• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostJacka, on 11 August 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Awesome Videos, probably one of the most in-depth ones I've come across.

Also what Mic did you end up purchasing?

Thanks for watching!
I bought the C01U usb condenser studio mic

Sorry about me not being very active lately guys, been busy with some GW2 centered projects- joined up with a team, which will make more sense in the coming days when I am aloud to release info.

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#22 krayissm

krayissm
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Quick question why not use resolute healer? its just another shield of absorption and 10sec cd, and cant you use this on dead players? (use it on a ally who just died as just a knockback) also a side question can u heal players who are downed like with ur elite skill/ur cone heal?

#23 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

shield of absorption from the trait does not knockback
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#24 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

View Postkrayissm, on 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Quick question why not use resolute healer? its just another shield of absorption and 10sec cd, and cant you use this on dead players? (use it on a ally who just died as just a knockback) also a side question can u heal players who are downed like with ur elite skill/ur cone heal?

Like Treeqt said, resolute healer does not knock back. A lot of people across the forums have asked me this question, I just simply did not see the positives in taking this at the time- I can see how it would be very clutch in certain situations, but with me running sanctuary and having lots of blocking abilities (aegis, 5th on focus) I decided not to get it. As to the heal players who are downed question, I cannot- the heals are not received by the downed players, and I think that is for heals game wide (IE our six abilities)

Good questions

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#25 Rakke123

Rakke123
  • Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

nice vid! thumbs up

#26 Theos

Theos
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

What do you think about using this build with randoms? (I mean, in Hot Join with people you don't know, and they might be good or not)
And why did you choose mace/shield - sword/focus? I usually play sword/shield mace/focus I find it a better mix, sometimes you can combo with 2-5 (mace/focus) to get the regeneration boon, and you can get to your allies faster and ress them if they're in danger with 2-5 (sword/shield).
Regarding the video, I fng love it. Awesome! and Yes the sound quality is much better

#27 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostTheos, on 18 August 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

What do you think about using this build with randoms? (I mean, in Hot Join with people you don't know, and they might be good or not)
And why did you choose mace/shield - sword/focus? I usually play sword/shield mace/focus I find it a better mix, sometimes you can combo with 2-5 (mace/focus) to get the regeneration boon, and you can get to your allies faster and ress them if they're in danger with 2-5 (sword/shield).
Regarding the video, I fng love it. Awesome! and Yes the sound quality is much better

It might be a little more difficult to play with nobody you know, but you can still deffinately do it- there is just a disconnect in communication that is unavoidable. I chose to use the weapons sword/focus and mace/shield because I am basically switching between attack mode and defensive mode- while it would be nice to have both protectors strike and shield of wrath on the same weapons bar it also makes it more difficult for you to have the most attack potential available. With sword/focus or torch it compliments it nicely with an increase in dmg on either one of the off hands, mace and shield go together very well just because of the rotation of bubbles.

Just my take on it! but I do like your ideas, and thank you for watching my videos- I am glad you liked it.

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#28 Faelor

Faelor
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Never saw these videos until now. Keep it up!

#29 rypy

rypy
  • Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

cool video

#30 Androme1

Androme1
  • Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hey, nice videos. I have a question: Do you feel ''forced'' to play a Supportive playstyle when playing against and with more skilled players? I mean, is it expected of Guardians to play supportive, or are we attractive as offensive players aswell?

#31 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostAndrome1, on 22 August 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Hey, nice videos. I have a question: Do you feel ''forced'' to play a Supportive playstyle when playing against and with more skilled players? I mean, is it expected of Guardians to play supportive, or are we attractive as offensive players aswell?

Thanks for checking it out,
It is a very... very debated issue- and one that I do not want to make a definite claim on(not just yet at least ;) ). I feel at the present moment guardians fit well into the role of support, I personally think other professions can do better damage and sustain- but offensive guardians can still be viable, just because of our survivability. It is difficult to answer the question in regards to facing high skilled players simply because there was no real rating system in place- I will test this substantially post release, because in the beta events you were basically facing glorified pick up random teams.

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#32 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

I would also like to invite anyone who is interested in further discussion/analysis to come over to http://spvp.org/, I am part of the team on the website and it is open for discussion- it is formated like an arenajunkies but has a TON of ex pro's pushing out valuable content. I specifically have a thread open right now with an amazing guardian build on it: http://spvp.org/inde...sis-compendium/

http://www.dwigaming.com/
http://spvp.org/

Thanks guys!

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#33 Rothira

Rothira
  • Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Testing your 'super safe guardian build' right now.

Posted Image

#34 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostRothira, on 12 September 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Testing your 'super safe guardian build' right now.

Yeah for sure, let me know how it worked out on my thread http://spvp.org/inde...sis-compendium/
I am going to post a bit more advanced supportive build in the future, I have two- one that gives you very low health but really good healing and buffs and one that gives you amazing survivability with awesome defensive abilities (but starts to lack on healing)

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

#35 HidaHayabusa

HidaHayabusa
  • Members

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Very nice videos! I will be trying your builds once I find some people to roll with. I tried to play a support role in randoms, and I ended up healing myself and annoying a bunch of angry kids before zerging me 40 seconds afterwards.

Not fun for the casual PvPer

I will post questions either here or on your site, when I get some experience with playing 'da tank'

Thanks for the videos, keep it up!

#36 Superpope

Superpope
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostHidaHayabusa, on 25 September 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Very nice videos! I will be trying your builds once I find some people to roll with. I tried to play a support role in randoms, and I ended up healing myself and annoying a bunch of angry kids before zerging me 40 seconds afterwards.

Not fun for the casual PvPer

I will post questions either here or on your site, when I get some experience with playing 'da tank'

Thanks for the videos, keep it up!

thanks man, the supportive roles are a lot harder to run with in random sPvP games (just cause of the coordination problems). I'd suggest to post on the spvp.org builld forum:http://spvp.org/inde...sis-compendium/ I check it most often and can also get some feedback from other members. The tank build runs with retal, super annoying and effective.

Member of DWi gaming

Posted Image

DWipvp.com

spvp.org

Personal youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<