• Curse Sites
Help

Lack of chill, down to earth arena players.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Does having a big over inflated ego come with the title of gladiator? I mean all the shit talking, name calling neccessary? After all its a GAME. So what if someones bad, not as good as you. Does it make people feel that much Bigger that they may not dedicate their entire life the way they do.

I've always enjoyed playing with IRL friends and guildies even if it meant lower ratings cuz we had FUN. E-peen seeking arenatards just kind of deter me from wanting to be apart of the PVP community. Seems the fun has been lost to people expecting Perfect game play, obnoxious personalities and SERIOUS BZNZ.

Anyway thats my /rant.
Discuss?

Edited by mrgizmo3, 27 May 2012 - 12:46 AM.

src=http://www.urbanartcore.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/AYKOVSKIY-graffiti-art.jpg

#2 LeonP

LeonP
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/0/2/.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

hey if ur looking for a cool dude 2 chill wit hit me up im mad chill 420 friendly and dtf :)

#3 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

dude you are about to get smoked

#4 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

I guess it's unfortunate Blizzard doesn't hand out 8th place ribbons like the one's I got in 1st grade field-day. How dare they create a competitive gaming environment where people can't pick flowers and grow vegetables together

#5 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostBloobungle, on 27 May 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

I guess it's unfortunate Blizzard doesn't hand out 8th place ribbons like the one's I got in 1st grade field-day. How dare they create a competitive gaming environment where people can't pick flowers and grow vegetables together

ROFL grow vegetables

#6 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostSaru93, on 27 May 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

dude you are about to get smoked

sounds hawt. Can I?
src=http://www.urbanartcore.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/AYKOVSKIY-graffiti-art.jpg

#7 shakeweightx

shakeweightx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 1/0/2/1/2/.
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Being an asshole and talking shit comes with the title of being a rogue...

good thing i dont see any in here
Posted Image

#8 abn1020

abn1020
  • Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

@op
you owe me 70

#9 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostBloobungle, on 27 May 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

8th place still gets you gladiator. Just sayin...

View Postshakeweightx, on 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

or with all the Sub 2200 RLS that only hit it after becoming OP.

@ABN what?

Edited by mrgizmo3, 27 May 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#10 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Not sure why people are dunking on the OP when we all know what he's talking about. I can count the number of chill top 0.05% players I've played with on one hand. Some exist, but the dumbfoundingly large egos that gladiators get combined with poor social skills due to the amount of time spent playing this game is just a recipe for disaster.

And I'm not even exempting myself from this. There are times when I was an absolute blowhard Dbag to people I barely knew. I might not have been nearly as confrontational/douchey as most (jahmilli, kaylorqt, fadez, etc) but looking back I can't help but feel disgusted/embarassing with the type of e-personality high end arena seems to turn you into.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#11 mrgizmo3

mrgizmo3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

Using a "competitive environment" as an excuse to act like a whiny 14 year old sport is not a good point. I Like competitive sports, games, events.

Went to regional nationals for basketball in highschool. Did I go around yelling at people calling them trash and garbage because they lost? No. If I did I'd be making a fool of my self for doing such. A large part of why people do it is because they can hide behind the comfort and safety of their computer screen. I mean why have dignity when you have full anonymity?

#12 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

View Postmrgizmo3, on 27 May 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Using a "competitive environment" as an excuse to act like a whiny 14 year old sport is not a good point. I Like competitive sports, games, events.

Went to regional nationals for basketball in highschool. Did I go around yelling at people calling them trash and garbage because they lost? No. If I did I'd be making a fool of my self for doing such. A large part of why people do it is because they can hide behind the comfort and safety of their computer screen. I mean why have dignity when you have full anonymity?

Pretty much. You never hear an arena player say "Damn, they really played that well" after losing a match. No, instead you get "god they are so BAD why the fuck did we just lose to BADS". Part of it is Blizzard's jokeworthy game balance but part of it is also inherent to the type of player that is drawn to the competitive aspect of a soul/social/life-destroying game like WoW.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#13 Mstrkrftz

Mstrkrftz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

wait, who are you?
http://soundcloud.co...-will-monde-and

NEW ELECTRO / PROG MIX!!

enjoy.

#14 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 27 May 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

Pretty much. You never hear an arena player say "Damn, they really played that well" after losing a match. No, instead you get "god they are so BAD why the fuck did we just lose to BADS". Part of it is Blizzard's jokeworthy game balance but part of it is also inherent to the type of player that is drawn to the competitive aspect of a soul/social/life-destroying game like WoW.

When we lose to someone playing really decent game and i say wow they destroyed us, well played from them.

our skype : WTF THEY ARE FUCKING HORRIBLE BADS I FARMED THE FUCK OUT OF THEM BACK IN DAYS HOW DID WE LOST TO SUCH SHITTERS

true story ;<
:rogue: kidz

#15 vollexpnad

vollexpnad
  • Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostLeonP, on 27 May 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

hey if ur looking for a cool dude 2 chill wit hit me up im mad chill 420 friendly and dtf :)
Hey buddy also 420 weed smoking monster here looking to play arena on the TR, must like dogs and be really chill 840 friendly pref thanks. DTF

#16 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postcubas, on 27 May 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

When we lose to someone playing really decent game and i say wow they destroyed us, well played from them.

our skype : WTF THEY ARE FUCKING HORRIBLE BADS I FARMED THE FUCK OUT OF THEM BACK IN DAYS HOW DID WE LOST TO SUCH SHITTERS

true story ;<

... you should've understood by now pretty much everyone who beats you in arena is "omfg bad i farmed him on alt".

But indeed, the competitive arena community in general seems to be infested with people who're underachieving irl and turn to games to serve them as some sort of validation.

Edited by Z4muZ, 27 May 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Posted Image

#17 rizzy

rizzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 2621
  • 3v3: 3084
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2564

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postshakeweightx, on 27 May 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

Hey, I'm nice; wanna hug?

#18 Nez

Nez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Sunstrider
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I found the best solution to that problem is to not playing WoW at all.

#19 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1885
  • 3v3: 2285
  • 5v5: 1842
  • RBG: 2112
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

this is a really stupid thread.. if you can't handle dicks and assholes than play skyrim or any other non online based game.  complaining about an issue like this doesn't help your case either.

#20 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Anyone who is higher than me is a no-lifer and everyone who is below me is just bad.
Old and overused quote but it sums up the situation pretty well. :)
Oh sometimes everyone above you is shit aswell xD
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<