• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1933
  • 3v3: 2475
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

A weekly King of the Hill WoW invitational hosted by Curse will begin this Friday on August 10th!

Posted Image

Watch the Stream Here!

What is this King of the Hill WoW Invitational about?

This King of the Hill WoW Invitational is a week to week tournament meant to serve as a consistent competitive event for people to watch and top players to compete in. Each week a series will be played between two teams, and the winner of that series will move on to the next week to face a new challenging team. Winners of each week will receive a prize, and teams with a large winning streak may even receive bonuses.

Scheldule:
  • Aug 10, 1PM EDT (10AM PDT, 6PM London Time)
Rules:
  • This King of the Hill Invitational will be played on live servers. No Legendaries are allowed. No Heroic Dragon Soul gear. Normal mode and under Dragon Soul gear are only allowed for the following specializations:
    • ​Warriors all Specializations
    • Mages all Specializations
    • Enhance and Elemental Shamans
    • Restoration Druids
  • Players are not allowed to cast anything that has a cooldown until the gates open. Warlocks pets are exempt because their pets do not have a cooldown. Mages and Death Knights may summon pets when the gates open.
  • Buffs with a 30 second plus cooldown and 5 minutes or shorter duration such as Fear Ward is only allowed after gates open.
  • Any short-term buffs with a 30 second or lower duration that would usually be cleared when the gates open are not allowed until the countdown is complete.
  • Players must follow simple guidelines to allow the spectator UI to work.
  • Losers of each map may pick a map that has not been chosen yet. Nagrand Arena will be the starting map of each series. In a best of 7 a map may not be chosen twice until every map is chosen.
  • Players that fail to show up at the assigned time will risk disqualification.
  • Matches where players disconnect before 45 seconds will allow the match to be replayed.
  • Teams may play with a total of 2 different setups. Exactly 1 healer must be included in each of the setups played. “Setups” is defined to be limited to only classes. For example, in Warlock Mage Druid, the Mage can freely go Fire or Frost and also play Rogue. However, he may not play Rogue, Mage, and Priest during the Tournament.
  • Teams are allowed to change their setups anytime they lose a game. Please keep in mind that this causes delays, so try to keep this to a minimum!
  • A match is considered a tie after 15 minutes. A tie results in a win for both sides.
  • On Dalaran Arena Warlocks may not set a port until the countdown ends.
  • Paladins may not build Holy Power before the countdown ends, Rogues may not build combo points via HOT, Shamans may not build up Ancestral Vigor, etc.
  • Unfair play is not allowed.
The following actions will be considered unfair play:
  • The use of any cheat program and/or hack program.
  • An intentional disconnection without a proper and explicitly stated reason.
  • The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings of the game.
  • Intentionally allowing an opponent to win a game.
  • Unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior such as inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player or tournament official. Please remain polite and courteous on stream and in game chat. Do not use profanity.
  • The use of a game bug that is determined by the board of referees as being unfair.
  • The use of an ineligible player (aka “ringing”)
Upon discovery of any player committing any violations, the offending player and/or their team, at the sole discretion of the tournament director or a group of referees, may receive a warning, a forfeit loss, or be disqualified from the tournament. Prize money may also be deducted as a % of the offending teams at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director in accordance with any policies that are already existing.

During the course of the event, the tournament director or group of referees may determine other actions to embody unfair play.

More information will be posted soon regarding where to watch the tournament, prizes, casters, and what teams will be playing.

#2 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

these tournaments should start having qualifier brackets for some new teams
@shitixmikesays

#3 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostMity, on 07 August 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

As much as i love the constant tourneys and it's realy helpful for the game, t would be awsome if it would be more than the same people.

Edited by Ayraswag, 07 August 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

should just invite the top 4 of the previous tournament(s), then 4 or so qualifier brackets for 4 new ones (or the same ones if they win the qualifier)

e; i am not bashing tournaments in any way if someone should get that idea. i am all for tournaments in every aspect. just a suggestion

Edited by Mity, 07 August 2012 - 09:56 PM.

