They need to Up the Cap in WvWvW

WvWvW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 beco

beco
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I think they need to up the Cap in WvWvW. If they want it guild vs guild and the guild cap is 500 and as of right now our guild can not get over 100 in there I think this is a problem. They need to make it so guild can get in a larger number of members in the WvWvW. This game is made for masive pvp in the WvWvW area as of right now it is not that.

Beco

Ruin (Lt)
Ruinnation.com

#2 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I believe right now the cap per zone in WvW is about 500 total. This is in place to prevent lag and make it unplayable for everyone. However if the central map is full, then go to one of the borderlands. It's been my experience that I always get into one of the borderlands

#3 Ensiferz

Ensiferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

As of now I am pretty sure its 300 for each server per borderland which means 900 people on each map if capped.

#4 rubix3

rubix3
  • Members
  • LocationNorth Port, FL USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Needs to be a higher cap, when 50% of your guild is sitting in Lion's Arch waiting for the queue to pop (for any WvW zone..) you know there's a problem. One way to semi-solve this is to allow Large Guild's to purchase there own servers ( Baller !! =P) allowing strictly their guildies, and alliance guilds, to be part of that server without having random players fill up your queue because they want to go fight NPC's in a WvW Zone.

#5 Ensiferz

Ensiferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

And exactly what enemies are going to be able to get into that "server".

#6 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postrubix3, on 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Needs to be a higher cap, when 50% of your guild is sitting in Lion's Arch waiting for the queue to pop (for any WvW zone..) you know there's a problem. One way to semi-solve this is to allow Large Guild's to purchase there own servers ( Baller !! =P) allowing strictly their guildies, and alliance guilds, to be part of that server without having random players fill up your queue because they want to go fight NPC's in a WvW Zone.

That's not a feasible option. With the way WvWvW is set up, it just would not work. They have to make sure they maintain multiples of 3 for all servers. But also, how would you recruit new members? Remember your home server is set in stone unless you decide to purchase a server change.

#7 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Postrubix3, on 13 August 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

View PostEnsiferz, on 13 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

And exactly what enemies are going to be able to get into that "server".

Exactly. So, you suggest the guild that owns the server should like invite others or what? Or should they fight among themselves. You didn't think that through, did you?) Or maybe its just me being an idiot.

As to the topic, I think if technology allows it, they should totally rise the cap, however if 1-2k people gather in the same place it ... might lag. Just a bit. Yeah. I don't think the tech is quite there yet to deliver. However, I might be completely wrong, so please to correct me if I am.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#8 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostExcept, on 13 August 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Exactly. So, you suggest the guild that owns the server should like invite others or what? Or should they fight among themselves. You didn't think that through, did you?) Or maybe its just me being an idiot.

As to the topic, I think if technology allows it, they should totally rise the cap, however if 1-2k people gather in the same place it ... might lag. Just a bit. Yeah. I don't think the tech is quite there yet to deliver. However, I might be completely wrong, so please to correct me if I am.

You aren't wrong. I believe I saw someone mention that they attempted to raise the cap last BWE and it caused massive amounts of lag in WvW, but I have no source for it. I also believe that I saw them mention that they are working on ways to increase the cap. However, they aren't going to increase it to the point where it will jeopardize performance.

Also I think it's a good way to prevent one guild from completely dominating WvW merely because they have more numbers.

#9 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

View Postbookworm438, on 13 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

You aren't wrong. I believe I saw someone mention that they attempted to raise the cap last BWE and it caused massive amounts of lag in WvW, but I have no source for it. I also believe that I saw them mention that they are working on ways to increase the cap. However, they aren't going to increase it to the point where it will jeopardize performance.

Also I think it's a good way to prevent one guild from completely dominating WvW merely because they have more numbers.

True. If one guild is on Vent, wrecking through that WvWvW, and there is no organisation whatsoever from the opposing servers, things will get ugly. On the other hand, can't they do it anyway? I mean isn't 100 people cooperating together gonna be enough to dominate? Sorry if I'm going a bit off topic.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#10 bookworm438

bookworm438
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostExcept, on 13 August 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

True. If one guild is on Vent, wrecking through that WvWvW, and there is no organisation whatsoever from the opposing servers, things will get ugly. On the other hand, can't they do it anyway? I mean isn't 100 people cooperating together gonna be enough to dominate? Sorry if I'm going a bit off topic.

Cooperation is rewarded. However, they don't want to allow one guild to completely dominate WvW and always hold certain keeps, never allowing other guilds the chance to own them.

TBH, if you have a very large guild, it will probably be a good idea to split up your members across all four maps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WvWvW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<