• Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hello everyone,
as we get a lot of questions regarding the blue name tags I did not want to wait until the AMA to tell you about them.

We have added some of the players writing answers during the AMA later today to a new user group called "GW2 team" and gave them a dark blue name tag. This is a lot more complicated than it sounds right now and it's an interim solution. There are many people around here that would deserve this tag, but we can only do so much, as it is completely manual work and can only be done by the admins, not the mods.

I have no current updates on how we will handle this user group in the future, its main purpose is the AMA today. Please be patient with us, we have a huge work load right now.

Leave your suggestions here on how we should handle the GW2 name tags on Arena Junkies. We have not decided, yet and would like to get your feedback.

#2 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

In my opinion Rapture should manually verify everybody's status... again - Right, Rapture? ;)

#3 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

The problem is that we can do it only based on suggestions or content made. There are no rankings, no ladders, no api data, no hard criteria. So the question is, should it be based on participation, on measureable (how?) ingame success, suggestions by the ones already having the tag?  Even if adding people would be easy, the method to distinquish is not. My best answer right now would be high quality content about GW2 and maybe something like a reputation based system.

Right now however, only Rapture can add people and he will most likely be back on Monday. I however will be on vacation on Monday. So keep this thread up regarding everything around the blue tag. Post your ideas and if you would like to get the tag, too.

#4 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Okay admittedly my post wasn't serious - I remember reading Rapture saying he wasn't going to do that again (content editor's section maybe?).

Secondly I also thought this thread wasn't in a public place.

Now I look like a knob. :(

#5 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

+rep for Starcookie

And yes, he said that and it would probably be insane to try it. Still this is why we want community feedback on this. If you have a smart solution, let us know.

#6 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I don't get the point of that group. Is there anything these people can do that others can't?
AJ should wait till there is something like Gladiator to create another group.

#7 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 11 August 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I don't get the point of that group. Is there anything these people can do that others can't?
AJ should wait till there is something like Gladiator to create another group.

i think the point was just to classify the people who know more about the game than the average players.

so when they answer a question in the AMA, it's not someone spouting random information.
@shitixmikesays

#8 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Give Ayra +blue since he provides us with sick nasty videos.
Then give me +blue because he will suggest me :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers:
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#9 Smellyead

Smellyead
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 12 August 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

Give Ayra +blue since he provides us with sick nasty videos.
Then give me +blue because he will suggest me :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers: :duckers:

No. :P

#10 Sycthrex

Sycthrex
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Blue Names?

Smelly, explain!

#11 ToonVendor

ToonVendor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Install the "HQ Badges" modification for IPB and then assign it to the group. Then whenever someone posts, it'll have the badges icon in the top right hand corner.

Examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The mod takes 10 seconds to install. You can put any badge up in any corner, though I think right would look the best. Have a designer make a badge, or edit one of the 5 or 6 they include with the modification (.psd ready to go). Also you can make it so that the badges only show up in the Guild Wars 2 forums, that way if anyone in the gw2 group posts in a non-gw2 forum they won't still have the badge.

After you're done, be sure to add me to the group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<