• Curse Sites
Help

So after tripple DPS being populair this expansion ppl go DBL healer now...

double healer tripple dps

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lyeed

Lyeed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1500

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

First there was tripple DPS and now double healer is getting populair (again)....

I feel sorry for those who are (trying to) get gladiator with a comp like tripple DPS or double healer because I think it's a sort of way of 'cheating'. By that I mean that everyone knows that both tripple DPS and double healer 'shouldn't ' work, but unfortunately it does. By taking 'advantage' of that I find it a sort of way of cheating. I think you cannot compare this to any other comp compositions that works really well like RLS or LSD2 (or all the other hundreds of comps that worked very well in the past), tripple DPS and DBL healer is just different, right?

Beforehand I admit I play double healer sometimes, but that's only when I know the opponent is playing stupid tripple dps, fight fire with fire.

You might ask yourself, why is this guy making this post and with what purpose? Well I would like to hear how people think about comps like these.

I also would like to say that I'm very happy that tournaments like NAO dont allow tripple dps (and if I'm correct also DBL healer), I think blizzard should do the same in arena... Yes there will be a little bit less 'freedom' but I think it would help the overall quality (yes I think arena has some quality indeed) in Arena PvP

I know it's really big thing to ask for some of you, but please try to keep this trolling-free, thx!

/discuss
twitch.tv/lyeedx
youtube.com/lyeedx

#2 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

careface

#3 Lyeed

Lyeed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1500

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostItsnel, on 28 May 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

careface

Well this is a forum... People talk and discuss here... It's like the purpose of a forum.... And by the looks of it you're quit active with your 201 posts so...
twitch.tv/lyeedx
youtube.com/lyeedx

#4 Niezeqt

Niezeqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2619

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Both combos are stupid as fuck and are suited for mongoloids you can overlap everything and still get away with it.
Posted Image

#5 hypermode_4274975

hypermode_4274975
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

I notice this trend aswell, this might be purely coincidental but in the last 5 games I met 3 different double healers.
one with a warrior, one with a deathknight & one with a mage.
Also I know about a team (I played against 2 days ago) which is atm 2400 with a sick (32-2) W-L ratio running a double healer warlock setup.
Admittedly, that team actually consists of good players, but I have no idea how they can possibly stomach playing long & boring games all the time.
I guess this was initiated in part by starcookie running double healer-fire mage (they are 2400 aswell I believe)

This is even more disturbing then trip deeps, simply because these guys can easily ruin 45 minutes of playtime in an attempt to bore you to death.
Also their shaman is streaming, and I constantly hear their priest complaining about other classes/setups, best time I ever had watching a stream :)
But seriously, this should get fixed very quickly.

Anyone got any decent ideas to counter these kind of setups?
My best bet would be any form of melee cleave just training the fuck out of the one dps class.

#6 frankiieboyy

frankiieboyy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/2

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

I play double healer fire mage with starcookie + shear and we lost to dk, rogue and healer, bis geared RLS and shadowplay just stopping all burns.

Not really playing the line up coz we cant reach gladiator though, mainly playing it because our rogue haven't been around for 5 days, leading to us having nothing to do.

http://eu.battle.net...trouble%20mage/ Haters gna hate.

Edited by frankiieboyy, 28 May 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#7 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Prior to myself streaming double healer Mage over the weekend, we had never met a single double healer comp this season. I can only assume most that had previously played it thought it was not possible because of insane RLS/RMP pressure.

Whilst you may think that the comp is faceroll (and it is), any decent team (Gladiator+) will make short work of us. Train the paladin forces the priest defensive results in no burns/offensive priest pressure = eventually winning. However, if you fall into the age old "train the priest", then unless you're playing a shock-spec shadowplay, you're going to lose. With a paladin behind the priest and the priest having dispel glyph, said priest will never have to cast a heal in the entire game leaving him to go permanently offensive (effectively becoming 2 DPS with extremely strong defensive capabilities).

Double healer is nothing more than an inconvinence. We played it to counter triple DPS, and counter them we did. It was more than annoying to face that sort of comp when you played a comp that didn't stand a chance - We felt it was time they tasted their own medicine.

The problem with double healer is that if you allow 3 people to play together that know what they're doing, add in some PvE gear and co-ordination, then the damage (and control) output can be too much for teams to handle. On an up side, give double healer to those without team co-ordination and/or no PvE gear and it will just become a long match for you to eventually win.

We've only ever had 1 game last longer than 10 minutes. This was a mirror. This ended in a draw.

My serious 3v3 team is RMP (on this char) where we're top 25 in the world and still actively queue - We play this double healer team for fun. We had no expectations to hold an impressive win ratio upto almost 2.4k team rating.

The information in this post should hopefully help you counter the double-healer teams that you meet, as playing it myself allows us to see where the weak points are. I understand that it can be seen as no fun to meet such teams, but it's also no fun for resto druids to meet DK's. It's just something you have to deal with, work out how to beat and then move on.

#8 ñåéé

ñåéé
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/2/0/2

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hell's to the yaaaaa

#9 Jontex

Jontex
  • Junkies