Hey everyone! We have just started the official <ArenaJunkies West> and <ArenaJunkies East> guilds on Tichondrius US and Kel'thuzad US. On EU there's <ArenaJunkies Red> and <ArenaJunkies Blue> on Stormscale Horde and Outland Alliance. These four servers are four of the biggest PvP hubs, so make sure to join if you're interested in being in a guild with other great players. Feel free to whisper any officers in that guild for an invite! ArenaJunkies West is an established level 25 guild with 800+ members, while East is a guild that just started a few days ago. Guild members must be respectful players!
Mists of Pandaria PvP Overview
Mists of Pandaria beta has been out for some time now, and today I'll be giving a brief overview of my perspective on upcoming PvP changes and possibilities.
As of Cataclysm, PvP gear seems to be a near must have in order to be competitive. Though it's unclear whether or not this will remain true at level 90, right now characters with PvP gear can almost one shot PvE geared players, and PvP geared players are literally tanks to PvE geared players.
One of the biggest reasons is an introduction to a new stat: “PvP Power”.
Essentially, this is a new stat that counters the effect of resilience, by increasing damage and healing done to players in PvP zones. Currently this stat is given through the general PvP gear.
It's fair to say that 'PvP Power' will be a game changer - It's likely that this stat will be sought after by most classes in a PvP mindset, and could very well be the first step in erasing the presence of PvE gear from the PvP scene. Fingers crossed.
In addition, there have been some very interesting additions to class ability rosters that are worthy of consideration, particularly in regards to PvP. Here are some really major ones that stand out:
- Desecrated Ground: 2min cooldown ability with an 8 yard radius. Deals small damage. Lasts 10 seconds. Death knight is immune to CCs while standing in this area.
Very strong new ability for Death Knights. Being immune to all CCs for 10seconds no matter what is huge. There's a lot of creative things Death Knights can do along with what they already have.
- Glyph of Death Coil: Makes death coil usable on all allies. Puts a barrier up on non-undead allies.
Death Knights have gained an off heal ability! Death Coiling an ally that's stunned and about to die is going to save lives.
- Symbiosis: Grants an ability from an ally to the Druid, and also grants an ability from the Druid to the ally. Each spec of Druid is given different things! List of some of them:
List of abilities Druid gives to other classes:
Death Knight - Blood = Might of Ursoc
Death Knight - Frost and Unholy = Wild Mushroom:Plague
Hunter - All Specs = Dash
Mage - Arcane = Healing Touch
Paladin - Holy = Rebirth
Paladin - Protection = Barkskin
Paladin - Retribution = Tiger's Fury
Priest - Discipline = Entangling Roots
Priest - Holy = Entangling Roots
Priest - Shadow = Tranquility
Rogue - All Specs = Growl (Also Grants 330% armor for 30 seconds)
Shaman - Elemental and Enhancement = Solar Beam
Shaman - Restoration = Prowl (While in Ghost Wolf Form)
Warlock - All Specs = Rejuvenation
Warrior - Arms and Fury = Stampeding Shout
Warrior - Protection = Frenzied Regeneration
List of abilities given to the Restoration Druid:
- Death Knight = Anti-Magic Shell
- Hunter = Deterrence
- Mage = Ice Block
- Paladin = Hand of Sacrifice
- Priest = Leap of Faith
- Rogue = Cloak of Shadows
- Shaman = Spiritwalker's Grace
- Warlock = Demonic Circle: Teleport
- Warrior = Intimidating Roar
List of abilities given to the Feral Druid:
- Death Knight = Unholy Frenzy
- Hunter = Play Dead
- Mage = Frost Nova
- Paladin = Divine Shield
- Priest = Dispersion
- Rogue = Redirect
- Shaman = Feral Spirit
- Warlock = Soul Swap
- Warrior = Shattering Blow
List of abilities given to the Balance Druid:
- Death Knight = Anti-Magic Shell
- Hunter = Misdirection
- Mage = Mirror Image
- Paladin = Hammer of Justice
- Priest = Mass Dispel
- Rogue = Cloak of Shadows
- Shaman = Purge
- Warlock = Unending Resolve
- Warrior = Intervene
Symbiosis is going to change the way other classes are played too. As you can imagine, there is limitless potential here! Doubling up on useful spells or adding an extra layer of survivability to your allies are just some of the many possibilities that you can expect to see from PvPers as they begin their strategizing.
- Exhilaration: Whenever you disengage you regenerate 15% hp instantly.
Hunters with a self heal now! Disengage with Deterrence could really make things difficult to kill a Hunter.
- Presence of Mind: Next Mage ability with less than a 10second cast time becomes instant. 1.5min cooldown.
This is an old ability, but now every Mage can get it! We'll be seeing a lot more instant crowd control and damage in arenas.
- Repentance: An incapacitation CC that breaks on damage. DRs with Polymorph, Gouge, Hex and other CCs in that tree. Spammable CC that has no cooldown. Lasts for 6 seconds in PvP on first impact.
Paladin now can spec into a spammable Repentance. This is regardless of spec.
- Burden of Guilt: Paladin’s Judgement ability slows a target by 50% for 12 seconds.
Paladins can choose between Repentance or Burden of Guilt. Both are going to be game changing for the class, since our light-wielding friends have never had a truly viable slowing mechanism.
- Void Shift: 3min cd. Instantly swaps health with an ally. Heals 25% of your health after the effect ends.
One more way for Priests to save the day.
- Shroud of Concealment: 5min cd. Makes all allies within 20yards invisible with you.
This could very well change the way arena teams open their engagements, effectively hiding their composition from the enemy team until things get heated.
- Kil'jaeden's Cunning: Allows a Warlock cast while running around, but doubles cast time
Mobility on a Warlock! Avoiding Fear via line of sight should be a real hassle now, and chasing the enemy who is sucking my life and adding it to his own sounds less than pleasant.
- Avatar: 1min cd. 10sec CD. Warrior deals 20% extra damage, generates more rage, and is immune to movement impairing effects.
Some more Warrior damage! The immune movement impairing effects is going to be huge for Warriors.
With all these new changes I think it's fair to say Mists of Pandaria is going to be bringing quite some changes to PvP! Hopefully these changes will bring us a more balanced and fun PvP environment.