Photo

commentators please.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Espenene

Espenene
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Would be very grateful if you could talk more about the match-ups. What counters what. Who should come out as the winner considering comp.

Don't like the ignorance going on in chat

"SO BAD EU ROFL GET SHIT ON BY AMERICA YEAH YEAH"
~

#2 Epzyxo

Epzyxo
  • Epzý
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

Comparing EU to US is getting boring. So what Khuna's RMP lost? Bragging about others accomplishments.

Posted Image

#3 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

the people in twitch chat are just annoying in general, not sure what the best way to fix that would be.

#4 Espenene

Espenene
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Comparing EU to US is getting boring. So what Khuna's RMP lost? Bragging about others accomplishments.

this. but still would be good if commentators let people know what counters what and just not say "I THINK THEY CAN PULL THRU"
~

#5 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

I definitely know where you're coming from, but declaring counters would be really bad for a game that's trying to revive life into it as an e-sport.

Anyone saying "EU SUCKS US PWNS" or "EU ROX US BLOWS" is either trolling or uninformed.

#6 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

I definitely know where you're coming from, but declaring counters would be really bad for a game that's trying to revive life into it as an e-sport.

Anyone saying "EU SUCKS US PWNS" or "EU ROX US BLOWS" is either trolling or uninformed.

I think you need to work on your commentating skills a bit.. too many times have you been rambling on about stuff that hasn't happened in the match and have been making yourself look like an idiot. If you don't know whats going on in the match, don't say anything otherwise more people are going to continue to fuck with you because you are obviously the weak link in the commentating staff.

#7 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

I think you need to work on your commentating skills a bit.. too many times have you been rambling on about stuff that hasn't happened in the match and have been making yourself look like an idiot. If you don't know whats going on in the match, don't say anything otherwise more people are going to continue to fuck with you because you are obviously the weak link in the commentating staff.

Could you provide a specific example? I say what I see, I don't think I've said anything that hasn't happened at all this tournament.

#8 Espenene

Espenene
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

Could you provide a specific example? I say what I see, I don't think I've said anything that hasn't happened at all this tournament.

I think conrad does a good job, and this was not me trying to say the commentators are bad. Just trying to suggest something that could be important to talk about.
~

#9 Epzyxo

Epzyxo
  • Epzý
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/1/.
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

I was pleased with the commentating, thumbs up Conradicalzzzz. :)

Posted Image

#10 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

I've enjoyed the commentating. Akin to day9 and sc2, I think a lighthearted and relaxed atmosphere with the commentators is the way to go.

Thumbs up to all the commentators that have been on NAO. Love the tournaments, it's all good. Keep it up!

#11 Poseyx

Poseyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • LocationNY

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Maybe disable chat if it's possible and take some questions from viewrs to a specific email and you could answer them in between matches like older tourneys
www.Twitch.tv/wushington - Multi Gladiator feral stream

Mrlindv - Youtube channel

#12 Champ

Champ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Who gives a fuck what people are saying in twitch chat, you should know that 90% of people are retard trolls

And commentators are fine, you can't please everyone. No matter what a commentator does, someone will complain about it

Edited by Champ, 06 May 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#13 Lshrsh

Lshrsh
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 384

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

As silly as it sounds, go watch a stream and try to call out play-by-play actions about everything going on in the game. Azael does a fantastic job of this, but not everyone is Azael. Cut them some slack!

#14 Lushy

Lushy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • LocationUS #1 NY

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE PERFECT CONRAD WATCH THE NAO STREAM RECORDINGS TO HEAR YOURSELF AND CORRECT ANYTHING U DONT LIKE TO BE PERFECT!! but i love u anyway
Posted Image

enviqt is so cute

#15 CHouse

CHouse
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

I disagree with this, if you look at the fighting game community you would notice that those games are filled with counters and imbalanced matchups. Most of the people that commentate for those games are well aware of this and let spectators know if its a matchup in someone's favor and why. I think it makes for a great starting point in discussing what to expect in the next match and it makes it that much more exciting if someone pulls off an upset.

I also think it's a little foolish to try to ignore blatant imbalances with the game in order to preserve or help WoWs image in the e-sport scene, it should be the other way around. If you work to make some of the problems with the game (from a balance standpoint) common knowledge it wouldn't be a bad thing. In fact I think it would improve the chances of the game becoming better in the future. Having a community full of people with a better understanding of the game as a whole would be great, because it's something our community lacks. Most of it is biased opinion that get accepted as fact for one reason or another. I understand that there can be a fine line for you as a commentator when trying to discuss game balance without coming off as bias yourself but I think NAO could be used to establish a rough guideline for how the game breaks down at the highest level of play.

#16 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'll make sure to get my notepad out tonight and write down an extensive play by play of everything you said with a full on critque

#17 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'll make sure to get my notepad out tonight and write down an extensive play by play of everything you said with a full on critque

I'm asking for a single specific example.

#18 Slythor

Slythor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

original #1 commentator, the cake bit had me in tears.
Posted Image

#19 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

the people in twitch chat are just annoying in general, not sure what the best way to fix that would be.

No real fix besides the current active muting/banning. Trolls will be trolls you can't really do anything about it but ignore it (and ban the offensive stuff).

I think your commentating is fine from a purely observatory perspective, I think all the complaints come from you having a somewhat goofy personality but I personally think it's adorable so HUGS N KISSES XOXOXO

Who gives a fuck what people are saying in twitch chat, you should know that 90% of people are retard trolls

And commentators are fine, you can't please everyone. No matter what a commentator does, someone will complain about it

This ^

Original #1 commentator, the cake bit had me in tears.

I was playing so I had to have it paused for most of it but the "dance move" comment when Meta was being DDOS'd/running in place was good stuff ;P

#20 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

Although I see where you're coming from, I also think pretending the game is balanced/fair is a bad idea too since it's so obvious and widely known to have imbalances. I think you can mention comp favoritism (to be fair to the contenders as well) without making it sound like the game is trash/broken and it's an autoloss.

I think it's totally fine even from an e-sport perspective to say "This can be a rough matchup for X due to this and that" without making it sound completely biased. As we all know there are few "hard counters" in the game and soft counters can be overcome with extremely good play, and I think that can open the door for more exciting victories too. If the "underdog" comp with a disadvantage (however small or large) wins it's more exciting imo!

As long as there's not extreme emphasis on the comp advantages/disadvantages I think it's totally fine! That's my opinion anyway, and I think it's healthy to not pretend the game is 100% balanced/fair ;P

I believe even pro SC2 commentators mention things like "this map can be really good for the zerg player due to the very far away spawn positions", it's true but doesn't take away from the e-sport :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<