Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Class for MoP Arena


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bennebe

Bennebe
  • Members
  • Posts: 19

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I just got the scroll of ressurection and I plan to play something with only MoP in mind since it's close.

What do you guys think will synergize well with a ret or holy paladin in MoP? The classes I was considering were warrior, priest (both shadow/disc) or mage, but I will play whatever works better with paladins, bar a DK.

Any help from people on the beta at the level 90 would be welcomed, ty

#2 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Warlock... always been viable and has the most variety of setups...but Warlock paladin synergy aint great.  Paladin generally work with melee cleaves in the past...so warrior would be an option if past synergies hold up in MOP... which I doubt.  To be honest I don't think anyone really know what will work well together in MoP, so you just gotta roll the dice.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#3 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Buffs and nerfs will decide a lot. Monks look pretty good. You could farm heirlooms until MoP and level one, once it's out. Create a DK, level mining and herbalism. Collect all the stuff needed for the monk to level professions and be ready for MoP.

#4 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Im leveling a second warrior for MoP... watch them get nerfed to hell again ;)... before last expansion I leveled a druid for resto and a warrior for arms... that didn't go so well
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#5 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

I have four classes to decide on, rogue, priest, mage and monk. If everything works well I will play rogue and level a monk over time. Will still miss the grand Dance/Step/Prep times of rogues.

#6 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Posts: 2196
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

whatever class apeals to you the most.
Posted Image

#7 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

I have four classes to decide on, rogue, priest, mage and monk. If everything works well I will play rogue and level a monk over time. Will still miss the grand Dance/Step/Prep times of rogues.

Don't worry Hilde... you will probably have another god class to play in MoP with one of those 4 ;)
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I played rogue since classic, it wasn't always a god class. In S1 there was a famous blog by Team Pandemic  the very first sponsored WoW team and it stated, that rogues were the worst class for arena followed by druids as second worst. This came not "entirely" true for all of BC, but in S1 a lot of rogues gave up their class. In late S9 and S10 rogues were not really good either. Also rogues always depended a lot more than most other classes on the available PvE gear. Without PvE gear rogues were not that scary most of the time.

As far as I remember Nitrana was the first WoW pro-player to be kicked of his team, due to his class. In response to his kick from the 5v5 team (dominant S1 bracket) he created a new 3v3 comp called RMP.

#9 NavesLaiks

NavesLaiks
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 38
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 17 July 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Buffs and nerfs will decide a lot. Monks look pretty good. You could farm heirlooms until MoP and level one, once it's out. Create a DK, level mining and herbalism. Collect all the stuff needed for the monk to level professions and be ready for MoP.
who the fuck farms mats himself ROFL

#10 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostNavesLaiks, on 18 July 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

who the fuck farms mats himself ROFL

Someone that does interviews and waits for replies for exmaple.

#11 wellplayed

wellplayed
  • Members
  • Posts: 6
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

what heirlooms does monks need (the melee dps one) for lvling?

#12 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

View Postwellplayed, on 18 July 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

what heirlooms does monks need (the melee dps one) for lvling?

yes

#13 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 447
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 17 July 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I played rogue since classic, it wasn't always a god class. In S1 there was a famous blog by Team Pandemic  the very first sponsored WoW team and it stated, that rogues were the worst class for arena followed by druids as second worst. This came not "entirely" true for all of BC, but in S1 a lot of rogues gave up their class. In late S9 and S10 rogues were not really good either. Also rogues always depended a lot more than most other classes on the available PvE gear. Without PvE gear rogues were not that scary most of the time.

As far as I remember Nitrana was the first WoW pro-player to be kicked of his team, due to his class. In response to his kick from the 5v5 team (dominant S1 bracket) he created a new 3v3 comp called RMP.

This is just not true.

I mean, if you're talking in specific terms of s1, then yeah, there is some truth to that. Honestly, though, in s2 rogues were very strong, and druids were like the god-class in 2's.

Rogues were strong again in seasons 3 and 4; i saw plenty of legit comps for them then, and plenty of gladiators who were rogues.

I cant speak much to the beginning of wrath because i took a long break and didn't start playing again until s6, and even then I was only leveling. However, i do recall mutilate rogues having a relatively easy time in arena with several viable comps.

And as for your comments about s9 and s10, the only truth i can find in those statements is that rogues weren't as strong toward the end of the season as they were in the beginning. However, they have been consistently one of THE strongest classes this expansion.

I just wanted to clear that up because i thought you were stretching the truth there a bit.

#14 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Rogues were pretty strong in seasons 3 and 4 (i didn't play 1 and 2).  Not just because of Glaives and 4/4 set pieces (that just made them god mode).  Rogues were OK in Season 5 when I played a bit but I quit until season 8 and they weren't that strong from what I remember of season 8...they were probably fairly balanced.  This expansion they have been pretty good to start with and turned into god mode when they got the Legendaries handed out or Vial pre nerf.

Every class has it's ups and downs.... warrior was great at the start of season 9 but now it's shit... it is the rollercoaster of balance that we ride.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#15 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 2045
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Ok, the irony did not work out. Rogues became very strong at the end of S2 with the HARP spec.

#16 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 447
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 July 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Ok, the irony did not work out. Rogues became very strong at the end of S2 with the HARP spec.

Ah, reading your comment again I can see what you were trying to do. My bad. Now I feel like a douche.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<