Forbes report about severe Activision/Blizzard problems

activision blizzard vivendi guild wars 2

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Mugems isn't at fault. It's Blizzard that doesn't care. We've all seen the SAME spammer bots in trade chat for TWO WHOLE YEARS selling rating/carries. I mean I've reported Fuzzion for botting MULTIPLE times over the past two years and nothing has been done AT ALL. I mean come on. Two years of a bot just sitting there and spamming? Let alone what it's saying?
It's like kids paying other kids to do their homework or whatever. Now you might say what kid is so dumb they can't bs their own homework? Well what WOW player is so bad they can't get 2.2k?
It's the teachers job to catch them and say YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK IDIOT! or in our case, Blizzard has to say GET YOUR OWN RATING!

#22 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Lets not go down the road of insulting back and forth here, you're all intelligent enough to know where that leads, especially when things start being reported.

Boosts exist and always will do. The only way to avoid it, would be to (properly) ban for account sharing, which is against Blizzard's best interests as it's cutting down subscriber numbers even further (and more importantly, the hardcore subscribers).

#23 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostStarcookie, on 04 August 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

Lets not go down the road of insulting back and forth here, you're all intelligent enough to know where that leads, especially when things start being reported.

Boosts exist and always will do. The only way to avoid it, would be to (properly) ban for account sharing, which is against Blizzard's best interests as it's cutting down subscriber numbers even further (and more importantly, the hardcore subscribers).
Yeah but in BC it was a lot different and more fair because it was for points for gold. In Cataclysm, it's just absurdly stupid.

#24 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Like to make it even worse, the sites aren't from China, they're right here in North America and Europe for everyone to see. Blizzard KNOWS the sites and knows exactly what they do and what they are for. The do not care a single bit. You used you get a few days banned for swearing, now I'm not sure what you have to do to get banned... like botting won't get you banned at all. Since cata came out all the top pvpers botted and at the moment every server has a spammer for those carry services...

#25 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

The only reason it was like that, was because gold had 'value'. You needed gold to buy things, as you got literally no gold from just doing PvP.

Now, 1000 gold is $0.20, meaning doing anything for gold would be > 250,000.

#26 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostStarcookie, on 04 August 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

The only reason it was like that, was because gold had 'value'. You needed gold to buy things, as you got literally no gold from just doing PvP.

yeah exactly, everything in the game had more value and it felt more like a world. Therefore people wouldn't be so willing to account share and actually afraid of punishment.

#27 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Stopped following it when he started to rant about how GW2 is superior in every way which is just simply false.

#28 drakuru

drakuru
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostStarcookie, on 04 August 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

0,35 - 0,5  per 1k. But we got the point
Posted Image

#29 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 03 August 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

I think so, too. He has valid points about some things and the fact that Blizzard/Activision is hard to sell plus the huge loss in subscriber numbers in the last months proves his point to some degrees. GW2 will not take over WoW's player base for many reasons, but it will draw many players in.
  • For one, players like me, that for example love playing Gnomes do not find an adequate replacement. Asuras are cool, but they aren't Gnomes. Sounds stupid? I certainly understand that, but for Gnome players that are deeply attached to their characters more than just a really good game needs to come out. You would not believe how many players feel this way.
  • There is no raiding end game, which means that all the raid guilds will not consider switching.
  • Players know their tricks in WoW and a new game poses the thread that all this knowledge and achievement build up over years is just worth nothing anymore. Your TBC glad or your Death's Demise title is now worthless and you start from scratch.
  • Social pressure. Players want to keep their guild intact and switching would mean losing that.
  • Skill matters, means you cannot bitch on overpowered mages because there is no restriction which class/gear/spec you use. Which means you lose because you played worse and this is something very hard to swallow for someone playing WoW for years. There are no excuses, little RNG and this means that the sense of self may suddenly say "you suck".

