Blowi
  • Moderators
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

POPULAR

Hello friends. I'm not really sure where to start, but I'm a moderator on AJ. I think most of you are aware of this, and I as many others have witnessed a lot of terrible posts on AJ. People messing with a thread, turning it into a huge discussion about the new thing which is good to hate on, people posting youtube videos with no intentions other than being a dick and watch their own posts. I'm really sick and tired of people creating threads with the only purpose to hurt someone over the internet, such as linking pictures of families, a girlfriend or boyfriend, and posting IRL information.

I love the social part of gaming which is why I'm still on Skype mostly everyday, talking to the friends I've met through WoW, but when I see personal attacks, I turn into a sad panda, and I'm tired of being sad.

Therefore, I'll try to make this as clear as possible, but if I see threads such as the thread toward filo which served no purpose other than people with nothing better to do than attack others, I'll strike down on them, and it's going to be hard. It stops now.

I mean, it's not everyone who still plays this game, but that doesn't mean people should be allowed to do as they please on a gaming forum. Now, I understand the urge to hate for fun in a BG forum at times, but we're on a whole new level of sad when you purposely derail a thread of someone who released a video, or create a thread just to attack an individual.

Also, I hope most people here can understand where I come from when I'm making this thread. I spend my free time to moderate AJ, and it's impossible to always be around when someone decides to stir things up, but please - report posts from people flaming, bashing, pointless threads and whatnot. Within reason of course. Surely you want a forum without this hostile attitude.

I'm posting this in General Discussion as it's where most people read the forums, and I'm willing to hear inputs, so either PM me on AJ or post in this thread. I'll edit the thread if move comes to mind, since this was pretty much a spontaneous thread.

Have a good evening all.

#2 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

+rep

#3 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Agree.

PS: Come back to WoW :)

#4 Cyanerd

Cyanerd
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationDKDK

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

Cyanerd for president.

#5 Maldazzar

Maldazzar
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

sometimes, someone needs help getting his ego under control
sometimes, a well placed AJ hate thread does a lot of long term good
and if he kills himself, we helped make the world a better place!

i like to think that i helped make the world a better place

#6 Edhris

Edhris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Is this a EU forum or did we lose free speech?

-1 trolling, did you even read the post?

#7 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Free what? Spamming posts to insult someone's irl life is not free speech.

#8 Tamz

Tamz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 1904
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Go Go, time to rid AJ of the trash that has plagued it for far to long!
Posted Image
Best analogy for the 5v5 bracket^^

#9 Jacob_a

Jacob_a
  • Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

It's about manners.

on topic: Act on the web as you would act in real life. Be polite to everyone you meet regardless of competition. There's a reason you shake hands after a game of football.

I hope this thread gets to people. Personally I'm deleting my account because this forum is getting on my nerves. I wish AJ was an arena discussion forum for well mannered and mature people. Right now it feels like one big teenage brawl.

#10 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

You're a prime example of why this has been posted. :)

#11 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Blowi, very well written.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

+rep

#13 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1456
  • 3v3: 2092
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Glad to see moderaters stepping it up a lot as of recently, a breath of fresh air.
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#14 Edhris

Edhris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Make a post and get warned for it, some real communism starting up here.

ALL HAIL MODERATORS OUR NEW OVERLORDS

Edited by Edhris, 26 April 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#15 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Make a post and get warned for it, some real communism starting up here.

ALL HAIL MODERATORS OUR NEW OVERLORDS

Don't even try and start a EU vs US discussion, that's why you were infracted.

#16 Voxvicious

Voxvicious
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I honestly believe that displaying titles causes a lot of issues on this site, I see so many people who dont even attempt to argue points just because they have more titles and just insult others or say things like "grats on access"

Using memes like "[email protected]' or having a lot of "lols" or "rofls" in your post should also result in an infraction

This site seems like its more about epeen flexing then intelligent discussion

Edited by Voxvicious, 26 April 2012 - 07:08 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Edhris

Edhris
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Altar of Storms
  • Nightfall

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's true that you should moderate obscene posts, however, if it is true then why should you censor it? Just because some people can't take the heat?

Edited by Edhris, 26 April 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#18 exhausting

exhausting
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Eonar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/2

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Serious question, not trying to start something: why was the Filo/Reedwise troll thread only locked and not immediately deleted? Regardless of whether it was a troll or not, why leave a thread with someone's real life information viewable to all users?

#19 Xhanon

Xhanon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1149
  • 3v3: 1911
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

i believe the moderators cant always be here instantly if a post is made and take action, i mean they maybe have to eat, cook or do somth else aswell :>

#20 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I apologize if I offend any moderator with this post, as this is absolutely not my intention. I would like to vent out some concerns that I had though, and I do sincerely hope that a moderator will reply to this, just so that I can understand some of the behind-the-scene functioning of moderators on AJ better.

Whenever I feel like there is a thread/post/drama-insinuating thread on ArenaJunkies, I do report the threads, however my next step has always been to whisper Diziet, Pawsz, Vexo, or Rapture on Skype, since those are some AJ mods that I currently have added. Most of you guys have always been 100% helpful, cooperative, and great.

Last night noone was on Skype (except for Diziet) when this post was made clearly attacking a user personally, with no intentions of anything else, other then stirring up some completely retarded drama. I personally did not whisper Diziet, however someone else that I know did. He stepped up and I believe came here and locked the thread, however he left it locked and visible on the forums for multiple hours. What is the purpose of that? Maybe you guys need approvals of more then one mod, and if that is the case, I do again apologize. But to me, leaving such a thread posted on a public forum for 4-5 hours (AFTER one or two moderators have visited the thread), is no bueno. I do appreciate that you guys finally deleted the post however.

Anyways, sorry for the rant - the AJ community nowadays is actually the furthest away from civilization that you can get. Trying to moderate such a hell hole is definitely no walk in the park.

Edit: I feel like a lot of the drama, bullshit, whatever else that occurred the past few days could have easily been avoided if certain users, trolls, threads, whatever were given the strictest punishment possible before the actually put a big dent in what we have left here, instead of waiting for them to do a lot of damage.

Edited by mukuld50, 26 April 2012 - 07:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<