• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/1/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2414

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostFilovirus, on 29 July 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I don't think that's why people aren't stoked for GW2...........

this ^

#42 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

will try it since its subscription free and out a month befor mop, but by the time mop is out im guessing i wont touch it again, maybe im wrong :P

#43 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

It will be interesting to take this poll again in a month and a half.

The game is going to surprise a few people. It fixes a lot of complaints people have with WOW, especially the gear disparity. It has no gear disparity.

I'll probably be playing Mists of Pandaria more than Guild Wars 2, but only because of pet battles, real world PvP, and challenge modes. If I wanted an e-sport, I think Guild Wars 2 would win without a question.

Edited by GLopez, 30 July 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#44 Saradave

Saradave
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 1343

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostGLopez, on 30 July 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

It will be interesting to take this poll again in a month and a half.

The game is going to surprise a few people. It fixes a lot of complaints people have with WOW, especially the gear disparity. It has no gear disparity.

I'll probably be playing Mists of Pandaria more than Guild Wars 2, but only because of pet battles, real world PvP, and challenge modes. If I wanted an e-sport, I think Guild Wars 2 would win without a question.

People will probably try out GW2, but quit when MoP comes..
So indeed it will be interesting to see this thread in 2 months..

Edited by Saradave, 30 July 2012 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image

#45 frest

frest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 2200

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Sithyn is =S=S=S=

pm sithyn for free gold
mess with the best fuck the (f)rest :rogue:
Posted Image

:confused::confused:

#46 Shagaire

Shagaire
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people can't face leaving the characters they invested so much time into and therefore will just continue plodding along in a sub par game. Blizzard lost the plot somewhere in the last few years pushing out what can only be described as trash to what they once were.

I personally look forward to trying something different.

#47 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

gw2 is the same as every other mmorpg ever released, super hyped, will be popular for a couple of months then won't even be able to maintain more than a million subs because it's nothing new

also lol @ people still using the word "e-sports" to talk about mmos

Edited by faction, 30 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#48 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postfaction, on 30 July 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

gw2 is the same as every other mmorpg ever released, super hyped, will be popular for a couple of months then won't even be able to maintain more than a million subs because it's nothing new

I highly doubt that GW2 will have more than 0 subs, to be honest.

#49 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostSaradave, on 29 July 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

ohhh wow is so shit d90sa89dw3 i still pay my gametime... wow is so shit but im still on these forums because i never managed to build up a social life a9ds,dddddddsa

hi?

:DD

View PostSaradave, on 29 July 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

ohhh wow is so shit d90sa89dw3 i still pay my gametime... wow is so shit but im still on these forums because i never managed to build up a social life a9ds,dddddddsa

hi?

:DD
Posting on a public forum means you have no social life? What are you even trying to say? There's nothing wrong with complaining about this game and still playing it. When I "actively" played this game, I complained about balance a lot, but I still enjoyed the game enough to keep playing it. I complained because this game deserves to be complained about, especially in pvp. Obviously there is a certain amount of complaining, and if you cross that line, people will just ignore you. I read these forums even though I don't enjoy playing this game anymore because whatever is left of the pvp community is something that I like to keep up with.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#50 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 30 July 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

I highly doubt that GW2 will have more than 0 subs, to be honest.

"subs" = active players
Posted Image

#51 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postfaction, on 30 July 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

lol @ people who are idiotic enough to act as if mmos are worthless. Esport is whatever shit nerds like watching, nothing else so you can stop pretending you're a god for playing cs or whatever crap you like. Games are money and companies pretend to care about skill and all this shit to make nerds like you happy.
If enough people will follow GW2 arena and nerd about it 24/7 it might really join WCG or whatever other shit there is to join. Or maybe you're too much in love with blizzard to believe that just because they fucked up no other companies can turn an mmorpg into an esport.

