#41 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Kind of sad though when players need to theorycraft a system that would make people want to actually, you know, play the game? Why do you need incentive for everything? Why not just play the game for fun?

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#42 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I honestly think Super BGs and tabards (or other small rewards at certain ratings) would be enough to breathe life into the arena scene.

#43 ceiyoan

ceiyoan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazgrel
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/2/0
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 19 July 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Kind of sad though when players need to theorycraft a system that would make people want to actually, you know, play the game? Why do you need incentive for everything? Why not just play the game for fun?

Unfortunately people aren't having fun playing, and hence don't want to play. However I do like alot of these points made, especially the small rewards for achieving certain ratings. I do miss tabards as well, they were a cool addition that is similar to xmog, as it shows you achieved a certain rating, even if it wasn't gladiator. Xmog rewards would be another good idea to reward people who play and continuously try to push to a new rating to achieve that next xmog

Slappywag said:

Hey man, Metapod called. He said "harden the fuck up".

Feralswipes said:

its like some1 comes and says they are gonna stab you next time you meet, and instead of bringing a knife to defend urself you bring just your fists and then cry about it when ur dying lol.

we fight/beat glads, relentless glads, brutal glads, wrathful glads every game.  Just because youre good at arenas doesnt mean u know how to bg. -YajirobĂ­ (highest rated RBG player at 66% win/loss)

#44 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

View Postceiyoan, on 20 July 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

Unfortunately people aren't having fun playing, and hence don't want to play. However I do like alot of these points made, especially the small rewards for achieving certain ratings. I do miss tabards as well, they were a cool addition that is similar to xmog, as it shows you achieved a certain rating, even if it wasn't gladiator. Xmog rewards would be another good idea to reward people who play and continuously try to push to a new rating to achieve that next xmog

If people aren't having fun during the actual "playing" part, I'm not sure why throwing in some rewards would help. Wouldn't just making the actual game fun make more sense?

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#45 ceiyoan

ceiyoan
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nazgrel
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/2/0
  • Locationottawa, canada

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Oh it would, however I'm not entirely sure how blizz should go about that. Everyone's definition of fun is different. However some people might perhaps be inclined to arena more if small incentives were given, such as xmog gear or tabards, it wouldn't work for everyone though.

Slappywag said:

Hey man, Metapod called. He said "harden the fuck up".

Feralswipes said:

its like some1 comes and says they are gonna stab you next time you meet, and instead of bringing a knife to defend urself you bring just your fists and then cry about it when ur dying lol.

we fight/beat glads, relentless glads, brutal glads, wrathful glads every game.  Just because youre good at arenas doesnt mean u know how to bg. -YajirobĂ­ (highest rated RBG player at 66% win/loss)

#46 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Demonology 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1490
  • 3v3: 1516
  • 5v5: 1916
  • RBG: 1833

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 19 July 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

thats the best but at the same time hardest answer to achieve.
if we just follow that philosophy tournaments shouldnt award any money.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<