#1 SanctioNs

SanctioNs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/0/2/2

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hi, I was just wondering, Im a new disc priest and am having trouble getting away from people, melee mainly. I was wondering what tricks and tips ppl have to increase survivability in arena? I get trained hard and feel like I have no escape rope to climb at times. Thanks!

#2 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Play with a mage and a rogue
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#3 SanctioNs

SanctioNs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

and if Im unable to do so.....?

#4 SanctioNs

SanctioNs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I thought asking a gladiator would give me some insight, any nub with a 2 rating in arena could have told me that... come on help a brutha out

#5 TanovahQT

TanovahQT
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1316
  • LocationSeoul, South Korea

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

It really comes to a management of cooldowns, and the ability to juke interrupts
You want to coordinate your defensive cooldowns with their offensive cooldowns
For example, you don't want to PS when he is just simply hitting you with his weapon, and you don't want to Inner Focus after you have just juked a mind freeze.
Double fears in arena will work wonders, if you are able to land it on the melee (obviously not warrior) as well as the healer at the same time.
Though, since I play with a rogue, I never throw fears into a resto shaman - ever.  All of my fears are used on the DPS in sync with an instantaneous stun or CC on the shaman .... the goal there is to make tremor never used, and every fear effective.

#6 Atxx

Atxx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/1/.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Really practicing juking pummels and counterspells will help you out wonders, as well as being able to land fears on the DPS when your teammates can control the healer.

Effective communication with your team, communicating to them that you need help and peels, will be the most effective way of dealing with your problems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Survivability, disc priest, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<