The difference between GW2 and your other beloved games that didn't make it is that GW2 didn't copy every shit from WoW. Rift or the star wars shit were all exact copies of wow while GW2 doesn't remind me of WoW at all. Even the pet fight in GW2 comes from GW1 so you can even say that your god blizzard actually took that from there.
Don't try to comment on gw2 if you haven't even tried beta, there are a ton of new things in there. THAT's why people care about it. GW2 devs actually used a ton of their own new ideas while WoW doesn't have ANY new ideas. Yes, new mounts, cool, pretend to remake talent trees, cool, people who are all excited about mop REALLY just show how easily fooled wow players are by blizzard and that's the only reason this shit here didn't die yet. Not cause bliz is all amazing, no, cause they know how to make business, aka, lie and pretend.

#52 Qurix

Qurix
  • Members
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Man I'm so sick of those shit nerds ruining everything with their no life nerd shit. :ph34r:
All I want is a little rep. :(

#53 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

never had any interest in gw at all and it wont change. cant wait for mop atm

#54 faction

faction
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 30 July 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

lol @ people who are idiotic enough to act as if mmos are worthless. Esport is whatever shit nerds like watching, nothing else so you can stop pretending you're a god for playing cs or whatever crap you like. Games are money and companies pretend to care about skill and all this shit to make nerds like you happy.
If enough people will follow GW2 arena and nerd about it 24/7 it might really join WCG or whatever other shit there is to join. Or maybe you're too much in love with blizzard to believe that just because they fucked up no other companies can turn an mmorpg into an esport.

The difference between GW2 and your other beloved games that didn't make it is that GW2 didn't copy every shit from WoW. Rift or the star wars shit were all exact copies of wow while GW2 doesn't remind me of WoW at all. Even the pet fight in GW2 comes from GW1 so you can even say that your god blizzard actually took that from there.
Don't try to comment on gw2 if you haven't even tried beta, there are a ton of new things in there. THAT's why people care about it. GW2 devs actually used a ton of their own new ideas while WoW doesn't have ANY new ideas. Yes, new mounts, cool, pretend to remake talent trees, cool, people who are all excited about mop REALLY just show how easily fooled wow players are by blizzard and that's the only reason this shit here didn't die yet. Not cause bliz is all amazing, no, cause they know how to make business, aka, lie and pretend.

don't understand why you made this thread when you're such an indoctrinated fanboy, you obviously didn't want any conflicting opinions.  GW2 copies everything from WoW, the pvp is very similar aside from not having a gear grind.  WvW is a concept copied from the mythic MMO's and the way it's done in GW2 is pathetic always-instanced garbage.  Hell pretty much everything about GW2 is instanced.  It's WoW to the T - you sit in a town and queue up for instanced pvp.  Battlegrounds and arena, just renamed.  Nice.
Posted Image

#55 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Just Sayin – a blog by Cigs - very interesting read about this very topic, focussed on the community aspect.

#56 Berèn

Berèn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostGLopez, on 30 July 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

"only because of pet battles "
lmao
Posted Image

#57 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 29 July 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

inc cthulu posting about how bad wow is and how much gw2 is the best thing since sliced bread...

omg LOL
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#58 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostSaradave, on 30 July 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

People will probably try out GW2, but quit when MoP comes..
So indeed it will be interesting to see this thread in 2 months..
Haha. No.

I don't think people understand how different Guild Wars 2 is to WOW. At worst, it will satisfy a niche audience. At best, it will steal a lot of people from WOW — not enough to kill WOW or anything ridiculous like that, but a decent amount, especially in the PvP community.

View PostBerèn, on 30 July 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

lmao
You'd probably be surprised how many people are excited for pet battles and nothing else.

Edited by GLopez, 30 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#59 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

wow is bad and GW2 is the best thing since sliced bread

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#60 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

I don't think I'll be coming back to WoW. It's boring as shit to me, whereas GW2 new and fun. I think it's going to take people by surprise once it's released. It isn't another random hyped up MMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<