Help

Guild Wars 2: Getting Excited

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ValorLotD

ValorLotD
  • GW2 Team

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Guild Wars 2 is on the horizon and I couldn't be more excited.

So many games have botched the SPvP/Arena playstyle, only implementing it as an afterthought to the WvW mechanics that seem to draw the throngs of pubbies who can go out onto a battlefield and rely on the might of others to carry them to victory.  AoC, WAR, SWTOR, and countless other games.  The situation grew so bad that many of us made a move to the FPS or RTS realm and have been competing in games such as LoL, DOTA2, and a number of other knock offs.

I know this community is heavily entrenched in the WoW arena background, and so maybe you skipped many of these games, maybe you saw those early warning signs of immanent collapse, and said to yourself "Not today".  Well, good on you and paint me as the optimistic type!  I have tested more crappy games in my hopeful search for a self sustaining game than I care to admit, or can even thankfully remember.  Through all of these years, I have not found a game, even after launch, with a more complete arena system than GW2.

This is just the beginning for this game, with the addition of ladder rankings and weekly/monthly/biannual tournaments in the near future, GW2 is poised to see sustained success like no game has over the past half decade.  I know, I know, this is all already old news for most, but with launch as close as it is, how can we not get at least a little excited?
[LotD] Arena Leader
Lords of the Dead: 17 Years of PvP Excellence
Selective Recruitment: Currently Open

#2 PastorT

PastorT
  • Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

I feel the same way.  Buckle up this is going to be great.

#3 xaxses

xaxses
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2169
  • Locationgermany

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

just the same here!

#4 Supabad

Supabad
  • Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

1,000,000 years ago I was a multi gladiator in WoW. I fell in and out of love with the game and its never ending FotD balance changes. The single thing that worried me most about Guild Wars 2 was the fact that there was seemed to be so few buttons to press and how this seemingly simplistic UI would impact the difficulty of competitive game play.

I was very surprised after playing with my first beta weekend... the game feels anything but simplistic while you are playing it. The combat is exciting and dynamic and the talent trees offer plenty of customization and personalization to your character. Being able to swap out and modify the trait system on the fly is a nice touch.

Bottom line is if you're a fence sitter like I once was, do whatever it takes to spend 60 bucks on this game. There is no monthly subscription fee. You won't regret it!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<