• Curse Sites
Help

There's a lack of skill involved in Diablo 3, how long will it last?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 bIlliAn

bIlliAn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well, I'm already bored. Have been for a week. There's nothing that separates you from someone who has cerebral palsy wheelchair bound for life. There's no leaderboard for anything, PvP/Arena doesn't exist (soonTM, lol), and the only point of playing the game at this point is to increase your damage or get more gold, so that you have an easier time farming more gold. If you'd like to defend that point by the fact that you can make real money off the game soonTM (Delayed 3 times now), I can tell you that it will be mediocre money and nothing will sell unless it's the best of the best and it'll be pennies for the time it took to obtain that item. You'd make more money for the time invested by selling arena rating. You can't piss anybody off, you keep pressing resume game and farming a treasure goblin or the cow level, to keep getting more coin, or more gear, to repeat that cycle over and over. Gold is going down the tube by the day, it's down to $15/mill, by the 12th it'll be down to $10-12/mill, and below $10/mill by the 22nd, and will only continue to decline as time goes on. Hardcore gold is the only thing worth anything currently at $70/mill, but Blizzard has the money AH disabled for Hardcore mode. There's absolutely no point in playing the game currently, stock up $5+ million, log off, reinstall in 6 months and buy the almost best gear which will be priced at 5% of what the best gear is priced at.

So as a competitive guy, CS1.6(Cal-M)->WoW(2900)->SC2(trolling masters)->D3(lol i has gold hehehe), where the hell do I go from here? Guess I'm back to SC2?

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#2 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Play hardcore and beat inferno if you want a challenge? Game is about having fun, not making money :)

kenny said:

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

The only thing that really bugs me about D3 is that if you're a melee class right now, you are automatically worse off in Inferno mode than a Wizard/Demon Hunter.

#4 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Play BLC, realize it's an amazing game, then leave because of issues outside the actual game.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#5 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Postxvee, on 08 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

The only thing that really bugs me about D3 is that if you're a melee class right now, you are automatically worse off in Inferno mode than a Wizard/Demon Hunter.

Just reroll, my wizard hit 60 yesterday and I'm in act 3 now, and I've not even played that much

kenny said:

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#6 xKodizzlex

xKodizzlex
  • Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Witch doctor is ez mode also.

#7 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

I had 15+ people on my friends list who started playing it when it came out, only 2 regularly log in.  It's not addicting at all, there's nothing to really look forward to.  No pvp, no arena,no leveling ladder.  It's just a super casual game.

#8 bIlliAn

bIlliAn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

View Postxvee, on 08 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ranged Class

++

++

http://www.jitbit.com/macro-recorder/

++

Sleep/Work/School/Partying/Clubbing/Working Out/Reading/Jerking Off

==

Life is Good
Facebook | Bodyspace

#9 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

I was over it the first day, Draw Something on my phone is more addicting

#10 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Posted Image

#11 Ghurzuk

Ghurzuk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 1507
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

i remember diablo 2 and was funny but more than 10 years back. diablo 3 is a fail. Is just a temporary break from wow. Nothing interesting, no pvp at serious levels at all. In about 1 year with mop release it will be empty. nuff said
Posted ImageArmory Link
"Through me to the city of woe, Through me to the everlasting pain,Trhough me to the lost , Abandon all hopes, ye who enters here"

#12 xKodizzlex

xKodizzlex
  • Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Its as good as a hack and slash game could ever be. But its very repetitive the challenge is very cheesy. Blizzard just nerfed a ton of exploits which means if you have not been using them you are now far behind everyone else who had.

#13 ethugandharmony

ethugandharmony
  • Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Are you implying that the prior games in the series required skill? Because they absolutely did not.

The Diablo series has never been about stroking e-peen via player skill. Rather, e-peen stroking is done through spending lots of time on the game. Time invested will always increase your epeen status in the game. This is as opposed to truly skill-oriented games such as Starcraft or CS. Sure, you can invest a bunch of time in the latter games, but eventually most players hit a "skill-ceiling" and reach the maximum ability of their potential, or their "skill" return for time investment decreases at an exponential rate, regardless of the amount of time invested.

