Tomlordmuscle
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 2071

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Nerds arguing like they are all Greek philosophers, that's all I see.
Posted Image

#63 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostDonald, on 09 May 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

6/8 of the teams curse invited are great, should have just had those 6. kpuls team and selkeths team are not on the level of the other 6, and they are both resto sham comps, which is not what they wanted for 'diversity' (kpuls is even a lock sham comp, meaning half of the competition is lock sham), so leaving them out would have been better. having them in annoys me, because other teams would have liked the chance to replace them.

Who are you to decide which teams deserve to play and which don't? This part honestly just makes you seem butthurt.
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#64 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

The thing that bothered me initially, was NOT the fact that they pre-picked teams, but more the fact that Vanguards (who is playing in the tournament with his cleave that has been doing extremely well on TR) approached and picked all of the teams on the roster, while being in it himself. Pair that up with the fact that there are 6 Shaman healers and 0 Paladin healers, I was not too amused. Seems like a very huge conflict of interest to me. While many people on the NAO staff desperately want to participate in NAO, we have strict rules of not allowing that, for obvious reasons.

Lol, wtf.

This whole discussion is kind of silly.  This is how stuff works in the real world.  Whether it's right or wrong is a matter of personal moral code.  Sometimes when people do something good, a larger and more capable entity takes notice of it and imitates it, usually with the intention of using their resources to make it even better.  There definitely seems to be some issues with this tournament (like mugemz pointed out above, or like hexpert and selketh's teams somehow being invited when there are probably hundreds of teams more qualified) but tbh you kind of give off the impression that your whole attitude is based on the fact that you didn't get a chance to go to this tournament.
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#65 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Meaningless topic, also posting a private chat is the new low.
:rogue: kidz

#66 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

Winner of this thread: Tosan
Loser of this thread and many others: Don

#67 Rod

Rod
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightbringer
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

makaveli rip

#68 Shaggyx

Shaggyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

www.Dramajunkies.com

#69 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

It's amateur hour at the thinking club.
Vadren#1175

#70 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

I disagree with Don on pretty much everything, but I have to admit the "comp variety" of the AJ tournament is a joke.

:shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman:
:warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock:
$$$$$$$$$$$

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#71 Taunkaztorm

Taunkaztorm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

I haven't checked who's invited to the tournament yet etc, but, isn't it kinda pointless to invite a team/comp which wont stand any chance at all?

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

"NIckelback is good u know.."

#72 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

Many many many lock shaman teams
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#73 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 10 May 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

I disagree with Don on pretty much everything, but I have to admit the "comp variety" of the AJ tournament is a joke.

:shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman: :shaman:
:warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock: :warlock:
$$$$$$$$$$$
Wouldn't that be class variety? Comps are still all different, shrug.

#74 Taunkaztorm

Taunkaztorm
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostDuckers, on 10 May 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Wouldn't that be class variety? Comps are still all different, shrug.
No he wants you to invite comps which won't stand any chance at all just for the sake of it, for instance, Resto Druid enhancement boomkin?

Edited by Taunkaztorm, 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM.

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

"NIckelback is good u know.."

#75 Neeeks

Neeeks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1042
  • 3v3: 1958
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Well i for one do not really care which comps are playing in the tournaments etc, i am just happy there is more tournaments coming up as they do seem to try make the pvp community better for wow.

But then there is the people who just want to bash every single tournament for whatever reason. Even though their player run tournaments so there is people willing to spend their own free time and maybe even money to get these tournaments up and running, for us the pvp community which i am really happy to see.

I do not care if theres some shady business going on in the background of these tournaments aslong as i enjoy watching the stream and see wow pvp still up and running.

I would like to say.
Big thanks to Prestige gaming, NAO, Curse and YƤspresents for making these tournaments happen. Looking forward to seeing more Tournies up in the future.

#76 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Basically this don guy is a retard?

#77 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1885
  • 3v3: 2251
  • 5v5: 1842
  • RBG: 2112
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostTaunkaztorm, on 10 May 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

No he wants you to invite comps which won't stand any chance at all just for the sake of it, for instance, Resto Druid enhancement boomkin?

psure he doesn't want to see the same comps w/diff players every round.. kinda gets boring watching Lock/Sham/X vs Lock/Sham/X every round.. just because a team shouldn't be able to win vs a comp doesn't mean they shouldn't be there if they are good enough.  if you don't remember from last NAO 1 RLS was able to manhandle everyone while the other RLS got outplayed to comps they should never of lost to, which helps proves the point.  People like variety not the same old shit every time. Because the tournament is played on the ATR, there are nonshaman comps that can go very far in that tournament just like in this NAO

#78 Navoz

Navoz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostTosan, on 09 May 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Honestly you're just splitting hairs at this point.  This type of argument reminds me of when people are like "Im the HIGHEST RATED dwarf male arcane mage that plays with a night elf male warrior in the US!"

If you change the criteria enough, you can make anything sound more significant. First is first,  Russia?  US?  I don't see how the distinction matters when it comes to online video game tournaments.
Dont bash on me, i AM the HIGHEST RATED dwarf male arcane mage that plays with a night elf male warrior in the EU, and im proud of it!

#79 Navoz

Navoz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/1/1/2/.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostNycto, on 10 May 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Basically this don guy is a retard?
you got it!

#80 Tease_

Tease_
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2000

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostBaulterexlol, on 09 May 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

clever

The "cards" = how the tournament works, the 'behind the scenes,' the communication, the format, the business dealings, etc.

I mean let's get real here, would you want a million dollar company that once supported you, that has access to infinitely more money than you, that has more workers than you, etc leaving you and starting their own same thing? Maybe you like getting royally screwed over, dunno. Not saying that a successful company shouldn't move into a market - congrats on your success Curse. However, I am saying that you should give credit where credit is due; not just buy out the whole thing.

Oh, and you guys talking about how the world works - you're right. This world is very screwed up. All this is is another case of the big bully beating up on the little guy.

That is why contracts exist, friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<