• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2772
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

On my previous posts I've been going over some general information on Mists of Pandaria PvP. I'm going to change it up and go into more details of each specialization. Hopefully this will give everyone who doesn't have beta a better idea of what each specialization is going to do! In this post I'll be going over Affliction Warlocks.

Posted Image

Affliction Warlocks

Affliction Warlocks have a lot of new abilities and changes. Some changes in PvP I found are:

Posted Image

Nifty Abilities

Posted Image

As said in my previous posts, Malefic Grasp is an extremely powerful channeled ability that warlocks can use to speed up their dots and do damage. The damage is near an execution drain soul. Having increased single target and burst damage is something many Affliction Warlocks dream of now and it's happening in Mists of Pandaria.

Posted Image

Shadowfury is such a nice ability to use in order to land some casts. Knowing you won't be interrupted every 20 seconds while your enemies are stunned is nice. The price of an AOE stun is not free. You will have to choose between using Shadowfury, Howl of Terror or Mortal Coil. Decisions decisions.

Posted Image

Symbiosis is such an insane ability between Druids and Warlocks. One of my most ambitious predictions for Mists of Pandaria is that Restoration Druids and Affliction Warlocks will basically overtake the dominant comps of Restoration Shaman and Affliction Warlocks. They will be the top 2 classes in Mists of Pandaria in my opinion. The synergy for Demonic Circle with a Restoration Druid is just crazy. Add that in to all the nifty abilities Restoration Druids and Affliction Warlocks are getting and we get an insane pairing.

Posted Image

Haunt requiring a Soul Shard is one of the biggest nerfs Affliction Warlocks have received. While there is a chance Warlocks don't always need a Soul Shard to use it, I still feel this is one of the biggest hits to Affliction Warlocks. This means Haunt isn't something you'll always want to spam as soon as your rotation hits it. You may have to choose a good timing for when you want that insane burst of Haunt + Malefic Grasp.

Posted Image

Observer is quite a strong pet. Seeing a pet Spell Steal my Sacred Shield on my Retribution Paladin was pretty frustrating. The ability to temporary summon 2 pets will also be quite an excitement to see. I can imagine skilled Warlocks being able to pull out an Imp to Defensive Dispel at a crucial timing.

Posted Image

Unending Resolve is a nifty new ability that lets Affliction Warlocks be immune to interrupts for 12 seconds and also take 50% less damage. Affliction Warlocks will be able to push in much more often now, especially if they know Demonic Circle and Unending Resolve are both up.

Posted Image

Soul Link has changed a lot in Mists of Pandaria. This new talent makes you share damage taken between your pet and you. Warlocks can take Soul Link and be quite creative with it. For example, I could see a Warlock on Dalaran Sewers sitting his pet behind boxes and letting it get healed while he goes out. Countering it wise, I can see people choo choo training a Warlock's pet since it's the same as hitting him!

Posted Image

Kil'jaeden's Cunning lets a Warlock move while casting for 6 seconds. As a melee player I HATE seeing more casting while moving. However, I can see Warlocks loving this. Paired with Shadowfury a Warlock will get his Fear when he wants it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pointed out by Hildegard, Imps are looking like an extremely viable pet. Perhaps they'll be a common off pet that Affliction Warlocks uses. Pet swapping in Mists of Pandaria no longer costs damage due to the changes in Dark Soul. Cauterize heal can easily save a Warlock's life more than once. The ability Sear Magic which is similar to Mass Dispel is no joke either. An Affliction Warlock that can clean an entire team of buffs or debuffs will not be funny. This is especially true when we look at how expensive Mass Dispel will be for Priests.

Affliction Warlocks Looking Good

As I said when talking about Symbiosis, I feel Affliction Warlocks are going to be awesome in Mists of Pandaria. They're getting lots of new abilities, and I'm excited for Vanguardy (my Warlock). I'm going to love Shadowfury into Fear into pushing up with Unending Resolve and Kil'jaeden's Cunning. I definitely see Affliction Warlocks being in the top tier comps along with Restoration Druids. Hit me back up in Mists of Pandaria if I'm proven wrong!

What specialization do you want to see next?

#2 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

this game gonna suck so hard.
I GOT 26 REP NOONE FUCKING FUCKS WIT ME

#3 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

So much talk about restoration druids, would like to know more about them.

#4 Benston

Benston
  • Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

this is absolutely disgusting

#5 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

You cannot use sear magic as a normal mass dispel, it only works for defense. You cannot clear beneficial buffs from enemies with it, such as bubble.

still op though

Edited by Wallirik, 23 June 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#6 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Sorry, this was my information. I knew it did not do offensive dispels, but chose poor wording.

#7 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

just a few corrections :)

1. fear will be instant cast because of the talent "blood fear". no lock will bypass this, and it removes the need to shadowfury--> fear.
2. kiljadens cunning is a completely awful talent. no lock will take this to cast while moving because of the penalty it imposes. to self impose a -50% haste on your channeled casts and give yourself a movement slow by 30% would be totally retarded. its literally a joke this is even a lvl 90 talent. The talent for pvp will without question be the curse talent that passively reflects 10% of all dmg done to you back to your attackers. it also allows you to cast a new curse on a target that would reflect all dmg done to you onto that target by 50% for 10 sec or something.

#8 Koxylol

Koxylol
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Would love to see a destruction warlock POV about panda bg,rbg and competitive arena. Affli is 2 boooooooooooooring for me
Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Rdruids
Posted Image

#10 ice101v

ice101v
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Frost or UH DKs, specifically highlighting their major problems(maybe some blizz guy will see the post by a major pvp player and fix them) Specifically their survivability(which has gotten worse as they took our only 2 spells and put it on the tree), the death rune cost for abilities(which makes our resource even harder to manage with another rune to manage), and the general crap pile that are the UH pets(ghoul having to be micro'd cause it doesn't save energy for gnaw, slow ramp up time, garg not scaling hardly and hardly being worth casting)

#11 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hunter

jk boring talent tree

#12 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2772
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Druid / Warlock on blade's edge is gonna be fun
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#13 Sherpdawerp

Sherpdawerp
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

haha defensive mass dispel on 10sec cd? at least there won't be any felhunter for silence if they choose that option.. (except for that double pet thingy) >.<

#14 ice101v

ice101v
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

The double pet is two of the same pet(one you can't control, like a frost DK or blood ghoul) it doesn't allow you to have 2 different pets.

#15 dreschnuu99

dreschnuu99
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • RBG: 2346

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

View Postice101v, on 25 June 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

The double pet is two of the same pet(one you can't control, like a frost DK or blood ghoul) it doesn't allow you to have 2 different pets.

nope you can decide which pet the 2. pet is (succubus for example seduces the target, imp occasionally dispells its summoner)

Edited by dreschnuu99, 25 June 2012 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Pyrilus

Pyrilus
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 1143

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Enjoyed the video, looks interesting :)

#17 Malevolént

Malevolént
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Interesting. Do it for destruction too pls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<