Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

A Message to Blizzard and the Community

DDoS

  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Please view my post and add thoughtful and constructive criticism. This is about stopping DDoS and telling Blizzard to bolster their moderation.

http://us.battle.net...565976?page=1#0

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Mstrkrftz

Mstrkrftz
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 276

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Please view my post and add thoughtful and constructive criticism. This is about stopping DDoS and telling Blizzard to bolster their moderation.

http://us.battle.net...565976?page=1#0

i think that if a girl wants to be able to play a dps role in the game then that is okay. they can even tank too if they feel like it!
THEMONEYTEAM

#3 Minpojke

Minpojke
  • Minpojke
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1244
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2403
  • 3v3: 2652
  • 5v5: 957
  • RBG: 2210

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Lol pointless thread since World of Warcraft or Blizzard doesnt have anything to do with Ddos
www.twitch.tv/Minpojke

#4 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Your text and concession of defeat is not only pointless, but it's cowardly.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1097
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 21 July 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Please view my post and add thoughtful and constructive criticism. This is about stopping DDoS and telling Blizzard to bolster their moderation.

http://us.battle.net...565976?page=1#0

Call your ISP and Police.  Blizzard has no responsibility over your skype friends.

#6 Epzyxo

Epzyxo
  • Epzý
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 550
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

real neeeeerd

Posted Image


#7 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 2013
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

DEEE DAWZZZZ
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#8 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 525
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

DDOSers unite

#9 Mistyxlol

Mistyxlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Posts: 260
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/2/1/2
  • Locationdenmark

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostMinpojke, on 21 July 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Lol pointless thread since World of Warcraft or Blizzard doesnt have anything to do with Ddos
:duckers:
[18:50:03] [1] [Battlepvp]: Btw, Are you gay if you get a boner when watching Gay porno? Cuz this just happened to me and now i dont know what to do :s

#10 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I agree with Dante: "that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality. There comes a time when silence becomes betrayal."

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 605
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

I commend what you're trying to do Bailamos, but sadly as much as blizzard should do something about it, I highly doubt they will :(

#12 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostKoshimo, on 21 July 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I commend what you're trying to do Bailamos, but sadly as much as blizzard should do something about it, I highly doubt they will :(

Well, then at least I tried.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#13 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 243
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1490
  • 3v3: 1516
  • 5v5: 1916
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostKoshimo, on 21 July 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I commend what you're trying to do Bailamos, but sadly as much as blizzard should do something about it, I highly doubt they will :(
even if blizzard wanted to with all their efforts, i doubt its even possible for them to handle it. i mean, blizzard doesnt own your ISP.
all that into consideration, its pretty simple to not get DDoS'd, so stop complaining if you do. its like clicking some randomzz link typing in your e-mail and password and then opening a ticket complaining because you were hacked.

Posted Image


#14 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostRailander, on 21 July 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

even if blizzard wanted to with all their efforts, i doubt its even possible for them to handle it. i mean, blizzard doesnt own your ISP.
all that into consideration, its pretty simple to not get DDoS'd, so stop complaining if you do. its like clicking some randomzz link typing in your e-mail and password and then opening a ticket complaining because you were hacked.

Post your Skype name on AJ as many of the users do such as the genius Gabbit, who has referred to me as a "Fucking complete idiot". It's as easy as using Skype's search feature.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Mionee

Mionee
  • Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 3733
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I still don't understand how do you guys still use Skype or haven't changed usernames at the very least. (on top of everything else you can do to protect your IP)

#16 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 352
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Who says I haven't? People use "social engineering" to get your newest Skype name. I of course now only have people that I trust, and, are my friend, however, over time, various arena partners, drama, pissed off partners, it's increasingly likely that my new Skype will be given out sometime, and, I will have to change my IP and Skype again. I do everything I can, and yet there is a major demographic in this game that doesn't know how to, that DDoSers can frequently prey on. Simply by criticizing people that are naive to the problem, and, asserting yourself as some sort of more intelligent authority... you're not helping.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader


http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#17 dame

dame
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 450
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

"This issue is one that is beyond the control over Blizzard Entertainment. You will need to contact the proper authorities if you feel your personal security is in danger."

"This is something that is beyond our grounds to address. However it is an extremely serious matter and we strongly recommend you contact your ISP. If this does not satisfy your dilemma, then you can contact the FBI."


My  responses from blizz, they dont care, and my isp didn't seem to know what ddosing even was.

#18 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1097
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 21 July 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

Who says I haven't? People use "social engineering" to get your newest Skype name. I of course now only have people that I trust, and, are my friend, however, over time, various arena partners, drama, pissed off partners, it's increasingly likely that my new Skype will be given out sometime, and, I will have to change my IP and Skype again. I do everything I can, and yet there is a major demographic in this game that doesn't know how to, that DDoSers can frequently prey on. Simply by criticizing people that are naive to the problem, and, asserting yourself as some sort of more intelligent authority... you're not helping.

So in essence you're masking your personal agenda with this being a Public Service thing that you're doing...

Oh and the bolded part.  This is how you act all the time yet you ask others to be completely rational in your crusade?  Ok champ.

#19 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1097
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postdame, on 21 July 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

"This issue is one that is beyond the control over Blizzard Entertainment. You will need to contact the proper authorities if you feel your personal security is in danger."

"This is something that is beyond our grounds to address. However it is an extremely serious matter and we strongly recommend you contact your ISP. If this does not satisfy your dilemma, then you can contact the FBI."


My  responses from blizz, they dont care, and my isp didn't seem to know what ddosing even was.

Again how is this under Blizzard's authority?  If anything happens in game or there is in game proof by all means ban the sorry bastard for doing illegal shit in your internet line, but why should Blizzard even give a flying crap about some random guy getting ddos'd?

As far as what Bailamos wants, he wants bans on "known" ddos'ers.  Don't get me wrong, ddosing is a douche bag/scumbag move and even downright depressing if you have to use it to win rbgs or arena matches, I hate it, and I think its a general consensus that its pretty stupid to do in the first place.  Having Blizzard ban these known ddosers means they have to get actual evidence to act on these individuals.  Not just a skype chat log or anything silly like that, they need detailed proof from the ISP of the actual attack happening.
Banning people with out evidence but just from a random he said report is bad PR, bad for the company, and just bad policy.

If you're having an issue with DDOSing deal with it the best you can in a legal way.  It is just a stupid request for you to ask Blizzard to ban teenage nerds that might be ddosing you or your pals.

#20 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 580
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1885
  • 3v3: 2285
  • 5v5: 1842
  • RBG: 2112
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

don't be sucha nerd then people won't DDOS you
problem solved





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DDoS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<