• Curse Sites
Help

Been gone for a while. Answer my questions please!

Arena WoW warlock

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grumpyone

Grumpyone
  • Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I left WoW about 2 Arena seasons ago. When I left I had gotten to 2700 in 3v3 and gotten my 277 weapon I believe it is.

What I'm here to ask is, how is WoW about a year or something later? Is it any more fun than it was 2 arena seasons ago?

How are warlocks looking? I really would like to see something other than affliction every game.

Really thinking about coming back and doing raids or something on the lock as well.

I used to raid heroic 25m lich king back in the day. (on my boomkin Grumpyone)

Thanks for reading this and any info would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Grumpyone

Grumpyone
  • Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

Bump!!

#3 Grumpyone

Grumpyone
  • Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Nothing? I really would like to know what's it's like now!!

#4 Clabbehala

Clabbehala
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2453

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Game is the same, warlocks are playing affli.
Nothing has changed really. The game is not really any more fun, just the same as before
Death solves all problems. No humans - no problems
- Josef Stalin

#5 Epzyxo

Epzyxo
  • Epzý
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

locks are viable as always, as affliction that is, game is kinda boring if you ask me and raids are faceroll.

Posted Image

#6 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

One big difference is the rating deflation due to the mmr change.  Team ratings are much, much lower than they were in s9 and the first few weeks of s10.

http://www.skill-cap...w-it-works-now/

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

From my personal opinion, if you haven't played in a long time, and you can avoid the game, avoid it. Wait until Mists of Pandaria releases, then come back. Right now the game is completely stale. You wait a long time for a queue in 3's, and you end up getting a team thats 1900-2k MMR (assuming your MMR is 2380ish+)

PvE gear has a huge impact in PvP right now, as it did in s8. If you have the "OP" PvE gear, you're better off than those who don't. In rated battlegrounds, don't expect to get into a good group unless you have a cunning of the cruel/legendary.. Of course they're exceptions but you get the point.

The problem is, Blizzard has pretty much "checked out" on PvP until Mists. Nothing will change until the new expansion, so it's probably not worth the frustration of coming back until then.

Raiding is meh also.,. Dragon Soul has been nerfed to 20%, as I"m sure you remember ICC 25 was. You can pretty much pug most of the hardmodes in DS with a good group.

I'm not trying to sound discouraging, if you have the urge to play, then play. Just for me I see no reason to play right now.

#8 Athená

Athená
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2352
  • LocationThe Hague

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

View Postxvee, on 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

From my personal opinion, if you haven't played in a long time, and you can avoid the game, avoid it.

Never come back, it's a waste of time and money.
If you're interested in arena just play on a private server devoted to it. Queues on live are dead anyway.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

#9 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2025
  • 3v3: 2783
  • 5v5: 2069
  • RBG: 2121
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

View Postxvee, on 06 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

From my personal opinion, if you haven't played in a long time, and you can avoid the game, avoid it. Wait until Mists of Pandaria releases, then come back. Right now the game is completely stale. You wait a long time for a queue in 3's, and you end up getting a team thats 1900-2k MMR (assuming your MMR is 2380ish+)

PvE gear has a huge impact in PvP right now, as it did in s8. If you have the "OP" PvE gear, you're better off than those who don't. In rated battlegrounds, don't expect to get into a good group unless you have a cunning of the cruel/legendary.. Of course they're exceptions but you get the point.

The problem is, Blizzard has pretty much "checked out" on PvP until Mists. Nothing will change until the new expansion, so it's probably not worth the frustration of coming back until then.

Raiding is meh also.,. Dragon Soul has been nerfed to 20%, as I"m sure you remember ICC 25 was. You can pretty much pug most of the hardmodes in DS with a good group.

I'm not trying to sound discouraging, if you have the urge to play, then play. Just for me I see no reason to play right now.

This, also warlocks are top tier atm.
I would suggest waiting till Mists is closer to play if anything.
Overall it'd be a little while before you get geared as well and by the time you got almost fully geared you'd be looking at mists release.

Hold off, play D3 or another game till then.
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arena, WoW, warlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<