But and a wise man once said, that every word a man says before the "but" can be discarded: GW2 rocks, GW2 has ideals, devs, that listen to the community and huge promises, tournaments, e-sports, no grind and so much more. It is on paper the better game in my opinion. I especially think that after playing GW2 for some weeks the WoW grind will feel more painful than ever.

I think the main reason more and more people despise WoW is because it is deeply corrupted. Achievements and gear is bought, titles have lost meanings, world first pve means succesful class stacking and getting away with exploits. 98% or more of the competent arena players treat the game as an easy way to earn extra cash that is not taxed by f***ing the ladders with boosts. Rarely you see new players rise in the pvp community. Xandyn and Metaphors are two rare examples that managed to prove themselves in Cataclysm, but the basis is missing. We witness that wintraders attend the regionals and that people buy rank one season for season.

GW2 has no room for this corruption as you would have a hard time buying tournament victories. It has no gear you could buy and most likely not a lot of things that would offer bragging rights for cash. It has no problems with over-powered gear gained by farming dragons. Still, we don't know if Arena Net can keep their promises, if the 5v5 conquest mode will be as attractive as our beloved 3v3 arenas in WoW.

WoW has still a chance to become a fun, but most likely not balanced pvp game. We will see tournaments with MoP, we will cheer for our favorite comps, rage over buffs and nerfs and care although we pretent we don't. Let's be honest, we love WoW, we were often disappointed, but we are willing to forgive. WoW will be around for quite some time and as much as we hate on the developers and their decisions I highly doubt they will let this game fall to pieces. I for one love the idea behind GW2, love the concept and I will support this game on AJ, but playing asura just did not feel the same as Gnome. Hildegard is irreplaceable.

View PostWildeHilde, on 04 August 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

You are right, my post was arrogant and offensive, especially the last sentence and I apologize for that.

When you started the NAO tournaments I loved what you did, retweeted every single NAO tweet, advertised the tournament on Facebook, my old blog and even the trade chat. I organized Team Speak sessions to follow the games with other players. But when I realised that you owned your very own boosting site I became extremely disappointed and you got the full echo of that in my last post. As stated above - basically everyone here does boosts, but you were someone that seemed to turn around the game with your effort for the tournaments. I had so much hope and then it shattered. Someone with your skill level should not depend on earning money with shady stuff, you could do so much better.

Still my post was not acceptable and it is not true that you gave nothing to the community. Which is not saying I don't think you hurt the pvp community overall.  So I am trying to think of a way to make it up. Maybe we could have a discussion about this very topic, published in the general section.

Don't apologize for shit, you are 100% right. The NAO brigade and all their minions might not like anyone criticizing boosting, but it completely ruined the ladder. Boosters ruined their own game (or at least, the competitive PVP aspect of their game), and just because they have a little clique that reps every post criticizing you doesn't mean you're not completely and utterly correct in your assessment.

WoW PVE will be mostly unaffected by GW2's release, for the reasons you stated. But its PVP is definitely threatened by the game and when you look at WoW's horrible inactivity, corrupted ladder, questionable skill mechanics, gear grinds, PVE gear advantages, and jaded community -- it's not so much of a stretch to think that a new game starts looking attractive to a lot of players.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#30 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I miss when good players cared about the titles and mounts and played on their mains to get it. Now so many good players just log on to boost another account for cash and couldn't care less about titles or mounts.

#31 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 05 August 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I miss when good players cared about the titles and mounts and played on their mains to get it. Now so many good players just log on to boost another account for cash and couldn't care less about titles or mounts.
Yup. This is one of the reasons I don't arena anymore. The competition has been sucked out of it.

Edited by GLopez, 05 August 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#32 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'll write a post regarding corruption on and those little carry groups the kids do for their mountain dew and pizza money on battle.net later  to help draw attention to the issue. Unfortunately Blizzard adopts a policy of neglect: http://us.battle.net...46565976?page=1

I posted on DDoS and was posted capped within hours, and yet no blue post. At least I try though.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#33 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostGLopez, on 05 August 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Yup. This is one of the reasons I don't arena anymore. The competition has been sucked out of it.

