Is this game good?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ethugandharmony

ethugandharmony
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Should I buy it?

Doesn't seem too popular here in AJOT considering game came out some days ago and hardly anyone is talking about it.

Also metacritic user reviews aren't helping the decision.

#2 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

I never played any of the previous Diablo games, and I'm enjoying it. I understand it may not be for everyone considering it's lasting power is basically just redoing the same story multiple times on harder difficulties to get better gear (but afaik PvP is being implemented later? idk.)

As for people not talking about it, the thread in Rant Room is like 20 pages long. Might not be enough to talk about to warrant an entire sub-forum honestly but shrug.

Posted Image

I imagine the metacritic score is probably pretty skewed by retards crying about having to be connected to the net to play, and that it had big server problems on release. Then people who massively overhyped the game x1000 only to be disappointed when it wasn't as good as they wanted it to be - judging by the critic reviews there, it rated well.

It only takes 5 minutes of reading the user reviews to tell that a lot of it looks to be written by people with downs.

#3 Lvb

Lvb
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

I would buy it personally, all of the classes are enjoyable and it has alot of playable and enjoyable content.

#4 Eproxx

Eproxx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/2/0/0/1

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:39 AM

I am personally enjoying the game, mechanics etc. But if I were you I would wait until the major bugs are fixed, before buying it. Right now, me and many others are getting dcd randomly amongst many other bugs.
Spoiler

#5 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

It should have been released later

#6 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

It's good fun with a buddy I'd say.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#7 Flexes92

Flexes92
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1726

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 21 May 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

It should have been released later
y srsly the elite packs on inferno can be so rediciolus when they have a sick combo of buffs, like vortex and fire chains or something.elitepacks are not fun at all, its basicly just dieing over and over againe to eventually kill them after 10 trys because they dont regenerate hp when they reset. but the boss encounters make up for it. they are so good on inferno. challenging but possible, unlike some elite packs.

lunor said:

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

View Postlucyk, on 28 March 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#8 xKodizzlex

xKodizzlex
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

arcane waller shielder molten frozen

#9 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostFlexes92, on 21 May 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

y srsly the elite packs on inferno can be so rediciolus when they have a sick combo of buffs, like vortex and fire chains or something.elitepacks are not fun at all, its basicly just dieing over and over againe to eventually kill them after 10 trys because they dont regenerate hp when they reset. but the boss encounters make up for it. they are so good on inferno. challenging but possible, unlike some elite packs.
if you watched the video it's more about lag warping back into fire

#10 Mackabre

Mackabre
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Icecrown
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Frozen, Fast, Arcane, Mortar, Horde. LOL

Eraseasaurus said:

You will not get Gladiator, if you do I promise to never post on any WoW related forums ever again.

Posted Image

#11 Canas!

Canas!
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostMackabre, on 21 May 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

Frozen, Fast, Arcane, Mortar, Horde. LOL

Invulnerable, horde, jailer, mortar

cy@

kenny said:

3.2 Warriors are worst class in the game for 3v3.

#12 Naatzors

Naatzors
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostDuckers, on 21 May 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

I never played any of the previous Diablo games, and I'm enjoying it. I understand it may not be for everyone considering it's lasting power is basically just redoing the same story multiple times on harder difficulties to get better gear (but afaik PvP is being implemented later? idk.)

As for people not talking about it, the thread in Rant Room is like 20 pages long. Might not be enough to talk about to warrant an entire sub-forum honestly but shrug.

Posted Image

I imagine the metacritic score is probably pretty skewed by retards crying about having to be connected to the net to play, and that it had big server problems on release. Then people who massively overhyped the game x1000 only to be disappointed when it wasn't as good as they wanted it to be - judging by the critic reviews there, it rated well.

It only takes 5 minutes of reading the user reviews to tell that a lot of it looks to be written by people with downs.

Off topic: Why did you stop giving people acces to RR, i want to read it! :(

On topic:

I wasn't waiting for D3 at all, was planning to not buy it (not played D2) but i saw an offer in a game magezine i read and decided to buy it (Used to buy the magazine at the train station giving me something to do in the train, loose copies more expensive then a sub ofcourse, so i basicly saved 8euro and got D3 for free).

Got send to my parents home, wich is where my gaming pc is as well. Got back home on tueseday and didnt bother with it again till friday night, when i decided to go ahead and istall it. I spent the rest of my weekend + my free monday purely playing diablo (with the exception of a field hockey match i had to play). I called replaying the same content terrible before i started playing it, wich was one of the reasons i didn't want to buy it. Somehow it's really good fun and you can't wait to start over :)

I think it's a great game and you should try it out (get a guest key somewhere?) then decide wether you want to buy it or not. It can be really frustrating at times, but it's defo worth it.
Posted Image

#13 Verk6

Verk6
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

The game has a ton of problems, but I'm still having fun.

#14 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

time to go back to dota, was an ok 4 days, I'm sure the people waiting for years are overjoyed

#15 Buddha

Buddha
  • Junkies

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

game is meh... wouldnt suggest buying it...

rather just play dota 2 for all eternity, its funnier

#16 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yes dota2 is idd a pretty good game but it's still in beta and the people who have a beta key are sort of rare.
I believe i am the only one who got a dota2 key from my whole skype and irl friends :P

Edited by infectionx, 24 May 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#17 crs

crs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

If you have some friends to play with you should buy it. Then it's good fun for a month or so. Playing solo is terribly boring. My personal opinion obviously.

#18 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

frozen arcane jailer shielding

#19 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

You should totally buy it, it's great, and soon they'll implement PvP. Good way to kill time till MoP and probably even after.

#20 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 28 May 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Good way to kill time till MoP.
And what then? Play MoP?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<