#1 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Not trying to flame.  I loved WoW when I played it.  Unforntunately life demands too much of my time for me to keep up with the gear grind to be competitive in PvP again.

I watched this video today though, and it blew my mind.  You might not like RvR/WvW or whatever they want to call it.  But I thought it was cool, and you can start contributing and playing from level 1, since you are sidekicked up to level 80.  Of course your gear stinks and you have little to no abilities, but you can still carry supply, contribute in other ways, and contribute a little damage.

Enough of my fanboyism though.  I hope it lives up to the hype, but at least I can PvP right away, SPvP and WvW.

#2 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Yup. You can contribute right at level 1. You won't necessarily be able to kill a level 80 character, and you will probably be slaughtered should you face an actual level 80, but you can still contribute. You can run supply, help defend keeps, operate siege equipment etc. Very rarely should you ever be in a 1v1 situation in WvW.

#3 Ensiferz

Ensiferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Its the best part about gw2, you're never gonna be useless even at lvl 1 you can contribute and actually make a difference for your server.

#4 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

1. Fucking Dreaming Bay. Ugh, such a pain to take. :)

2. I really enjoy WvW, it's amazingly fun and I love how you can level up while playing there... and start in at level 1!

3. Buncha nerd voices on this vid, omg. Narrator is awful.

#5 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

The WvWvW really gives a PvPer the opportunity to not even get to PvE content if one doesn't want to. You can level up all the way up to 80 right there if you so desire, however it might be a bit more difficult and time consuming. But I think, it is good that the option is there and if you just want to PvP there are a ton of ways to do it.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#6 Kaylos

Kaylos
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Thunderlord
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

I have been debating leveling up some first or jumping right into WvW.  Everyone else is going to be low level as well at launch on the 25th.  I will probably level a little bit if for nothing else to unlock and learn at least some of my weapon skills.

#7 Gesus

Gesus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1403
  • LocationFL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Best part of the game!

#8 Blizzy

Blizzy
  • Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Lvl 1 chars are atm bugged in WvW they are stronger than higher lvl chars. Stat allocation got double boosted, so you actually become weaker when you level up ^^.
I would advise you not to join @ lvl 1, wait untill you've got some weapons unlocked, preferably switching and 2 utility. So lvl 7-10 would be more usefull. When you unlock elite, everyone is ~ on equal ground.

#9 Lillpappz

Lillpappz
  • Members
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I dont think thats a bug. On low lvl you hit harder but have no utility. Its there to help even out the playfield so low lvl characters arent completely useless. The high lvl will always have an advantage anyway.

#10 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostLillpappz, on 16 August 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

I dont think thats a bug. On low lvl you hit harder but have no utility. Its there to help even out the playfield so low lvl characters arent completely useless. The high lvl will always have an advantage anyway.

Yeah totally. When I at first tried WvWvW on a Beta Weekend, I was like level 3 or 4 and I still felt like I had some impact on the battle, not just when helping to build ramps and mindlessly bash on the gates, but even when chasing the enemy and taking part in large battles in open field, 'cause I did decent damage and was able to provide support for the allies.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, RvR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<