Lack of chill, down to earth arena players.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postss2b24, on 27 May 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

this is a really stupid thread.. if you can't handle dicks and assholes than play skyrim or any other non online based game.  complaining about an issue like this doesn't help your case either.

I can't tell if this post is a brilliant satire backing up the OP's point, or if you're exactly what he is talking about  :huh:

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#22 Vnasty

Vnasty
  • Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Honestly, when trying to find people to play with if you just make sure they are 19 years old+ you have a way smaller chance of getting the arrogant assholes you are talking about.

Edited by Vnasty, 27 May 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#23 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postmrgizmo3, on 27 May 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Does having a big over inflated ego come with the title of gladiator?
no.

I mean is all the shit talking, name calling neccessary?
no. pretty sure ppl in this game shit talk 99% of the time to entertain an audience, dont read too much into it. it becomes pointless and worth ignoring if someone tries to pm shit talk, because theres no audience there, and that is actually pathetic.

After all its a GAME. So what if someones bad, not as good as you. Does it make people feel that much Bigger that they may not dedicate their entire life the way they do.
it is a game, so why is someone talking about someone's 'skill' in a game a big deal? it doesnt matter if theyre good or bad. take it for what it is, either funny, joking trash talk about a video game, or its worth ignoring because theyre actually trying to attack someone (over pixels). youre at a computer, you have the power to hit the ignore button or just walk away from the screen if it bothers you.

I've always enjoyed playing with IRL friends and guildies even if it meant lower ratings cuz we had FUN. E-peen seeking arenatards just kind of deter me from wanting to be apart of the PVP community. Seems the fun has been lost to people expecting Perfect game play, obnoxious personalities and SERIOUS BZNZ.
personality should be a deal breaker for everyone. i sure as hell have some ppl that i wont play with because they annoy me. yeah, nothing wrong with playing with ppl that you like and avoiding personalities that you dont.

Posted Image

#24 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostMstrkrftz, on 27 May 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

wait, who are you?

I can ask you the same question. Does being relatively unknown makes my point invalid?

View PostCtuhlu, on 27 May 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

I can't tell if this post is a brilliant satire backing up the OP's point, or if you're exactly what he is talking about  :huh:

Case in point. I dont recall whining in my post. If it was read that way it was completely out of context. I assumed that not everyone would agree (or assumed that most people wouldn't) but its some what nice to know that not EVERYONE is disagreeing. Of course its a forum and every thread is bound to have some "My opinion=fact duh" person.

View PostVnasty, on 27 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Honestly, when trying to find people to play with if you just make sure they are 19 years old+ you have a way smaller chance of getting the arrogant assholes you are talking about.

Meh im 24, 19 year olds still rub me the wrong way often. Being that old of course I live in my moms basement and have no education or job because I play wow. right?

Edited by mrgizmo3, 27 May 2012 - 09:39 PM.

src=http://www.urbanartcore.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/AYKOVSKIY-graffiti-art.jpg

#25 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

In my experience, player age is in no way related to level of maturity.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#26 Shaggyx

Shaggyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

If I lose to someone who plays well I say, "Damn they played really well" then I proceed to talk about what we need to do differently. If I lose to a team that is awful i say "Wow they are really bad we need to pick up our game". And tbh, sometimes getting trash talked is the most amazing thing, and trash talking too. The moment when you go up against the guy who has spewed mad shit about you for the past week, then you retaliate as well saying something like "You'd never beat me if I q'd into you noobface!" and they say "Oh yea you poopface idiot wait until we see each other in the arenas of azeroth xDD!"... That moment when you see him on your gladius... Oh it's on. You're in skype saying "OMFG WE CANT LOSE ITS NINJAROUGEX".This is your moment, you can't lose...

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.

There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

Then that moment you beat him you message him "GGroflstomped noob, just clearing out the trash np." and he tries to reply but you have him on ignore LOL. Then you have him added and see him go offline tryna get on an alt, so you put a /dnd LOL NOT READING YOUR WHISPERS GET OWNED. Ah... what would this game be without trash talk... I wouldn't have any of that..
=)

Edited by Shaggyx, 28 May 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#27 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

High level arena play usually takes a certain kind of personality.  There are a lot of dudes up there who just relax and lulz around and that can work depending on how broken your comp is and how bad the other team was, but in a real arena game between 2 good teams despite how bad this game is you do still need to focus and do things precisely (including communication) and talk about improvements after the game.  Ofc there's a big difference between that and all the douchebags who think they're amazing, never make a mistake, blame their teammates for everything, rage after losses, etc.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#28 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1503
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

im sorry nomanz.. but you quoting 8 mile was just really unnecessary and i am disappointed in that

#29 Tease_

Tease_
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

Does having a big over inflated ego come with the title of gladiator? I mean all the shit talking, name calling neccessary? After all its a GAME. So what if someones bad, not as good as you. Does it make people feel that much Bigger that they may not dedicate their entire life the way they do.

I've always enjoyed playing with IRL friends and guildies even if it meant lower ratings cuz we had FUN. E-peen seeking arenatards just kind of deter me from wanting to be apart of the PVP community. Seems the fun has been lost to people expecting Perfect game play, obnoxious personalities and SERIOUS BZNZ.

Anyway thats my /rant.
Discuss?

