Help

Evil Geniuses hosts Raid Call World of Warcraft Invitational

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 LackOfSkill

LackOfSkill
  • Members

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Sorry I'd rather see some proper comps with players that know what they're doing than 3dps or some other shit comp

#22 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

I really hope this isn't going to be another 80% Lock Shaman team tournament..

#23 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostHynníx, on 06 August 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I assume what you are trying to say is that you dont want to see :shaman: :warlock:  in all the comps :confused:  but yea looking forward to the tourny another late night watching from europe :)

Exactly this.  I even play both classes and I know how boring it can be to watch it over and over.  Watching RLS play thug or Enhance warrior play vs LSD 2 etc is far more interesting to me - lets see some things we don't normally get to see.

And yes, I loathe trip deeps as much as the next guy for how it has screwed my ladder experience (about to get 2k achieve, tank 200 rating to straight trip deeps losses) but it's more exciting to watch than dot dot shaman hots.

#24 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey guys,

Tried our best to get a good variety of setups - the tournament will end up being about half Lock / Shaman / X which honestly in my opinion isn't bad for how popular the setup is at the moment.  I tried to get a Resto Druid team in there, but the few top ones I contacted weren't able to field teams unfortunately.  That said, we'll have two Priests, and two Paladins, and a good variety of the top teams from North America so it should be a very good tournament.

The goal here is to be able to run consistent high quality tournaments, so if this one goes well and gets a lot of viewers then we're very likely going to be able to have tournaments coming at you on a regular basis with increasing production values etc.  Please do try your best to tune in, and also to spread the word because I know that this is very short notice for promoting a tournament!  Everyone's help is appreciated in spreading the word so if you can mention it on your streams, social media, in game etc, then it'd be great.  MoP is also very close now, so although some of you may not be interested in Lock / Shaman / X, keep in mind the game will change greatly with the expansion, and the only way to ensure we have good tournaments to watch in MoP is by supporting the tournaments that are coming out now.

Thanks, and hope to see you all there!

PS.

The website is complete and should be live shortly, but look forward to seeing players such as Hoodrych, Talbadar, Cdew, Filo, Novoz, Samx, Woundman, Khryl, Sodah, Vanguards, Crysalid, Filo etc

Edited by Azaelz, 06 August 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#25 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

You'd probably have a little more luck finding resto druids if the tournament was at least hosted on live realms.

#26 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postspaceship, on 06 August 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

You'd probably have a little more luck finding resto druids if the tournament was at least hosted on live realms.

Yep, probably.

The TR is much easier to run a tournament on though, PvP trinkets work for the spectator client - everyone has equal gear and can setup whatever races / specs / gear that they want which is very nice and imo makes for a much better tournament.

#27 Rooftrellen

Rooftrellen
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2472

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

conradical best commentator
Posted Image

#28 Canadianpimp_613638

Canadianpimp_613638
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1822

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Nice to have a small, one weekend tournament.

#29 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostAzaelz, on 06 August 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Yep, probably.

The TR is much easier to run a tournament on though, PvP trinkets work for the spectator client - everyone has equal gear and can setup whatever races / specs / gear that they want which is very nice and imo makes for a much better tournament.

PvP trinkets are pretty easy to fix. I do agree that TR is better for the tournament overall, though.

#30 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postspaceship, on 06 August 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

PvP trinkets are pretty easy to fix. I do agree that TR is better for the tournament overall, though.

If you know how you should let someone know! They never work cross server on the spectator UI for NAO and other live realm tournaments.

#31 babber1

babber1
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

I am hoping to see reckful, snutz, and kolletktiv play!

