• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

http://eu.battle.net...xandyn/advanced

Is this for real? 2990 resil only? Is rmp that good you don't need resil? haha

Is this the way I'm supposed to gear my frost mage?

#2 gorz

gorz
  • Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

niceeeeee

#3 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

he is doing this

cuz he can

#4 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

But against hunter teams he simply dies with that kind of gear. You could see it during the tournament. Against Warrior/Hunter he switched to Gnome with full PVP gear.

#5 etilia

etilia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 May 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

But against hunter teams he simply dies with that kind of gear. You could see it during the tournament. Against Warrior/Hunter he switched to Gnome with full PVP gear.

Hm.. cause of racial right?

#6 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 May 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Well no, you couldn't see it in the tournament, because I haven't tried running low resilience in the tournament, I'm sure I would have been fine, at no times I was even close to dying and the games dragged too long because of my gear, not sure it was the correct choice to even run that defensive gear.

I do run 2900 resilience vs Hunter teams. However, in a tournament we wanted to play 100% safe and we knew we won't lose to KFC, a second-tier comp if we just play it safe. KFC highly relies on dragging the game out and instagibbin something randomly with CD's, so we didn't wanna risk it, because KFC is a comp built on RNG, and to counter RNG you play defensively, and it's an RNG comp not because of the Hunter, but because of the Warrior, sometimes they can connect in a CC chain and do a lot of damage, sometimes nothing.

However, vs comps like Feral/Hunter, etc, I would run 2900 resilience over whatever anyday.

The reason I like low resil is because I don't believe resil for mage is good if you have no trouble surviving until second Ice Block, and I usually have no trouble for this.
However to wear such low resilience you need:
1. Great healer
2. Great mage skills

Edited by Xandyn, 19 May 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#7 neilsback

neilsback
  • Neilyoirl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattrath
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostXandyn, on 19 May 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Well no, you couldn't see it in the tournament, because I haven't tried running low resilience in the tournament, I'm sure I would have been fine, at no times I was even close to dying and the games dragged too long because of my gear, not sure it was the correct choice to even run that defensive gear.

I do run 2900 resilience vs Hunter teams. However, in a tournament we wanted to play 100% safe and we knew we won't lose to KFC, a second-tier comp if we just play it safe. KFC highly relies on dragging the game out and instagibbin something randomly with CD's, so we didn't wanna risk it, because KFC is a comp built on RNG, and to counter RNG you play defensively, and it's an RNG comp not because of the Hunter, but because of the Warrior, sometimes they can connect in a CC chain and do a lot of damage, sometimes nothing.

However, vs comps like Feral/Hunter, etc, I would run 2900 resilience over whatever anyday.

The reason I like low resil is because I don't believe resil for mage is good if you have no trouble surviving until second Ice Block, and I usually have no trouble for this.
1. Great healer
2. Great mage skills

thank you for the wise words m8

#8 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Ok, did not expect that. So you switched to Gnome only for the racial, not for increased resilience?

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Makes me kinda sad that I as a DK have to run 5k+ resilience to stay alive against most teams.
Posted Image

#10 Justwoo

Justwoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I run like 3300 resil on my mage on live,

xandyn's nuts
Posted Image

#11 etilia

etilia
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

1. Great healer
2. Great mage skills

Thanks for answering :)

#12 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 19 May 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ok, did not expect that. So you switched to Gnome only for the racial, not for increased resilience?

He switched to gnome because he is noobie number 1

#13 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

View Postmukuld50, on 19 May 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

He switched to gnome because he is noobie number 1

Never! Gnomes are number 1!

#14 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

If I was Alliance I'd be Gnome, they because they're so cute!

#15 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

1. Great healer
2. Great mage skills

How hard do you crit on live against decent, geared teams? And on the TR?

The thing I like is that you're able to deal so much damage without being human. And that you can actually play low resil. That's something to admire. You don't even PvE. Imagine the improvement with your pve gear upgraded to heroic.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#16 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 20 May 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

How hard do you crit on live against decent, geared teams? And on the TR?

The thing I like is that you're able to deal so much damage without being human. And that you can actually play low resil. That's something to admire. You don't even PvE. Imagine the improvement with your pve gear upgraded to heroic.
30k icelance vs a 31k icelance, wont be that much of a difference.

I think the reason why xandyn can run this low resil is because he got amazing synergy with Zunniyaki :3

#17 Ixirar

Ixirar
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1574
  • 3v3: 2216
  • RBG: 1917

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Xandyn #1 yo

#18 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

1. Great healer
2. Great mage skills

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a prick nor troll when i say this, but this just came off really pretentious.

I'm not bashing or anything; you're far superior than nearly every mage i've seen, I just chuckled when i read this.

#19 Zaxan

Zaxan
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 21 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a prick nor troll when i say this, but this just came off really pretentious.

I'm not bashing or anything; you're far superior than nearly every mage i've seen, I just chuckled when i read this.

Nothing pretentious about it. You honestly NEED to be a great mage if you wanna wear a substantial amount of resilience less. I use to do this in wrath on my mage purely because Frost Mages then (and now) have great survival, and even more with a great healer.
Posted Image

#20 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 21 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

A single mistake from the mage or healer can kill you if you're wearing that kind of resil. I think he's doing his best to avoid sounding pretentious when stating this.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostNameswapro, on 18 November 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<