• Curse Sites
Help

Match Casting - Let the epic games begin!

GuildSource

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

If you're in this forum, odds are we share two passions in common: PvP, and GW2. We all want to see it flourish. My contribution? sPvP match casting that is exciting/informative/epic.

This thread can be about critiquing casters in general, to set goals for tournaments and casters alike, to relish over our anticipation for the on-coming spectator mode and other features/maps, or to display some casts as they come.

Latest match (9/17/12):

Open up for more match casts!

Spoiler

Let's talk about it. Besides spectator mode, what is a cast like this missing. Was it exciting? Can you see yourself in a few months tuning in to the best teams and your favorite players fighting to prove themselves?

I KNOW I CAN. I'M PUMPED. Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *head explodes*

We're getting better every cast, so eventually we'll TRULY do what casting is supposed to do: help the match be more watchable and entertaining/informative.

I'm your host Zael. Send me word via [email protected] if your guild has a good match that NEEDS to be casted, or just to chat!

Don't forget to spread the word of GW2 PvP. If you liked our casts, support our efforts with a much appreciated share or like!

GuildSource Videos - All things Guild Wars 2 at http://youtube.com/GuildSource!
PvP Casting - Guides - Information - Tomfoolery - PROFIT

#2 Prometheus0110

Prometheus0110
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I am really looking forward to high level casts!

I know this video is the only "pro" video out right now, so for me this cast was reiterating all of the stuff that was said over voice chat by the pros during the stream.  But, it will be great to get insight from the casters about what's going on in other matches that haven't been picked apart so much.

Keep up the good work!

#3 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

Good to see shiz like this =]
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#4 wAhsa

wAhsa
  • Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

Now all that we need is an actual spectating mode akin to that of the original game.

#5 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Thanks for the kind comments C: Do you guys have any questions about sPvP or the current state of the game? I might beable to answer some of them.

#6 Healing_Tide

Healing_Tide
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Wow. I can't believe you took the time to make that visual before the match begun. VERY cool.

+1 and mad props. Your casting is entertaining, and I like that you have two casters rather than one. I'll definitely be tuning into your channel as you cast more vids

#7 Prima

Prima
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Grizzly Hills
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Great casting, cant wait to see future games casted.
Posted Image

#8 Mianhe

Mianhe
  • GW2 Team

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Loved your casting, hope to see you guys casting some of our games soon!
Mianhe - Team Legacy (NA)

YouTube: www.youtube.com/teamlegacypvp
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/team/teamlegacy
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TeamLegacyNet

Facebook: www.facebook.com/TeamLegacyNA
Personal Twitter: www.twitter.com/TL_Mianhe

#9 Mirik

Mirik
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

I enjoyed watching this, good casting, hope there will be some sort of spectator mode later to really help casters to pop around and get more insight into whats going on where and to just give the average person that wants to watch a chance to see it as well.

#10 Conkuur

Conkuur
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

Really enjoyed the casting very well done. Looking forward to more in the future.

Question on focus fire. I know most games, healers are primary targets. In GW2 what do you think the primary target classes will be if any?

thanks

#11 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostConkuur, on 10 August 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

Question on focus fire. I know most games, healers are primary targets. In GW2 what do you think the primary target classes will be if any?

thanks

In matches with top teams, you'll start to notice that focus-fire is being employed more effectively as teams get more organized - and usually you're aiming for the "carry" in their group if you've been able to attain that data from previous matches or from the current. Right now it almost always means greatsword warrior or a guardian employing elite skill Tomb of Courage. I don't see it alot currently, but burst rangers are not only a threat for extremely high burst bleed damage but are also very squishy (making them another good focus fire target).

You'd think a group-support staff elementalist would be a good target based on their worth in a group fight, but ele's employing those builds generally go high-survivability utility skills and traits (double Armor of Earth, arcane shield trait, mist form, etc).

Due to mesmer's potency in a group, and due to the massive "disorientation" they can inflict because of clones running every which way, you'll see mesmers get keyed as well.

So to sum up, burst-DPS builds of any profession will be typical choices for that sort of thing - but as you can tell, it's pretty dynamic based on the build! C:

#12 Maim

Maim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2166
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

I enjoyed watching the game
Maims
Against
Illegal
Mexicans

#13 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

GuildSource is on my list for a feature for the next GW2 news.

#14 Conkuur

Conkuur
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostGuildSource, on 10 August 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

In matches with top teams, you'll start to notice that focus-fire is being employed more effectively as teams get more organized - and usually you're aiming for the "carry" in their group if you've been able to attain that data from previous matches or from the current. Right now it almost always means greatsword warrior or a guardian employing elite skill Tomb of Courage. I don't see it alot currently, but burst rangers are not only a threat for extremely high burst bleed damage but are also very squishy (making them another good focus fire target).

You'd think a group-support staff elementalist would be a good target based on their worth in a group fight, but ele's employing those builds generally go high-survivability utility skills and traits (double earth shield, arcane shield trait, mist form, etc).

Due to mesmer's potency in a group, and due to the massive "disorientation" they can inflict because of clones running every which way, you'll see mesmers get keyed as well.

So to sum up, burst-DPS builds of any profession will be typical choices for that sort of thing - but as you can tell, it's pretty dynamic based on the build! C:

Thank You so much for the info. Look forward to more of your casts and I'm sure I will have many more questions. Good Luck and much success in your endeavors.

#15 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 10 August 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

GuildSource is on my list for a feature for the next GW2 news.
Right on! I appreciate it

View PostConkuur, on 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Thank You so much for the info. Look forward to more of your casts and I'm sure I will have many more questions. Good Luck and much success in your endeavors.
For sure man! Anytime

#16 ShakeGW2

ShakeGW2
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I really like your casts so far. The graphics are awesome and make things clear and easy to understand for viewers. Keep up the good work!

#17 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostMianhe, on 10 August 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Loved your casting, hope to see you guys casting some of our games soon!

Right on! Keep in touch 'cause It'd be great to cast one of your guys' games!

#18 ValorLotD

ValorLotD
  • GW2 Team

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Great work on your casting... I've already been talkin with some of my guys about doing this sort of thing for SPvP and WvW.  Maybe we can see how working together would go on casting one sometime.
[LotD] Arena Leader
Lords of the Dead: 17 Years of PvP Excellence
Selective Recruitment: Currently Open

#19 GuildSource

GuildSource
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I just released a new match cast! Check it out. WHY? Because the end-score is VERY lol-worthy. C:

#20 Ensiferz

Ensiferz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Another great match and great casting keep it up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<