Help

Best way to Climb the arena ladder?

Improving rating rating arena 3s

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SteadSt8

SteadSt8

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hello, I want to ask a pretty general question. And that is, what is the best way to climb in arena rating? I guess this could go for all the arenas, but mainly 3s for me. I feel there's another aspect to 3s other than just good play, especially since I'm running not the best comp in arena atm (KFC).

The problem I see now is that once we start getting up to the 2k mmr range, that we queue into fucking 1800 mmr triple dps team that could literally farm us. Is it best to not queue and pick it up again another day? Because if we keep queuing we'll just lose and face them 4-5 times before we've traded mmrs.

Same thing goes when we've been playing for a while 2 hr+ and we've had a pretty good record, doing well, do we still keep queueing and try to continue the streak or stop while we are ahead and go fresh later on or the next day?

I want to learn some tips and tricks for keeping my team fresh and increases our chances of increasing rating the best way possible. Trying not to get cleaved down when unnecessary, because sometimes it is just tempting to queue when you are losing. The upcoming 200 rating push to 2.2k seems like a pretty big hump and maybe I'm missing something.  

Thanks
Posted Image

#2 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2620
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

Get pve gear
Posted Image

#3 SteadSt8

SteadSt8

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2182
  • 3v3: 2803
  • 5v5: 2403
  • RBG: 2499

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Best way to Climb the arena ladder?

WIN

#5 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

Become dirty wintrading scum
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#6 Dulkmeister

Dulkmeister
  • Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Best way to climb the ladder would be.... buying boost? since the game is shit and ur shit and everything is shit that's the easiest way
Click here to to set a dog note

#7 SteadSt8

SteadSt8

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

Forget I asked
Posted Image

#8 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Best way to stay fresh is to have fun while you are playing.  If you or your team is looking at the rating or the win/loss of your team after every game you're going to get stressed out soon.  Take some breaks during your playtime, find something non-WoW related to talk about with your partners and then queue back up.

Keep things fun and you'll stay fresh.  When you're not having fun anymore, take a break!

Edited by Synkz, 31 May 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#9 Gastlyvision

Gastlyvision
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2438

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

If anyone wants to know the real way to climb the ladders after this horrible mmr fix nerf w.e you call it, is to simply win and not lose. You cannot get high rated anymore unless you have a good win ratio. Catching higher mmr teams doesn't hurt either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<