Quick Armory

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:22 AM

When I want to look up an opposing teams makeup to see if the 5th is a druid or rogue, the lock is UA or SL/SL, etc., I usually hit the armory. Unfortunately, if WoW is running, the armory is incredibly slow for me. Because of this, the quick armory was born.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/armory/

This allows you to see the player's spec, important stats, and other members of the player's arena teams. Most importantly, it loads really fast and pulls data straight from the armory so it should always be up to date. This is the first iteration of the tool so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

It no longer takes a server. When you enter a name it will match all level 70s in your battlegroup and prompt you to click one or display the character if only one exists.

#2 Guru

Guru
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

To the spec part add some key points in the specs if possible. For example its good to know if a warrior has 0/2, 1/2, or 2/2 in the disarm talent. Cant think of any others offhand, but thats a pretty big one.

#3 Toxaa

Toxaa
  • LocationKiev

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:33 AM

It is awesome! Will run this armory every time I go arenas :)

#4 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:17 AM

Guru said:

To the spec part add some key points in the specs if possible. For example its good to know if a warrior has 0/2, 1/2, or 2/2 in the disarm talent. Cant think of any others offhand, but thats a pretty big one.
Excellent idea. I am also planning to try and classify all the different specs so that I can title them appropriately.

EDIT: The one problem is that looking up specific talents is an extra search on the armory. Still doable, but maybe will need to be an optional search button due to the extra page it needs to parse.

#5 Haet

Haet
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:45 AM

would u be able to make the battlegroup auto populate based on the battlegroup you are in(if already logged in of course)? that might save some time

#6 Caligula

Caligula
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

This is great. Thank you.

6) If u were tall like u are dumb, u would have snow on ur head.

#7 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:28 AM

My 2v2 ally has a laptop, so I sometimes ask him to get information on the players we're fighting; however, he is often unable to because of how much armory lags. This tool seems nice, but it still needs some work. You should be able to search for people without specifying their realm. You can select your own BG ahead of time (would be cool if that was saved after you selected it once) but having to type in the name and then also select the realm slows down things more than it needs to. Enough people have a unique name on the BG and if it's not unique, you should be able to quickly tell which one it is by noticing the class or arena rating before you even bother reading the BG they're on. You should also remove players who are not level 70 if you choose to implement this feature. Good work so far, though. ^^

#8 Gegg

Gegg
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Tyveris, carry my baby! This is so great!

#9 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Haet said:

would u be able to make the battlegroup auto populate based on the battlegroup you are in(if already logged in of course)? that might save some time
This could be done and seems like a good idea, I'll get on it soon.

Dimachaeri said:

You should be able to search for people without specifying their realm. You can select your own BG ahead of time (would be cool if that was saved after you selected it once) but having to type in the name and then also select the realm slows down things more than it needs to.
It should stay selected after you select it once. If it does not, this is a bug, let me know.

Dimachaeri said:

Enough people have a unique name on the BG and if it's not unique, you should be able to quickly tell which one it is by noticing the class or arena rating before you even bother reading the BG they're on. You should also remove players who are not level 70 if you choose to implement this feature.
Yeah, unfortunately it requires first a search on the armory, then a search on each player to try to differentiate (if they are all 70 with the sam e name). I'm assuming if you see their character you know what server they are on and want to quickly look up their info.

I could make a similar utility as well where you set your battlegroup and just search for the same and it parses through the results as mention.

#10 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

Tyveris said:

It should stay selected after you select it once. If it does not, this is a bug, let me know.
It doesn't stay for me. I use Firefox with adblock plus.

Yeah, unfortunately it requires first a search on the armory, then a search on each player to try to differentiate (if they are all 70 with the sam e name). I'm assuming if you see their character you know what server they are on and want to quickly look up their info.

I could make a similar utility as well where you set your battlegroup and just search for the same and it parses through the results as mention.
Most level 70s tend to have unique names within their BG. While there are obviously many exceptions, it takes more time to take a mental note of the realm and then select it then it takes to identify the individual you're matched against on the list. For example, I'm on the only Dimachaeri on Bloodlust, so selecting the realm when searching for my name is a meaningless endeavor. This is true for the vast majority cases, so you'll gain greater efficiency if you just list multiple names in the few cases when it's necessary, rather than having to select the realm for every search. So far I really like the tool as is; I'm just giving my 2 cents on what would make it more ideal from a user's perspective.

#11 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

Dimachaeri said:

It doesn't stay for me. I use Firefox with adblock plus.
Interesting, now when you say it doesn't stay do you mean if you leave the page and come back or if you continually search?

Dimachaeri said:

So far I really like the tool as is; I'm just giving my 2 cents on what would make it more ideal from a user's perspective.
I'm glad and I definitely appreciate the feedback. There might be a slight speed decrease if you do not select a server and we first have to search, but if the time saved is greater than the speed decrease (which it sounds like it will be), it is probably worthwhile.

#12 Akiel

Akiel
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:00 PM

This is amazing.  Makes my job a lot easier when deciding on targets.

#13 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

Tyveris said:

Interesting, now when you say it doesn't stay do you mean if you leave the page and come back or if you continually search?

It doesn't stay to what I've set it when I return to the page; it does fine if I'm continuously searching. One guy already mentioned the BG being set based on what realm the character you post is on, which seems like a good solution for registered users.

I'm glad and I definitely appreciate the feedback. There might be a slight speed decrease if you do not select a server and we first have to search, but if the time saved is greater than the speed decrease (which it sounds like it will be), it is probably worthwhile.

^_^

#14 Phiers

Phiers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

I'll try it the next time we arena, it looks interesting.  Having to input the server requires a little extra work and time, but it beats getting the wrong information I suppose.  One problem I have is, what happens if someone logged out with buffs?  I think it's safe to assume that if you're at 2100 (for example) and the rogue that pops up has 31 resil, odds are he's in his pve gear, but if he has full buffs, you might think he's significantly better off than he really is.

Also, maybe add a direct link to that person's armory?  If you have spare time, it might be better to just get the full view off the blizz site.

Looks good though, at least now there's a less-laggy option.

#15 Phiers

Phiers
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

Tyveris said:

EDIT: The one problem is that looking up specific talents is an extra search on the armory. Still doable, but maybe will need to be an optional search button due to the extra page it needs to parse.

Or a follow up click after all the other information is loaded, so that you can go "Oh, there's some time left, let's see what his talents are like" instead of having to worry about it before the search.

#16 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:06 PM

Quick Armory no longer takes a server. When you enter a name it will match all level 70s in your battlegroup and prompt you to click one or display the character if only one exists.

#17 Guru

Guru
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Tyveris said:

Excellent idea. I am also planning to try and classify all the different specs so that I can title them appropriately.

Adding a button option to search for specific talents would be nice =D

#18 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

Tyveris said:

Quick Armory no longer takes a server. When you enter a name it will match all level 70s in your battlegroup and prompt you to click one or display the character if only one exists.

Woot! Works awesome ^_^. I noticed it also doesn't pick up characters below level 70. Nice job! :D

#19 Keeblerelf

Keeblerelf
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:54 AM

Tyv, please add the following function:

When you type in a character, and it shows the people they're teamed up with, please show the specs of those characters aswell. Otherwise you have to click on their names to find the information which could be posted next to their names.

~~Although I know I don't have to say this... You may not think the extra 2 seconds is major, but it is.

P.S. Great idea!!!!

#20 Insight

Insight
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:04 AM

Brilliant, good job!

View Poststcolbert, on 25 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

To state anecdotal evidence is completely worthless is also fucking stupid since that's what the studies are based on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<