A lot of times when people feel entitled to something they treat those they view below them very poorly. A lot of times people are just envious and don't realize it so they say rude things to help their low self esteem. A lot of times people feel that just because they have done well in some part of their life they know more about the subject than anyone else and simply can't be wrong. A lot of times people just think every piece of criticism is a personal attack. A lot of times people will look at the end result, in this case losing/winning an arena, ignore the process of achieving that result, in this case ignoring the way the person actually played, and make a misplaced judgement. Most of these people aren't bad people, they're just ignorant and immature. Everyone shit talks at some point but it's how you go about it. The ones who think they can do no wrong will cease to improve while you continue to. Let them halt their own progression, but don't let them halt yours.

Point is people really suck and there is no point sweating about it.

Edited by Tease_, 28 May 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#30 Haee

Haee
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

im sure a lot of it has to do with the majority of the player base that play wow solely for it's arena are around the age group of high 10s or low 20s. is this sorta behavior really far fetched considering that?

#31 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostKelarm, on 28 May 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

High level arena play usually takes a certain kind of personality.  There are a lot of dudes up there who just relax and lulz around and that can work depending on how broken your comp is and how bad the other team was, but in a real arena game between 2 good teams despite how bad this game is you do still need to focus and do things precisely (including communication) and talk about improvements after the game.  Ofc there's a big difference between that and all the douchebags who think they're amazing, never make a mistake, blame their teammates for everything, rage after losses, etc.

Definatly agree. However alot of people are like the latter. For example. Team RLS never breaks 2200 through out the game. Suddenly Ninjaroguex and flamingdotz get legendary pve gear and hit 2400. Suddenly they have the idea that they are r1 glad material and better than everyone. Not being able to hit 2200 in 5s they complain that everyone is bad thats on their team. Constantly blaming the other teamates, calling them garbage. "Worst players they've ever seen", needs to uninstall etc.

My question is have these people REALLY convinced themselves that? Now I can understand sarcasm and shit talking to an extent but some people really take it to the next level.

Alot of valid points are being made here. Big Egos over something as fake as a video game usually does go hand in hand with low self esteem IRL. Im actually quite satisfied from the open discussion received so far.
src=http://www.urbanartcore.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/AYKOVSKIY-graffiti-art.jpg

#32 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostShaggyx, on 28 May 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

If I lose to someone who plays well I say, "Damn they played really well" then I proceed to talk about what we need to do differently. If I lose to a team that is awful i say "Wow they are really bad we need to pick up our game". And tbh, sometimes getting trash talked is the most amazing thing, and trash talking too. The moment when you go up against the guy who has spewed mad shit about you for the past week, then you retaliate as well saying something like "You'd never beat me if I q'd into you noobface!" and they say "Oh yea you poopface idiot wait until we see each other in the arenas of azeroth xDD!"... That moment when you see him on your gladius... Oh it's on. You're in skype saying "OMFG WE CANT LOSE ITS NINJAROUGEX".This is your moment, you can't lose...

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.

There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti.

Then that moment you beat him you message him "GGroflstomped noob, just clearing out the trash np." and he tries to reply but you have him on ignore LOL. Then you have him added and see him go offline tryna get on an alt, so you put a /dnd LOL NOT READING YOUR WHISPERS GET OWNED. Ah... what would this game be without trash talk... I wouldn't have any of that..
=)
How old are you? 13?
Posted Image

#33 Sawj

Sawj
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

There appears to be vomit on his sweater, perhaps its mothers spaghetti
Hes nervous, but in the starting zone he looks calm and ready
to drop
smokebombs
-.-

#34 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Since MMR was introduced and you can no longer just fuck about for fun in teams without making it harder for yourself in the long run people have been cunts.

People weren't cunts all the time, as playing in general was more fun without the stress of 'dropping mmr so low it's going to take shitloads of games to get it back up'.

Edited by hertzuk, 28 May 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

#35 e130478

e130478
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 768

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

It's because this game attracts the worst kind of personality. And this personality becomes excruciatingly unbearable when placed in a position of competition (i.e. pvp).

To be honest, the lack of normal people is what made me quit playing this game. It got to the point that I shuddered at the thought of getting in skype/vent with a new group of people, knowing that I'd likely be completely put off by their attitude/behavior.

#36 neilsback

neilsback
  • Neilyoirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

dial 9 whine whine

#37 NickyEU

NickyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

I encounter more chill people then raging people. Infact I was almost starting to think the majority of gladiator people was pretty chill, calm and down to earth people.

I think this is all about who you decide to hang out with and where you look for people. Stop picking up people in trade chat, stop trying to hard. I play with my friends, everyone is chill and we are having fun. If I want to play with new people I do not go to trade chat, I do not just throw a post on a forum. Most often when looking for "glad material, aiming rank 1, must be pro elite skillz" you will find the teamless, angry player that is just sitting in trade chat telling people how great he is anyways.

Perhaps the problem is not finding calm players, but you approaching this incorrectly.
// Frozire // Nicky \\ Aphix \\

#38 samcope14

samcope14
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 1700

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Looks like you have a fatal case of the MCB.

Mad.
Cuz.
Bad.

#39 Stolsben

Stolsben
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Terenas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostCtuhlu, on 28 May 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

In my experience, player age is in no way related to level of maturity.

Clearly 12

#40 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2399
  • 3v3: 2829
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Trash talking naturally comes with online competition. Everyone has called someone bad or been called bad at least once before, be it casually or raged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<