
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Racial Skills are not as good as normal Skills for a reason so i wouldn't take them in to account if you are looking to increase damage or whatever.

BUT i was going to roll a Sylvari until i tried the Asura, their animations and characteristics are amazing lol

#6 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostJokerplex, on 15 August 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

whattt

There's racial elites that aren't as powerful as normal elite skills, more fun than useful.

Also the racials i was talking about were racial armour.

#7 xristosmk

xristosmk
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostSycthrex, on 15 August 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Racial Skills are not as good as normal Skills for a reason so i wouldn't take them in to account if you are looking to increase damage or whatever.

BUT i was going to roll a Sylvari until i tried the Asura, their animations and characteristics are amazing lol

Yeah, Sylvari seems to be the most "naturish" race for a ranger. Asura seems fun enough to be a reason to roll one ... !! Their animation looks like it's the most well designed in the game!!

the way they "hit the brake"  to stop after some walking is awesome ... !!hehe

#8 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

All armors looks fucking terrible on asuras.

#9 Turncloak

Turncloak
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Well, I didn't like the animations of human female. Sylvari female is smooth and I really like the voice (combat comments etc). Norn would be great from the view of a roleplayer, and like already mentioned, the racial armors are best. But atm I roll Human male. I really like the animation and the overall look of it. If your roll female, I would say Sylvari (f Norn reminds me of female dwarfs in WoW cause of voice and animations, too plump). If you roll male, Human. The Racial abilities aren't active in PvP, so its really just your own preference of appearence.

#10 Tycho

Tycho
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arak-arahm
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Sylvari would be the best race to play a ranger from a lore-ish point of view

#11 ViolentJay

ViolentJay
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Personally I like charr just because they look bad ass, but as far as lore goes, Sylvari (because they're plants) and Norn (since they have high respect/worship animal spirits) would make the best rangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<