• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tentacle_Love

Tentacle_Love
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

http : // en . gw2codex . com/build/5726/show

hopefully that link works for you.
In the last 2 beta weekends I explored a nice thief build centered around the concept of being a dick and harassing opponents from range to pull them off capture points, or to take and keep the attention of multiple foes at once while away from capture points, either to leave them in places where they're not helping their team, or to lead them on a chase through the pvp arenas.

This works pretty well.

There are a few things to point out.
By having dagger/pistol and pistol/dagger as my weapons, I get both an ability to close the gap and teleport to my enemy, and an ability to expand the gap and teleport away from my enemy. both are immensely valuable.

dagger/pistol allows me access to the black powder/dagger storm combo, which can completely screw up an entire team's alpha strike whether they're targeting you or not.

You get access to 3 stealths and 4 dodges in this build, making you capable of docking around and avoiding a hell of a lot of damage just through avoidance, so get good with dodging and stealthing and attacking from range, or roll something else, because that's the forte of the build.

lastly, when you're alone at a cap point sometimes you get the opportunity to swap out a skill, and adding some venoms to your strategy can really slow down or screw up your opposition. I recommend the chill venom and the basilisk venom, but not both at once unless you're the only person with slows on your team (a bad position to be in! talk to your teammates!) be aware of what you're trading out if you do.

Let me know what you guys think of what I did so far, I know there's room for improvement and some other strategies to point out, I may have forgotten something obvious.

#2 KaossDLE

KaossDLE
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

ive tried this build with venoms, its a killer!

#3 Durzie

Durzie
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Looks pretty good.

#4 Sangoria

Sangoria
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

This is a build for WvW ^^.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, build, ranged

0 user(s) are reading this topic