• Curse Sites
Help

There's a lack of skill involved in Diablo 3, how long will it last?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Mstrkrftz

Mstrkrftz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostbIlliAn, on 08 June 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

So as a competitive guy, CS1.6(Cal-M)->WoW(2900)->SC2(trolling masters)->D3(lol i has gold hehehe), where the hell do I go from here? Guess I'm back to SC2?

holy fuck you have the biggest cock in the world.

add that in there too.
http://soundcloud.co...-will-monde-and

NEW ELECTRO / PROG MIX!!

enjoy.

#22 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostNaatzors, on 12 June 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

the only reason WoW pvp was "better" in tbc, was because people where shit, and it was still unbalanced as fuck with a lot les viable options.

rmah tomorrow, hope you guys got rid of gold and bought items aleady, hyperinflation inc

No, the reason wow pvp was better in TBC was because you didn't have comps reliant on bursting somebody in 2 seconds. You had to actually outplay your opponents and use some strategy as opposed to "K, POP BLOODLUST AND BURST THAT BITCH!"
Posted Image

#23 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

so you're saying LSD/double healer was good for this game?

ok
Posted Image

#24 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Yes. Not a doubt in my mind. You can't recover from mistakes now. You take 1 wrong misstep, you get instantly murdered. You do that in TBC? Well the other team has to capitalize on it and keep that momentum for a bit. The game has a lot more chances to go back and forth. Now it's just a "FUCK I HAD VISION ON HIM FOR .5 SECONDS AND NOW HES DEAD LOLOLOL".
Posted Image

#25 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

you're saying pvp was better in tbc because it's more forgiving when you're bad? what?

tbc arena was a complete joke, stop being all nostalgic about it

burst in wotlk wasn't even that bad outside of s5 and some of s6, 99% of the time if you got "globaled" it's because you had shit awful positioning or shit awful teamwork and allowed two casters to cast into you because you're too bad to pay attention to anything else happening around you except for the one dude you're currently tunneling
Posted Image

#26 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostBreadstick, on 17 June 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

you're saying pvp was better in tbc because it's more forgiving when you're bad? what?

tbc arena was a complete joke, stop being all nostalgic about it

burst in wotlk wasn't even that bad outside of s5 and some of s6, 99% of the time if you got "globaled" it's because you had shit awful positioning or shit awful teamwork and allowed two casters to cast into you because you're too bad to pay attention to anything else happening around you except for the one dude you're currently tunneling

Wrong. TBC you could recover from 1 misstep, and the other team could capitalize on it. There's skill in being able to recover from shit. There's no skill in rolling shaman and hitting bloodlust.
Posted Image

#27 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

actually it's much, much, much easier to recover from mistakes in wotlk, as the game was even more ridiculously comp based in tbc

you must be having a hard time remembering how impossible it was to beat counters in tbc (warrior druid vs rogue spriest, rogue mage vs warrior shaman?)
Posted Image

#28 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

I think TBC arena PvP took more skill as the strategy (to me) felt more in depth in terms of rotating CC because the damage output wasn't high enough (usually) to drop someone from 100% to 0% in a blanket silence or something.  The biggest thing to me was the amount of coordination/communication to set up a chain of movies in order to secure a win.

I felt like you didn't have to string along as much CC, set up as much, etc. past TBC in order to net a win. I don't think this necessarily lends TBC to be more forgiving than post-TBC PvP, thinking of it this way.  I think if you messed up your CC (and maybe this is what Kelustu is getting at) or if you messed up one of your steps in a long series of steps, it set you back quite a bit.

So, it's a comparison to me of a marathon vs. a sprint, sort of.  TBC was more planning, more thought, more endurance (more similar to a RTS).  Post TBC was more twitch reflex (more similar to a FPS).

I don't know if that makes either one more skillful, just perhaps different skill sets.  I do think TBC required more skill but then again others don't (and I don't really give that much of a shit).  I just felt like sharing something off the top of my head which hopefully makes some sense because I don't feel 100% atm and I'm just rambling.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#29 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm not gonna search for it because I don't feel like it right now, but it was in the Priest Forums, posted by an undead priest named Belarin (I think that's the spelling).  His long post about TBC PvP seeming more chess oriented is the best way to describe how I felt about TBC PvP probably and why I enjoyed it so much and didn't care for (and why I quit) WOTLK PvP, let alone Cata.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#30 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

play league of legends, takes a long time to get good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 ubergosu

ubergosu
  • Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I've been playing for a few weeks here.  I originally had the same sentiment as the OP, but I figured it was just because I hadn't advanced yet.  Boy was I wrong.  No matter how far you advance, there's really no challenge in it at all.  The only reason I've kept playing is because I already spent the $60, and I figured that once I got to level 60 I'd be in for a treat.  Not the case. This game is boring.

#32 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

if you want a challenge don't use the AH, simple.
Posted Image

#33 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

League's boring as fuck now. I've plateaued at roughly 1950. I'm never going to be better than that, and I'm hugely at the mercy of my teammates. If ranked teams were more serious outside of the top .01%, it might be more fun. I just hate random matchmaking more than anything in the world.
Posted Image

#34 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ugh tbc, go play on the tournament server tbc and then wotlk ...see which you like better lol.

The game was too slow paced, not to mention comp/class variety was shit.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#35 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

wotlk was probably the most fun, but no season took skill.
Posted Image

#36 druidley

druidley
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

d3 is dead no pvp!

#37 Bigpapapump

Bigpapapump
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2406

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Fight a unique pack for 10 mintues flawlessly, jolt lag and get hit once - dead; how do you not have fun?

#38 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Aren't you thankful?
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#39 T3kniqe

T3kniqe
  • Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

I got bored within the first month. It was a real let down, considering I was playing Diablo 2 up until D3 came out. Honestly, at this point, I will probably pick D2 back up before D3.

#40 Abscent

Abscent
  • Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Until Blizzard decides to answer to what the players want and not to how much money they want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<