Not to sound like an asshole, but did you not do a rank 1 sell with Vileroze in Season 9?  Come on man, dont hold double standards now.

#34 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

I don't think that makes you sound like an asshole. It's a reasonable question.

But I wasn't part of the sell. I wouldn't have made any money even if we hadn't gotten reset. I was just playing on my main to help out and enjoy the ride.

I don't really fault players for making a quick buck off the game. For most people, money is going to matter way more than preserving competition in a video game. I just wish the practice hadn't become so widespread.

#35 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostGLopez, on 06 August 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

I don't think that makes you sound like an asshole. It's a reasonable question.

But I wasn't part of the sell. I wouldn't have made any money even if we hadn't gotten reset. I was just playing on my main to help out and enjoy the ride.

I don't really fault players for making a quick buck off the game. For most people, money is going to matter way more than preserving competition in a video game. I just wish the practice hadn't become so widespread.

So you helping them / were on your main, even though you got no money out of it, means that you were part of the sell?

You helped facilitate the sell, played on the team, ignored the fact that accounts were being shared, and "enjoyed" the ride.  Again, I do not mean to sound condescending because I like you, but that to me, is no different then actually being someone who is getting the money for a sell.  Either way, "gameplay" is being ruined for other people.

Don't apologize for shit, you are 100% right. The NAO brigade and all their minions might not like anyone criticizing boosting, but it completely ruined the ladder. Boosters ruined their own game (or at least, the competitive PVP aspect of their game), and just because they have a little clique that reps every post criticizing you doesn't mean you're not completely and utterly correct in your assessment.

Posts like this really irk me.  I do not know shit about whoever you are, but I would be pretty surprised if you have never ever done a single boost in your life.  Do not care enough to do the research though.

#36 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

I understand your point. I see it as different because I wasn't getting any money out of it, but that does make me a bit of a hypocrite.

But I wouldn't take part in any sells today. I just don't like what it's done to the ladders and the feeling of community. I had a lot more fun with the game when I knew the people I was playing against and could consistently count on competition from people on their mains.

Edited by GLopez, 06 August 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#37 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

ITT: Mugemz complaining about someone boosting

also in this thread: irony

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#38 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

There seems to be a lot of finger pointing in this thread as to why WoW has been declining over the years.

The reality is the game peaked in tbc, everyone was playing wow and it was the best game out there by far.  Tons of activity and competition in the ladders and in pve.  Blizzard pretty much sat on their cash cow without continuing to develop and innovate.  What has blizzard really added the last few years since tbc to make the product better?  Aside from rbgs, LFR, and transomgs its pretty much the same game.

The frustrations that everyone is experiencing comes from thinking what wow could have been or could be.

#39 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I once sold

View PostCtuhlu, on 06 August 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

ITT: Mugemz complaining about someone boosting

also in this thread: irony
Mugemz is just so insecure about it, he feels bad about it so he'll blame anyone. Even if you sold someone conquest point cap he'll say point figures at you lol.

#40 Latis

Latis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostHackattack3, on 06 August 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

There seems to be a lot of finger pointing in this thread as to why WoW has been declining over the years.

The reality is the game peaked in tbc, everyone was playing wow and it was the best game out there by far.  Tons of activity and competition in the ladders and in pve.  Blizzard pretty much sat on their cash cow without continuing to develop and innovate.  What has blizzard really added the last few years since tbc to make the product better?  Aside from rbgs, LFR, and transomgs its pretty much the same game.

The frustrations that everyone is experiencing comes from thinking what wow could have been or could be.

yes its still the same game? when you buy an expansion you get new stuff to the game such as rbgs, its still the same game and always will be...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: activision, blizzard, vivendi, guild wars 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<