Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Is burst damage in MOP out of control?


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 8870
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:39 PM



I hate posting a Swifty video, but it's useful in this case.

I'm not sure if the video is accurate right now because I believe the footage was taken before the latest patch, which added 30-percent base resilience, and nerfed some classes.

Still, the numbers are kind of scary.

Anyone with some experience with the latest beta patch able to chime in?

#2 cochonhalal

cochonhalal
  • Turnedlife
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 1030
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

i dont know how many times i have to post this on AJ

IT
IS
BETA

#3 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1243
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

How is it useful to post a video where he duels clueless bots?

#4 XtraT

XtraT
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 200
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

seriously, what do you expect if you still still for 20 seconds and let people PvE rotation in your face without popping any cd?

#5 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1089
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

You clearly dont get the concept behind these videos.  Sure you shouldnt take it seriously but it gives you an idea of things to come.  Stop writing off, oh its Beta, oh its swifty, oh lol its PvE rotation mongoloid action.

#6 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 954
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postcochonhalal, on 16 July 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

i dont know how many times i have to post this on AJ

IT
IS
BETA

IDK how many times I say this but that's what they said about cata.

And it's hands down the worst expac ever.

EDIT: didn't watch vid, prob wont being a swifty video : p

Edited by Ensipid, 16 July 2012 - 11:37 PM.


#7 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies
  • Posts: 1387

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

think this was recorded pre resi fix, gone from like 20% to 50% reduction now, not to mention most these players are clueless so to compare class's/spec's is pointless

Edited by Zeiyo, 16 July 2012 - 11:40 PM.


#8 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3252
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Rofl rogues are gonna be so OP 1.1 second lol
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#9 Qurix

Qurix
  • Members
  • Posts: 91
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Sick Rogue damage, only beats Holy Paldins & Prot Monks. :rogue: :rogue: :rogue:
All I want is a little rep. :(

#10 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 347
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2128
  • 3v3: 2445
  • RBG: 1717
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

wtf is this weapon bug?

#11 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 8870
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostZeiyo, on 16 July 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

think this was recorded pre resi fix, gone from like 20% to 50% reduction now, not to mention most these players are clueless so to compare class's/spec's is pointless

Yeah, this and the weapon bug are the reasons I don't think it might be relevant for release.

Still, the people saying that it's beta don't really make sense to me. Yeah, it's beta, and the whole point is to gather feedback. If it's actually broken, we're supposed to complain about it so it gets fixed.

Plus, problems slip through beta all the time, like Frost Mages and Necrotic Strike being overpowered and Discipline Priests and Hunters being underpowered at the beginning of Cataclysm.

Edited by GLopez, 17 July 2012 - 12:35 AM.


#12 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2730
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postcochonhalal, on 16 July 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

i dont know how many times i have to post this on AJ

IT
IS
BETA

This is such a fucking stupid thing to say. Don't you understand that BLIZZARD PUTS THESE NUMBERS IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE? They've had 4 expansions worth of practice, and yet EVERY TIME, certain spells are WAY out of control, and in the beta everyone complains about them, and then everyone says "it's beta dude", and then two months after the start of the season the spell is still broken as shit. Blizzard does not deserve the benefit of the doubt in these matters.

Hell, even in Guild Wars 2's first beta, there were really only one or two spells that were doing too much damage, and they were fixed for the second beta weekend. Comparing the two it's obvious that balance is not a priority for Blizzard. I'm not even attempting to shit talk WoW -- that's just the way it is.

Damage will be out of control for certain classes in MoP, just like it always has been during each expansion. I don't understand why people have any confidence in Blizzard's balancing abilities, especially in a PVP context.

You're playing the wrong game.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#13 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 677
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

If you say "it's beta" to tell people to not complain about things and provide feedback you quite literally do not understand the point of a beta and should stop talking forever.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#14 Qurix

Qurix
  • Members
  • Posts: 91
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postvarellol, on 16 July 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

wtf is this weapon bug?

Some bugged weapon rogues can use that procs poisons/mastery 20139120391023 times a hit.
All I want is a little rep. :(

#15 neilsback

neilsback
  • Neilyoirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 219
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Postcochonhalal, on 16 July 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

i dont know how many times i have to post this on AJ

IT
IS
BETA

thanks for stating the obvious

#16 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 1636
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

I faced a Warrior DK, and I think i died in under 3 seconds. Charge stun, dead. It doesn't matter if it's still BETA. You have to complain about the numbers or else it'll be season 5 all over again. I believe warriors are extremely overtuned. Also, the restoration equivalent of tree form doesn't work in arenas and it can get spell stolen (WTF)
Spoiler


Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#17 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 3344
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 17 July 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

This is such a fucking stupid thing to say. Don't you understand that BLIZZARD PUTS THESE NUMBERS IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE? They've had 4 expansions worth of practice, and yet EVERY TIME, certain spells are WAY out of control, and in the beta everyone complains about them, and then everyone says "it's beta dude", and then two months after the start of the season the spell is still broken as shit. Blizzard does not deserve the benefit of the doubt in these matters.

Hell, even in Guild Wars 2's first beta, there were really only one or two spells that were doing too much damage, and they were fixed for the second beta weekend. Comparing the two it's obvious that balance is not a priority for Blizzard. I'm not even attempting to shit talk WoW -- that's just the way it is.

Damage will be out of control for certain classes in MoP, just like it always has been during each expansion. I don't understand why people have any confidence in Blizzard's balancing abilities, especially in a PVP context.

You're playing the wrong game.

Yes, you own at WoW but you don't play because the game sucks, GW2 is going to be amazing, thanks for contributing

#18 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2730
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostHotted, on 17 July 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

You have to complain about the numbers or else it'll be season 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 all over again.

fixed that for ya :ph34r:

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#19 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 2730
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

View PostFilovirus, on 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Yes, you own at WoW but you don't play because the game sucks, GW2 is going to be amazing, thanks for contributing

I really hope you don't stop playing WoW.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#20 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

I really hope you don't stop playing WoW.
before you post on these forums again can you leave a quote to the last positive contribution you've posted on this site? Thanks! Sorry in advance for the hours you'll spend searching.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<