Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 11 June 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm gonna go ahead and try this one more time.

He saw the admittance letters, you didn't.
He knows more about his own friend's personal, unique stories.  You don't.

You're wrong, he isn't.

Wrong. That's the schools admission page showing what the program is. I've seen those admittance letters, I have friends in those programs. It says "Congratulations on your acceptance to Northeastern, we're offering for you to go abroad for a semester before you start in January." They don't make exceptions for the program. It's on their own website, multiple times.
Posted Image

#122 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Got an acceptance letter for Jan-Start but didn`t get in for fall start.
Tells friend that he/she would have to study abroad for a semester.
I don't see the giant mystery here.

Pretty sure Kelustu is right about the program. That doesn't mean matisse friend was lying, just probably didn't know exactly how the process works or didn't feel it was necessary to mention sub par marks being an issue.

I'm sure that the school could/would use housing availability as an excuse for late acceptance offers.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#123 Shipupi

Shipupi
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

I googled weird pictures and found these ones, who can top them?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#124 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Still waiting for somebody to explain to me why any of this matters
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#125 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostKelustu, on 11 June 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Wrong. That's the schools admission page showing what the program is. I've seen those admittance letters, I have friends in those programs. It says "Congratulations on your acceptance to Northeastern, we're offering for you to go abroad for a semester before you start in January." They don't make exceptions for the program. It's on their own website, multiple times.

Nah.  Completely irrelevant and wrong.  It's cool that you keep saying your point though lol

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#126 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Nah.  Completely irrelevant and wrong.  It's cool that you keep saying your point though lol

You're right. The official school website's explanation of the program is less reliable than Matisse's friends who somehow placed into a study abroad program, but not into the honors program (eliminating the possibility that it was because of excellence) without being able to opt out of it.
Posted Image

#127 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

OT: I'm in Barcelona right now and if I could go back in time and had unlimited money I would study abroad here. Best. city. ever.

Chicks

Beach

Night life

Everything.

The moment I arrived I witness asses that clapped while walking that would have Hunduras jizzing his pants in 2.3secs.

I'm always right.
Posted Image

#128 Matisse

Matisse
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Khaz Modan
  • Vengeance

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

OT: I'm in Barcelona right now and if I could go back in time and had unlimited money I would study abroad here. Best. city. ever.

Chicks

Beach

Night life

Everything.

The moment I arrived I witness asses that clapped while walking that would have Hunduras jizzing his pants in 2.3secs.

First, I'd like to say that this thread has been an excellent read. Thank you everyone for contributing.

@Emmune, is this your big Europe trip that you've been planning? (I remember your thread from a few months ago.) Is Barcelona your first stop? How's the trip so far? My friend is trying to convince me to go to Europe next summer, but I'm not sure I can manage it (work, finances, etc.).

Posted Image

View PostBreadstick, on 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

some pickles are really good

#129 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostKelustu, on 11 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

You're right. The official school website's explanation of the program is less reliable than Matisse's friends who somehow placed into a study abroad program, but not into the honors program (eliminating the possibility that it was because of excellence) without being able to opt out of it.

You keep speaking as though this is an actual argument that matters to anyone
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#130 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostKelustu, on 11 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Dude I know I'm right, no need to tack on the rest :P

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#131 Kawklee

Kawklee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

Chicks

Beach

Night life

Everything.

I haven't had the pleasure of going to Barca yet but idk, from what I hear, its just Miami with more people that speak English

#132 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostMatisse, on 11 June 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

First, I'd like to say that this thread has been an excellent read. Thank you everyone for contributing.

@Emmune, is this your big Europe trip that you've been planning? (I remember your thread from a few months ago.) Is Barcelona your first stop? How's the trip so far? My friend is trying to convince me to go to Europe next summer, but I'm not sure I can manage it (work, finances, etc.).
Yessir it is, but Spain was actually my second last stop :( . I'm in Portugal now for the next 4 days then its back to Canada. The trip has been amazing.
I'll make a thread about the details/pics when I get back home.

IMO, take your friend up on his offer. It's worth it to travel when you're young, even if it means more loans.

View PostKawklee, on 12 June 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

I haven't had the pleasure of going to Barca yet but idk, from what I hear, its just Miami with more people that speak English
Perhaps, but I definitely would've had a blast going to school there. There's still quite a bit of history and the whole city seems very arts/music oriented. I don't know if you have ever heard of this dude named Gaudi but he had a pretty big influence on the some of the more modern architecture (which is like nothing I've seen before).
I'm always right.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<