FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

If season 9 wasn't so damn long, it would have been fine.

It should have ended with 4.1.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostFTRouslan, on 24 October 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

do you have a shitlist in ranked order of people you want to possibly delete?

View PostNameswapro, on 24 October 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

My friend, they are long gone.
That's why there is a deleting option. You delete people you don't want to see anymore.

#22 Casualhex

Casualhex
  • Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Working as intended

#23 Bennebe

Bennebe
  • Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 30 July 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I always thought the games were pretty damn fast, to be honest. Lots of cleave comps ended things pretty early.

Anyway, I disagree, because I prefer longer games to short ones. What you said just illustrates the type of player that is involved in the arena scene now, and it sucks.

Lol? WotLK took a lot of 'skill' because of the pace of the game. People who want it slower illustrates everything that is wrong with arena. Slower =! TBC style. The lines between good and great became so blurred in Cataclysm it killed off any chance of WoW being a competitive tournament game. There isn't much difference in individual skill from a 2.2k player to a 2.7k player.

#24 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostBennebe, on 03 August 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Lol? WotLK took a lot of 'skill' because of the pace of the game. People who want it slower illustrates everything that is wrong with arena. Slower =! TBC style. The lines between good and great became so blurred in Cataclysm it killed off any chance of WoW being a competitive tournament game. There isn't much difference in individual skill from a 2.2k player to a 2.7k player.

I disagree.  There is a huge difference between a 2.2 and 2.7 player.  The problem is gear and a few big imbalances.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#25 CharrNorris

CharrNorris
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

How are mages compared to other classes? OP UP ?

#26 Innamorta

Innamorta
  • Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm actually loving the burst rogues have on MoP right now, everyone seems to think we're doing bad. But I think we're doing great.

#27 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostBennebe, on 03 August 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I can see your point, but i disagree. There is nothing skillful about a game ending in less than 20 seconds because of a ridiculous amount of damage being poured out. Anyone who would openly admit that a s7 beastcleave was anything more than a "pop cd's to win" comp is insane.

I liked pvp in Wotlk, though. I enjoyed playing my paladin because I thought it had a good amount of utility with cleanses and damage reduction. Paladins in this expansion dont have the utility they carried in previous expacs, as is the same for many clases. The play styles have been dumbed down into popping damage abilities to win. The fact that you think every arena match should be such a short length goes to show what the player base has become- impatient. I bet you're one of those dudes who could win 10-15 straight and rage hard as soon as that untimely loss comes into play. And you probably whine when you're not seeing immediate results in trying to build pressure.

The game should require thought. It should require strategy, not mindless damage that can sometimes kill people in openers. My point is not that every match should be 5+ minutes long, but rather, that the expectation shouldn't be that those games are less than a minute. where's the fun in that?

#28 KlexxG

KlexxG
  • Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ahhh mages

#29 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

View Postterribleperson, on 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I can see your point, but i disagree. There is nothing skillful about a game ending in less than 20 seconds because of a ridiculous amount of damage being poured out. Anyone who would openly admit that a s7 beastcleave was anything more than a "pop cd's to win" comp is insane.

I liked pvp in Wotlk, though. I enjoyed playing my paladin because I thought it had a good amount of utility with cleanses and damage reduction. Paladins in this expansion dont have the utility they carried in previous expacs, as is the same for many clases. The play styles have been dumbed down into popping damage abilities to win. The fact that you think every arena match should be such a short length goes to show what the player base has become- impatient. I bet you're one of those dudes who could win 10-15 straight and rage hard as soon as that untimely loss comes into play. And you probably whine when you're not seeing immediate results in trying to build pressure.

The game should require thought. It should require strategy, not mindless damage that can sometimes kill people in openers. My point is not that every match should be 5+ minutes long, but rather, that the expectation shouldn't be that those games are less than a minute. where's the fun in that?

Out of +rep due to all the drama threads in general discussion, but I would rep you if I could
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#30 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2215
  • 3v3: 2763
  • 5v5: 2105
  • RBG: 2046
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

What an annoying video
Posted Image

#31 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postterribleperson, on 22 August 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

word
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<