• Curse Sites
Help

Moa-morph

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rhymes_w_Grape

Rhymes_w_Grape

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

I love it, but it's so glaringly not balanced.

#2 Philijongon

Philijongon
  • Members
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Balanced how. For or against the mesmer?

#3 Lina_Inverse

Lina_Inverse
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostRhymes_w_Grape, on 11 August 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

It's not so bad in the guild wars competitive setting due to the decreased emphasis on scoring kills (objective based play).  

That said...it is a counter for literally everything including enemy elites and is pretty imbalanced 1v1 and in small group skirmishes.

#4 Timatsu

Timatsu
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Moa is one of the best elites in the game.  It's offense and defense, and kind of a demeaning thing if it is cast on you, lol.

#5 Rhymes_w_Grape

Rhymes_w_Grape

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Even in tournaments, you can use MOA to secure a capture point.

For example, team fighting at mid on Foefire in a tournament I did recently:

1) Moa guardian
2) team focuses guardian and rotates cc's
3) he's dead with no way to break the initial MOA CC
4) we cap and control mid

Granted you can dodge it, team mates help out, etc etc etc. But once it lands, you're fucked.

#6 Zabo

Zabo
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

View PostRhymes_w_Grape, on 12 August 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Even in tournaments, you can use MOA to secure a capture point.

For example, team fighting at mid on Foefire in a tournament I did recently:

1) Moa guardian
2) team focuses guardian and rotates cc's
3) he's dead with no way to break the initial MOA CC
4) we cap and control mid

Granted you can dodge it, team mates help out, etc etc etc. But once it lands, you're fucked.

I don't understand why you would focus the guy you Moa.  He's out of the fight, kill somebody who matters at that point.  And if he was the only guy at the point then why did you need to Moa him in the first place.  If you are going to use Moa you generally wanna wait until it's going to negate somebody else's Elite.  And you don't really wanna be attacking a guy you have removed from the fight, focus his teammate while he's out of it.

#7 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostZabo, on 13 August 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

I don't understand why you would focus the guy you Moa.  He's out of the fight, kill somebody who matters at that point.

Except if, as implied, he's the only thing standing between you and a point cap.

Think: is it easier to kill a guardian who's moa'd or a guardian who's pushing buttons? hmm.... ;)

I do think Moa lasts a bit too long, and it degrades the other Mesmer elite choices. I tried mass invis and I think mass invis should last at least as long as Moa! 10s on Moa is an eternity.

#8 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostWindwrath1, on 14 August 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Except if, as implied, he's the only thing standing between you and a point cap. Think: is it easier to kill a guardian who's moa'd or a guardian who's pushing buttons? hmm.... ;) I do think Moa lasts a bit too long, and it degrades the other Mesmer elite choices. I tried mass invis and I think mass invis should last at least as long as Moa! 10s on Moa is an eternity.

I personally love the idea of Mesmer having mass invis and the fact that it is so underpowered just drives me nuts. I mean, when you are making a choice between the 3 elites, what are you gonna chose, a massive Time Warp field, a bad-ass Moa-Bird 'polymorph' or a bloody 5 second invis?

Nerfing the bird would be a good choice, but if they decide to stick with it, they should at least make all the other elites up to standard, so that other choices apart from Moa are at least viable to use.
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#9 Mayama

Mayama
  • Members

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Does moa change your stats in any way?

#10 vVv_Cwalk

vVv_Cwalk
  • Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

i don't think it is that op, most of the time I use mass invis anyways, the cd is really long 3 min

#11 Elusion

Elusion
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 575

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostRhymes_w_Grape, on 11 August 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

+1

I can kill ANYTHING in a cc chain...magic bullet, blurred frenzy, signet of domination phantasmal duelist...oh you called a friend, moa morph him, retarget main target, mirror images, shatter, dead. Rinse and repeat on new guy since everything will be off cd by the time he's done being big bird.

#12 Sageboy

Sageboy
  • Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Moa is not op, time warp is.

#13 BringYourFriends

BringYourFriends
  • Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Yeah any player with there eyes open will notice moa pretty easily. Most mesmer will go invis before casting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<