• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1951

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hey guys, not sure if its relevant but I have a samsung bx2450

basically I noticed about a week ago that oil from my deep fryer has been splashing onto my second screen, I tried washing it off with a damp cloth and some windex but it didn't seem to come off and the only thing that happened was that it moved around but wasn't coming off.

Also it is very difficult for me to leave my house so buying a new screen isn't really an option, also I cannot order one online as by the time I get to the front door when the delivery guy gets here he has left given me a note to pick it up at the post office, which again due to my physical condition isn't really possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and please only make suggestions that involve products that are normally found around the household

thanks

#2 Singus

Singus
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

using windex (contains ammonia) or any isopropyl alcohol cleaning product is a pretty bad idea, it can degrade the finish on your screen, same thing with tap water, it can contain minerals and chlorine which also might degrade the screen finish

from some cursory googling it would seem that either a micro fibre cloth along with distilled water or a specialized monitor cleaning kit would do the trick

see if you can get a friend/neighbour/family member to pick up either the cleaning supplies or a new screen because grease stains can be hard to get off otherwise
The Nibelung's fateful ring become a pocket-book, might well complete the eerie picture of the spectral world-controller.

#3 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

this may seem dumb but have you just tried dampening the microfiber cloth that comes with the monitor and giving the screen a good wipe down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<