#1 tarair_1301243

tarair_1301243
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys, i'd like to share my new engineer video with you.

This is me playing an Engineer during the last beta weekend (bwe3) in various 5v5 tournaments. I am running an Elixir Pistol Build with full Nightmare Set and Rabid Amulet for max condition damage (see build below).

Build:
http://gw2skills.net...8l4L7XuvkfNqYWC

Tournamentmaps
Round #1 Legacy of the Foefire
Round #2 Battle of Kyhlo
Round #3 Forest of Niflhel

Songs:
Two Steps from Hell - Archangel
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Freedom Call - Warriors
Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory

www.atrox.de

Tarair

Edited by tarair_1301243, 09 August 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#2 Cazkain

Cazkain
  • Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

The Black Sabbath song is paranoid, good vid tho...lol

#3 tarair_1301243

tarair_1301243
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

woooooops, typo :o thank you!

#4 Lunde

Lunde
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 1771

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Didn't enjoy the music that much, but the vid was good so it's no probs.

#5 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

I mean... not exactly high quality opponents. Some were literally AFK.

The built is pretty simple, particularly for an engineer build. No weapon swapping and no kits. I am not really sure how effective it's going to be in decent team fights, but the nice thing about GW2 is there's a lot of room for nontraditional builds because the game hasn't even come out yet. :)

#6 tarair_1301243

tarair_1301243
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostWindwrath1, on 10 August 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

The built is pretty simple, particularly for an engineer build. No weapon swapping and no kits. I am not really sure how effective it's going to be in decent team fights, but the nice thing about GW2 is there's a lot of room for nontraditional builds because the game hasn't even come out yet. :)

The Issue with kits is, that they are so much weaker than your pistols/rifle. Also there is no space for kits, since you urgently need a stun breaker and something against conditions to keep your survivability up. In BWE1 i played Bombkit+Flamethrower+Slickshoes that was really amazing, but that build was nerfed to death.
Dont understand me wrong, Bombkit is still a nice kit for crowd control with a large knockback. Just the damage is low and you can be easily caught offguard. Tool Kit is a pretty cool kit when you are running a direct damage build with huge damage from the throw wrench ability and decent survivability due to shield block and cripple.

The other kits really suck balls:
Elixir Gun provides worst support ingame in contrary to the other professions. Also it doesn't help yourself, e.g. Fulmigate doesn't cleans your own conditions. No protection, no stability... You just can get condition removes via the waterfield, which you can also trait to procc on kit swap, with projectile finishers but that is at a procc rate of 20% and it is very situational, since you have to stay in it.
Flamethrower also got nerfed keenly and i can't see any benefits with it equipped except its toolbelt skill which lets your next three attacks apply burning. As squishy as the engineer nowadays is, there is no purpose to go melee.
Grenade Kit gives you nothing: no crowd control, no support except chill, no damage ... no need

Keep in mind: All evaluations are based on a condition based engineer build. And therefor (in my opinion) elixirs are superior to kits.

Edited by tarair_1301243, 10 August 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#7 Kael83

Kael83
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Tarair,

I played this build over the last few stress tests, and was impressed by the survivability and aoe damage the build offered.  Unfortunately, most of the damage from this build relied on bleed stacking (from autoattack and (2) sigils of earth) and incendiary powder procced burns.  The most-recent game build nerfed the bleed on pistol's 1-attack from 4s to 3s, placed a 2s ICD on sigil of earth, and a 4s ICD on the incendiary powder trait. (sorry cant post URL to patch notes as im new to this forum. PM me if you cant find them)   So, In sunday's stress test i noticed a significant drop in this builds ability to kill anything.  Do you think this build is viable anymore?

Kael

#8 tarair_1301243

tarair_1301243
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

yes, this build and all condition based builds i knew so far are now broken

in the last two stresstests i was running a power build with medkit, bombkit, grenades and toolkit

http://gw2skills.net...n1ZgKAYfeIXtFEC

- huge burst on demand with throw wrench + jumpshot + grenades toolbelt skill, but its very situational and you have to get your target immobilized first.
- knockback via big bomb
- stunbreak with each equipped kit due to kit refinement trait
- survivability via gear shield from your toolkit which is awesome to neglect glasscannon thief or warrior bursts. however, when it is on cd you are pretty fucked.
- only one condition remove with medkit

But without protection and regeneration and the situational burst every defensive skilled enemy is able to outlast you.

Sadly, i dont like the playstyle of a power engineer either :(

#9 Kael83

Kael83
  • Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

any footage of this?

have you considered a power/rifle based alchemy build?

#10 viKBraa

viKBraa
  • Members
  • LocationFL!!!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

What is your latest build now? I have tried this build and it seems like I do constant damage but no huge burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<