• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Sweet guide!

#22 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

You should update maybe (altho maybe better not since most of ppl copy paste your specs :<) for sword/pistol as it really looks like FOTM build now..Then again it's really easy to make :P
Posted Image

#23 Durzie

Durzie
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Wow, very detailed. good stuff.

#24 Durzie

Durzie
  • Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Great guide.

#25 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostBaklivaX, on 23 August 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

You should update maybe (altho maybe better not since most of ppl copy paste your specs :<) for sword/pistol as it really looks like FOTM build now..Then again it's really easy to make :P

Yeah, I'll do the updates today mate =)

Been veeeeery busy these past few weeks, sorry!

#26 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostLowell, on 24 August 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Yeah, I'll do the updates today mate =)

Been veeeeery busy these past few weeks, sorry!
Don't, even more kids will roll thieves and they will all still qq and then they will buff thieves even more and nerf them to the ground after. U heard it here 1st
Posted Image

#27 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I think it will be kinda hard to cry about Thief not being good enough in its current state :P

Updates done!

#28 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Loved this guide (We just chatted not too long ago on your stream) what an incredibly comprehensive guide. The community needs more people like you :P

#29 Am0n3r

Am0n3r
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the guide! I have been running around with pistol/dagger + short bow, quite a lot of fun given that people just die from poisons and bleeds as you roll around the battlefield... I think I might try out your unicorn builds and record those matches... Otherwise thief are pretty good... I have played 5 years of thughunter-life and kiting is pretty natural so I will probably come back to the pistol/dagger + short bow eventually.. might tinker around to find a rather kite+direct damage, rather than damage through conditions... Not sure if its possible at this current state...

#30 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

My only question is why you use the Divinity runes for your double dagger build. Also why you have chance on critical on your bow to regenerate health. I realize it's up to personal preference and playstyle for these, but I was under the impression that the bow is largely used to create combo fields with the poison and to get in/out with the shadowshot move. Is it not easier to just run the Sigil of Superior Energy to get another evade when changing weapons?
Posted Image

#31 Sextron

Sextron
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

What are your thoughts on substituting Blinding Powder and Shadow Trap for things like Signet of Agility and Shadowstep in the stealth builds?

Why wouldn't you want the increased number of stealths/backstabs?  Are the extra crits and shadowstep really that much better?

Edit:  After getting stunlocked quite a bit last night, I'm guessing Shadowstep breaking stuns adds a great deal of weight to its usefulness...

#32 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2011
  • 3v3: 1916
  • RBG: 1635

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

what server are you on? im pretty sure i met soneome named lowell in a tournament. are you female human rogue?

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

View Postlucyk, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#33 Lowell

Lowell
  • GW2 Team
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostKelustu, on 27 August 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

My only question is why you use the Divinity runes for your double dagger build. Also why you have chance on critical on your bow to regenerate health. I realize it's up to personal preference and playstyle for these, but I was under the impression that the bow is largely used to create combo fields with the poison and to get in/out with the shadowshot move. Is it not easier to just run the Sigil of Superior Energy to get another evade when changing weapons?

Divinity is still giving 3% critical damage / rune, making it a 18% critical damage bonus and Rune of the Pack's 4/6 is not working, so I'm not using it. If you want to cheese as much as possible, you can go Ogre Runes, in my opinion they are just THAT good.

View PostSextron, on 28 August 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on substituting Blinding Powder and Shadow Trap for things like Signet of Agility and Shadowstep in the stealth builds?

Why wouldn't you want the increased number of stealths/backstabs?  Are the extra crits and shadowstep really that much better?

Edit:  After getting stunlocked quite a bit last night, I'm guessing Shadowstep breaking stuns adds a great deal of weight to its usefulness...

Shadowstep is good offensively, defensively and for roaming between points, which makes it one of the best utility spells you can get!
Signet of Agility is my personal preference because it adds a condi removal and 2 dodges when used, you can replace it by a stealth utility without too much trouble =)

View PostFlexes92, on 29 August 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

what server are you on? im pretty sure i met soneome named lowell in a tournament. are you female human rogue?

US: Stormbluff Isle (iowell)
EU: Far Shiverpeaks (Lowell Oppa)

All my thieves are human males =)

#34 StillBrain

StillBrain
  • Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Nice guide

#35 Sangoria

Sangoria
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nice guide ! =)

#36 Sextron

Sextron
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Alright, more questions...

To me it seems that all of the offhand pistol builds are much harder to get into stealth and to me this seems to decrease their survivability a ton, due to no CnD.  Specifically, sword/pistol has no stealth except for Hide in Shadows, and dagger/pistol only has HiS and Black Powder to Heartseeker, which is expensive, slow, and can be hard to pull off in hectic fights.

So, is there something I'm missing, or are these builds just much less stealth-centric than offhand dagger builds?  If that's the case, I'm just not seeing what I should do a lot of the time.  Say I'm rolling sword/pistol and I can't land any cripples or anything to keep an enemy in melee range long enough to unload some pistol whips.  Is there anything to do but cut your losses and run?

Or as dagger/pistol, the build doesn't seem to have any high damage abilities besides Backstab (which has the lacking stealth problem) and Heartseeker, which isn't effective at the start of a fight.  So, what the f*ck should I be opening with until I can unload some Heartseekers?

Unless I'm just completely missing something, pistol/dagger or dagger/dagger just seems completely superior to these builds.  It should be noted that I'm looking at this almost purely from a 1v1 or very small group encounter perspective, because at the moment I'm strictly doing hot join sPvP and teammates are unreliable at best.

#37 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Pistol Whip makes you evade all attacks while you channel it.
And how is anyone getting away from you if you use S/P? Infiltrator's Strike kinda makes sure you're always on your target. And even then you still got your bow.
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#38 Sextron

Sextron
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 04 September 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Pistol Whip makes you evade all attacks while you channel it.
And how is anyone getting away from you if you use S/P? Infiltrator's Strike kinda makes sure you're always on your target. And even then you still got your bow.

The stun for pistol whip is way shorter than it takes to fully channel the spell, making it fairly easy to dodge away as soon as the stun is up and avoid a lot of the damage.

As for the bow, if a class has seen it beneficial to distance themselves from you, they're probably far more effective at range than a thief with a bow.

#39 wmd221

wmd221
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1606

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

sword/pistol 1 chain does a ton of damage if you can't use pistol whips

also using 2 into pistol whip ensures they eat atleast half the pistol whip unless they break the immobilize

#40 Manovski

Manovski
  • Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Is it me or thief traits changed since yesterday or since 2 days ago?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<