#32 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

i love the effort to keep tournaments going but is there any possible way we will ever see some sort of qualifier for such tournaments? dont get me wrong i absolutely love watching the top players duke it out and such but kinda gets old? .. would be nice if a team came out of no where to shut someone out that isnt getting that chance on ladder for whatever reason ..

some people may just go "why waste time when these X Teams will demolish the competition .." well you really dont know for certain some one may have a bad night some may have a good night and we could really see a rise of potential players that we have never even heard of.. just a thought :>

azael you qt.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#33 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 07 August 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

i love the effort to keep tournaments going but is there any possible way we will ever see some sort of qualifier for such tournaments? dont get me wrong i absolutely love watching the top players duke it out and such but kinda gets old? .. would be nice if a team came out of no where to shut someone out that isnt getting that chance on ladder for whatever reason ..

some people may just go "why waste time when these X Teams will demolish the competition .." well you really dont know for certain some one may have a bad night some may have a good night and we could really see a rise of potential players that we have never even heard of.. just a thought :>

azael you qt.

That is sort of what we tried to do with NAO 3, allow more teams into Group Play, and let them qualify that way.  Didn't go as well as we had anticipated though, due to various reasons, one of them being the length of the whole tournament.

#34 Hendie

Hendie
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

View Postspaceship, on 06 August 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Hopefully rdruids will be in better shape in mop.

I am guessing azael asked atleast shaori and hotted? But there partners would rather play with a non druid as it gives them a better chance of winning :)
www.twitch.tv/Hendiee

#35 Milleh

Milleh
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1492

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostAzaelz, on 06 August 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

The website is complete and should be live shortly, but look forward to seeing players such as Hoodrych, Talbadar, Cdew, Filo, Novoz, Samx, Woundman, Khryl, Sodah, Vanguards, Crysalid, Filo etc

Filo is so pro he appears several times ;)

On a more serious note i'm really looking forward to this tournament and will spread the word! Best commentators ever!
Indestructible, Determination that is incorruptible, From the other side,
A terror to behold, Annihilation Will be unavoidable, Every broken enemy
Will know That their opponent had to be invincible, Take a last look around While you're alive, I'm an indestructible Master of war

#36 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

Can't wait to see hoodrych in a tournament again and it is nice to see only half the teams are shaman / lock / x ... most tournaments it's 75%.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#37 moosse

moosse
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Nathrezim
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

I kind of wish we could just do seasons, similar to NASL.Maybe not games everyday, for now, but games 2-3 times a week.  I for one know I would pay for High Def Stream if I knew there would be at least 2 - 3 games a week. and make the season 5 weeks or something and a week off then "finals"

but I am so glad that you guys are hosting and commentating these keep it up..

#38 Reeferlol

Reeferlol
  • Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

View Postbabber1, on 07 August 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

I am hoping to see reckful, snutz, and kolletktiv play!
please please!

#39 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

This tournament needs the Blizzcon Champ Zilea in it fo sho'!

Edited by Berèn, 07 August 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Website is live! http://raidwow.evilgeniuses.net/

Team Grandpa

Hoodrych (Arms Warrior)
Perry (Affliction Warlock)
Crysalid (Restoration Shaman)

Special Tactics

Woundman (Subtlety Rogue)
Benys (Affliction Warlock)
Diziet (Restoration Shaman)

Team EG

Cdew (Restoration Shaman)
Talbadar (Shadow Priest)
Filovirus (Affliction Warlock)

NAO Network

Novoz (Elemental Shaman)
Volkazar (Fire Mage)
Karvinen (Holy Paladin)

Rock, Paper, RET

Vanguards (Retribution Paladin)
Mes (Unholy Death Knight)
Sodah (Discipline Priest)

RLS
Samx (Subtlety Rogue)
Maldiva (Affliction Warlock)
Dinosaur (Restoration Shaman)

Skill Capped Black

Diggles (Holy Paladin)
Phil (Unholy Death Knight)
Swooze (Marksmen Hunter)

Enormous Decision of Doom

Khryl (Discipline Priest)
Kurum (Marksmen Hunter)
Datah (Feral Druid)

Edited by Azaelz, 07 August 2012 - 08:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<