Can't do damage as a Rogue

Rogue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FO11OW3R

FO11OW3R
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi, so I'm a new rogue trying my hand in arenas. I have a couple friends that I'm doing arenas with some rated as high as 2700. I am still considered undergeared as I have cata daggers and about 5 other pieces with conquest gear.

My problem is in arena I never seem to do nearly as much damage as other rogues. I play 3v3s mainly and for some reason my partner who could be a frost mage or ret paladin. Does sometimes 4 times as much damage that me in arena. I'm also not getting focused usually so they are the ones getting hit with stuns and other CC while i'm able to sit on my target.

I keep recup up 100% of the time and slice and dice about 80%. The only time I feel like I'm a threat to people is when I pop all of my cooldowns at once and try to burst someone. Other then that I barely even dent there hp.

My friends have tried to help but the can't seem to figure out why I'm doing almost no damage. I'm only about 1500 rating so I know I'm bad, I'm just wondering if anyone has some tips of how to do more damage.

#2 cochonhalal

cochonhalal
  • Turnedlife
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

well thing is scaling with gear is sick in this game, so you wont be able to do more damage just by reading what someone says here, you can try and maximize your gears potential, but to wrap it up you really need to be fully geared to see high numbers.

#3 Monkeyaids

Monkeyaids
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/2

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Pool your energy before you kidney shot/garrote.

#4 FO11OW3R

FO11OW3R
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. I do have to get better at pooling my energy. Also is expose armor actually worth it? everone tells me to ignore it. so that might be part of my DPS loss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<