You obviously bought the wrong game. May I direct you to GW2? It's fun and will be competitive, and since you seem to have enjoyed WoW pvp, it seems like the most natural transition / game for you to pick up.

P.S. I agree Diablo 3 is boring as shit and I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. I'll be good for the next few years with GW2 and Dota 2... fuck you Blizzard.

#14 nstomper

nstomper
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fire
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

View Postethugandharmony, on 10 June 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Are you implying that the prior games in the series required skill? Because they absolutely did not.

The Diablo series has never been about stroking e-peen via player skill. Rather, e-peen stroking is done through spending lots of time on the game. Time invested will always increase your epeen status in the game. This is as opposed to truly skill-oriented games such as Starcraft or CS. Sure, you can invest a bunch of time in the latter games, but eventually most players hit a "skill-ceiling" and reach the maximum ability of their potential, or their "skill" return for time investment decreases at an exponential rate, regardless of the amount of time invested.

You obviously bought the wrong game. May I direct you to GW2? It's fun and will be competitive, and since you seem to have enjoyed WoW pvp, it seems like the most natural transition / game for you to pick up.

P.S. I agree Diablo 3 is boring as shit and I'm never buying another Blizzard game ever. I'll be good for the next few years with GW2 and Dota 2... fuck you Blizzard.

At least in D2 there was a pve ladder.  Not amazing but you had some fame.  Don't forget pvp, good pkers could join a diablo run and wipe a group of shitty ladder players.  There were always pvp communitys, like pvp-east/wesuck! on east and gimmeitam on west.  They held tournaments and regular 4v4 private games daily.

That's how the game was when I played anyway "launch until 2003".  Shit was fun times.

Edited by nstomper, 10 June 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#15 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostThanatos, on 08 June 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Play BLC, realize it's an amazing game, then leave because of issues outside the actual game.

Cash Shop ruined BLC. Played for a days and still didn't have enough currency to unlock a champion.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 12 June 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#16 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Still like D3, for now. gues it's because i cant play during the week, but every time i get back to my PC the first thing i do is log on D3 to check auctions and play a bit. The social aspect is quite nice as well (imo)

After ~100hours played i only have 1 max char meaning i could still level up 4 more + hardcore - should keep me entertained for quite a while.

On the subject of it being to easy, i gues it is after you reach a certain gear level - but before that, i don't think it is that easy, from DH perspective at least - if you dont dodge everything  / kite perfectly you die. In the end you will kill the champion pack though i gues

edit: it's definatly no competative, agree witih that (apart from maybe hardcore diablo race) - but i personally dont mind that
Posted Image

#17 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 12 June 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Cash Shop ruined BLC. Played for a days and still didn't have enough currency to unlock a champion.

There's a starter quest to unlock one of the original 16. Though they helped ALOT over the year to help make it easier for a new player to enjoy the game F2P *added the starter quest that started with 8 then doubled to the original 16, changed from 4 free to play bloodlines per week that everyone had the same rotation... to 8 free to play bloodlines daily that were randomized for each player if I remember correctly.

Despite that, yeah the supposed grind still pushed away new players.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#18 xKodizzlex

xKodizzlex
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

#19 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostGhurzuk, on 09 June 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

i remember diablo 2 and was funny but more than 10 years back. diablo 3 is a fail. Is just a temporary break from wow. Nothing interesting, no pvp at serious levels at all. In about 1 year with mop release it will be empty. nuff said

Yeah because WoW pvp has been serious since BC anyways :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#20 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostKelustu, on 12 June 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Yeah because WoW pvp has been serious since BC anyways :rolleyes:

the only reason WoW pvp was "better" in tbc, was because people where shit, and it was still unbalanced as fuck with a lot les viable options.

rmah tomorrow, hope you guys got rid of gold and bought items aleady, hyperinflation inc
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<