Gimpact
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

Nice guide mate, learned quite a few things I hadn't taken in account :)

Real Life requires too much skill.
Posted Image

#42 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostSextron, on 04 September 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

Alright, more questions...

To me it seems that all of the offhand pistol builds are much harder to get into stealth and to me this seems to decrease their survivability a ton, due to no CnD.  Specifically, sword/pistol has no stealth except for Hide in Shadows, and dagger/pistol only has HiS and Black Powder to Heartseeker, which is expensive, slow, and can be hard to pull off in hectic fights.

So, is there something I'm missing, or are these builds just much less stealth-centric than offhand dagger builds?  If that's the case, I'm just not seeing what I should do a lot of the time.  Say I'm rolling sword/pistol and I can't land any cripples or anything to keep an enemy in melee range long enough to unload some pistol whips.  Is there anything to do but cut your losses and run?

Or as dagger/pistol, the build doesn't seem to have any high damage abilities besides Backstab (which has the lacking stealth problem) and Heartseeker, which isn't effective at the start of a fight.  So, what the f*ck should I be opening with until I can unload some Heartseekers?

Unless I'm just completely missing something, pistol/dagger or dagger/dagger just seems completely superior to these builds.  It should be noted that I'm looking at this almost purely from a 1v1 or very small group encounter perspective, because at the moment I'm strictly doing hot join sPvP and teammates are unreliable at best.

Hi! The main thing about offhand pistol is black powder to be honest:

- Smoke combo field
- Aoe blind (stomps, revives, survival)

I'll be doing an update tonight :)

Edited by Lowell, 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#43 pay928

pay928
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

You will at least once go for a 30 acrobatics build, equip a shortbow that you will use to spam Disabling Shot use the utility spells Shadowstep and Roll for Initiative, the healing spell Withdraw and troll the hell out of people, being untouchable and yelling « HOHO, HAHA, HOHO » everytime you dodge something with 1 of your 102123912192 evades.

Imagine that on an Asura Thief with a Unicorn bow.  Ultimate Troll build

#44 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

tried the unicorn spec, but 1) sigils don´t work at the moment and 2) i can´t kill stuff, so they survive until they get help.

I´d rather take a build that can kill people fast for solo pvp and good mobility to outnumber enemies as often as possible. I haven´t played thief before so i have no clue what works best. Can anyone telle me the best thief solo spec?  And sometimes i play with a friend, he is playing ele.

#45 Sextron

Sextron
  • Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postßlackjack1296682189, on 07 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

tried the unicorn spec, but 1) sigils don´t work at the moment and 2) i can´t kill stuff, so they survive until they get help.

I´d rather take a build that can kill people fast for solo pvp and good mobility to outnumber enemies as often as possible. I haven´t played thief before so i have no clue what works best. Can anyone telle me the best thief solo spec?  And sometimes i play with a friend, he is playing ele.

Yeah, I had the same experience with unicorn.  So far, double dagger or pistol/dagger have worked best for me.  Double dagger can explode someone very fast, but it is crazy easy to counter.  If you don't get your initial CnD/steal, you pretty much have a completely uphill battle.

Lately I've been using a non-share venom build.  It isn't nearly as bursty as double dagger, and it seems like it might not be as easy to play as some other builds, but it's way more consistent.  It takes some time to get used to usually wanting to keep range from opponents, though.  Also, with ambush and the summon elite skill, it makes it incredibly easy to solo secondary objectives.  (I take ambush over a 3rd venom).

#46 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Extremely well-presented and well-worded guide. :)

#47 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

Play with your team, even if you are in a solo queue

Did you really write that, dear?

<3

#48 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi, I've updated some parts, mostly builds, matchups and stolen items! Runes and Sigils aswell!

View PostMionee, on 17 September 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Did you really write that, dear?

<3

I know right? I guess even I can change... a little!

#49 Rothira

Rothira
  • Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

I still can't decide if I wanna play P/D Venom Share or the classic S/P Pistol Whip roamer in a serious tournament environment.

Posted Image

#50 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

play s/p venom share then ^_^
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#51 Minatau

Minatau
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 27 September 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

No

#52 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Yes

a

#53 Rothira

Rothira
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Posttreeqt, on 27 September 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

So, what build are you running at the moment? :)

Posted Image

#54 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

the unicorn condition build. seems to work best in our comp and with our playstyle. You can run all of the underlined ones on here though in the right comp and with the right playstyle.

#55 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi guys! Just did a small update, the biggest change being the Shortbow Shortcuts thingy. I added a video for each map showing most of the "non-obvious" shortcuts (with some obvious ones here and there ofc).

#56 Kurooz

Kurooz
  • Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

thank you!

#57 Neglekt

Neglekt
  • Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

cbvxb dcfgdfg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users