@shitixmikesays

#5 Nicetrylawl

Nicetrylawl
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Why don't you guys do it so that there are for example sign ups where its best of 32 teams or whatever. So that we won't see the exact same players every single tourney. This will also give non rank one teams a chance to compete. I know that this is an invitational, but I'm saying for later tournaments that you guys plan on doing.

#6 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm all for more tournaments, but some of the rules seem a little strange?

Why do both teams win if its a draw, were is the incentive to play for a win if you can play it safe and draw?

Aren't mages in a good position dmg wise regardless of dragon soul gear?

Being able to change setup everytime you loose seems to take away the skill of trying to figure out tactics of how to over come the setup you just lost to. Being able to change after 2-3 games seems better.
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#7 dogfighterx

dogfighterx
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostHendie, on 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I'm all for more tournaments, but some of the rules seem a little strange?

Why do both teams win if its a draw, were is the incentive to play for a win if you can play it safe and draw?

Aren't mages in a good position dmg wise regardless of dragon soul gear?

Being able to change setup everytime you loose seems to take away the skill of trying to figure out tactics of how to over come the setup you just lost to. Being able to change after 2-3 games seems better.
No. Mages needs a lot of mastery in order to deal damage.

#8 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postdogfighterx, on 07 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

No. Mages needs a lot of mastery in order to deal damage.

Ok wasnt so sure hence the question mark as ive not played much this season or infact for a while.
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#9 Pozzél

Pozzél
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

would love to see some other teams playing maybe other combs than wl+shaman

#10 lilpe

lilpe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

I like turtles because they're so chill. They don't hurt anyone. They're just like, "Hey man, I want to swim, and maybe eat some lettuce. But I'm gonna take my time getting there, I'm not in a rush. Because I'm a turtle."
http://www.twitch.tv/lilpelilpe streaming arenas on daily basis. Dont forget to click follow
http://www.youtube.com/lilpelilpe just started to fraps arenas

#11 Chickz

Chickz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2773
  • RBG: 2141

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

So fire mages are allowed pve gear while warlocks and Shadow priests arnt
Posted Image

#12 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Really looking forward to this. I love the idea of King of the Hill, you know when to tune in and every single game is deciding.

#13 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

gawd dangit bawby

#14 xaxses

xaxses
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2169
  • Locationgermany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

/sign, but nevertheless teams should be still chosen regarding the variety of comps and the skill lvl should be held high otherwise viewers will lose interesst soon

Edited by xaxses, 08 August 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#15 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Well this is a different format. We have huge tournaments like the NAO or the one from Team EG and we have this one that focusses on a single high quality series every week. Diversity is a good thing. And having regular tournaments is good as well.

#16 xaxses

xaxses
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2169
  • Locationgermany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

@ hilde: yes but also underdogs make competitive things (sport etc) more interessting, especially in king of the hill there's a potential for "new" tournament players - let's say this tournament starts with 3 series containing the famous us players but then there should be a chance for a new team cuz lots of people get bored by seeing mainly the same people in every tournament

other topic: "us" only tournament? ):

#17 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

I agree. A deciding factor is choosing the right challengers. But give Diziet and Vanguards some credit. They know the scene pretty well and could feature interesting new comers.

By the way: New teams proving themselves is a huge factor. We have so many players around for a long time and few that jumped to the top during cataclysm. Xandyn, Zunniyaki and Metaphors are examples of the ones that became extemely good, but I think Metaphors is the only one that started playing in Cataclysm.

#18 Anjinsan

Anjinsan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 2414

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Teams may play with a total of 2 different setups. Exactly 1 healer must be included in each of the setups played. “Setups” is defined to be limited to only classes. For example, in Warlock Mage Druid, the Mage can freely go Fire or Frost and also play Rogue. However, he may not play Rogue, Mage, and Priest during the Tournament.

Explain please, why cant you play both MLD and RMP?

#19 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 08 August 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

but I think Metaphors is the only one that started playing in Cataclysm.
no he didn't bro
Posted Image

#20 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Ok, can anyone come up with a tournament winner, that started in Cataclysm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<