#21 Rhymes_w_Grape

Rhymes_w_Grape

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Either, really.

#22 Usk

Usk
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Amazing guide Blowi, learned a lot reading it. Nice graphics by the way.

#23 Guest_Enshadowed_TP_*

Guest_Enshadowed_TP_*

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Brilliant guide, Blowi being #1 as usual.

#24 Annwn

Annwn
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thank you for this beautiful guide -  the layout is good, writing is solid, and assessment of the class is thorough and thoughtful.

I've bounced between Mesmer and Elementalist throughout all of the beta events.  The only thing that is preventing me from deciding for sure on a Mesmer is the combination of factors that make it so easy to identify the Mesmer as opposed to her clones.

The 'call target' issue is the worst.  It'll take serious PvPers about 1 day after the game releases to realize that this a surefire way of immediately identifying the Mesmer.  The other issues are the graphical problems of clones not displaying offhands, and the fact the clones' health bars are so much lower than the actual Mesmer's.

That may seem picky, but to me, if a Mesmer's ability to deceive is lost, then the class is really weakened.  As of yesterday's third stress test, we're now less than two weeks from release, and none of this has been addressed.  I'm worried.  The PvE'ers won't care about this stuff.  But in PvP it's a killer.

#25 ToonVendor

ToonVendor
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Very impressive guide Blowi! This is the sort of stuff I want my guys to shoot for, hope you know a lot of them are bookmarking it ^_^

#26 Vesi

Vesi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 958

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Get Moldran to do a Warrior guide like this please :)

#27 Gimpact

Gimpact
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Nice job dude. Looking forward to play mesmer.

Real Life requires too much skill.
Posted Image

#28 Jayrougeness2012

Jayrougeness2012
  • Members
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't really like the Meser. . . .but after reading this it got me thinking they aren't that bad.

#29 Bl1tzwing

Bl1tzwing
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Very solid guide Blowi, this will be a great resource for Mesmers.

#30 Except

Except
  • Members
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thanks! This is quite a good read, and although there are some spelling mistakes and typos here and there, there is a lot of info one could acquire. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished and getting polished before and upon the release. I have just a couple more things to add, but you might've already thought about doing them.

1. You may want to add some stuff about what is considered (or what you think) is the best one-hand/off-hand combo for Mesmer. I'm sorry if I just missed this part when reading, but I shouldn't have.

2. The web site you have saved your builds on is good, but I like Guild Wars 2 Codex more. However, it neither has any sort of amulet or rune 'saving' options nor stat layout, so it might not be exactly what you were looking for. In the end of the day it's just a question of ascetics, or maybe it's just me, 'cause there is nothing wrong at all with the web site you are using now. ^^

3. This guide is really good as it is, but if you want it to be perfect, some video lessons might be a good option (someone has already suggested that, if I recall correctly). So just film yourself creating an "iDuelist" and making him fire through the wall of fire or indeed a vial. I will make easier for people to understand what the skill combos with Mesmer are all about.

The last thing I want to add, is that you've done enormous amount of work describing each spell and took time to tell us your thoughts on pretty much everything Mesmer has to offer, so thank you for that. Keep up the good work and please don't give up on the guide after the release, because... I want to refer to it every now and again :P
"We are gamers, not because we don't have a life, but because we chose to have many"Posted Image
The build I'm using right now. Totally viable and effective. (Gandara - Except Starwalker)
Also, check out my web site:
http://miss-click.com/

#31 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks a lot ;)

#32 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

wooh nice Blowi :D just the profession I was most interested in rolling
Posted Image

#33 ßlackjack1296682189

ßlackjack1296682189
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

I still don´t get what the role of a mesmer is in spvp and wvwvw.
For each thing there is a class that can do it better, so why would you bring a mesmer over class x ?

Edited by ßlackjack1296682189, 22 August 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#34 Windwrath1

Windwrath1
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

View Postßlackjack1296682189, on 22 August 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

I still don´t get what the role of a mesmer is in spvp and wvwvw.
For each thing there is a class that can do it better, so why would you bring a mesmer over class x ?

It's a really good question. Engineer is in the same boat, really. Neither Engineer or Mesmer are fantastic as roamers (compared to Thief/Ele) or in point defense (as compare to Guardian or Warrior). Mesmers and engi are decent at getting downed players up, but so are Warriors and Thieves.

The other problem I have with Mesmer, which I really want to play along with Engineer, is that Mesmer is such a cookie cutter class, now. If you're not running Staff + Sword/Pistol with Null Field, Mirror Image, the stun signet and Moa, you're "doin' it wrong." More thought out classes like Warrior, Guardian, Thief, etc, all have multiple viable builds with different utility choices. This is the reason I might play Engineer over Mesmer, even though at this point I think Engineer has even less of a defined role than Mesmer.

#35 lipstickxx

lipstickxx
  • Members

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks a lot blowi for this awesome guide .

Just a small question , as for staff (Condition damage/Survivability) build , when choosing the amulet , what do you think about Carrion Amulet . I was wandering if power is really that good to use especially for the phantasmal warlock.

#36 Blowi

Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

View Postlipstickxx, on 04 September 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Thanks a lot blowi for this awesome guide .

Just a small question , as for staff (Condition damage/Survivability) build , when choosing the amulet , what do you think about Carrion Amulet . I was wandering if power is really that good to use especially for the phantasmal warlock.

If you want the damage from your phantasms to be higher then power is the way to go. The damage will be much higher as a base stat through power on the warlock which means the increase per condition is a much higher increase compared to a low base amount.

#37 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Amazing guide.
Posted Image

#38 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostAnnwn, on 11 August 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Thank you for this beautiful guide -  the layout is good, writing is solid, and assessment of the class is thorough and thoughtful.

I've bounced between Mesmer and Elementalist throughout all of the beta events.  The only thing that is preventing me from deciding for sure on a Mesmer is the combination of factors that make it so easy to identify the Mesmer as opposed to her clones.

The 'call target' issue is the worst.  It'll take serious PvPers about 1 day after the game releases to realize that this a surefire way of immediately identifying the Mesmer.  The other issues are the graphical problems of clones not displaying offhands, and the fact the clones' health bars are so much lower than the actual Mesmer's.

That may seem picky, but to me, if a Mesmer's ability to deceive is lost, then the class is really weakened.  As of yesterday's third stress test, we're now less than two weeks from release, and none of this has been addressed.  I'm worried.  The PvE'ers won't care about this stuff.  But in PvP it's a killer.

Are the mesmer's illusions really supposed to be mistaken for the mesmer in PvP? I'd think that'd be really imbalanced. And I'd think it'd suck even for the Mesmer if they balanced around it 'cause they'd have to gimp us in other departments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<