Photo

How to become a 2200+ rated player

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 betreyal

betreyal
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hey, i recently just got back into wow and am getting back into my former favorite pass time of pvp and arenas but its been a long time since i really did any serious pvp and even then i wasn't as good as i would of liked to be. My question is, what is a class that is easy to become good with and will perform well in both bgs and arenas? Secondly what do i have to do to become a 2200+ player? I love playing this game i put all the effort i can into my arenas and pvp in general but it seems no matter what team combo or class i play i can never get past the 1550 mark, are there strategies, techniques, or addons out there that can help me perform better in pvp? Any and all responses to this are greatly appreciated, Thank you

#2 Zystem

Zystem
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2383

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

If you cant break 1550 rating, then having another comp or class wont help you get 2.2k.. You need to get arena awareness.. basically learning everything there is to learn.

#3 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/1/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1204
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

roll a rogue/DK/ret pala and play triple dps

#4 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

@ thread title roll a rogue or mage

#5 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

How to become a 2200 player: subscribe to skill capped of course

#6 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

How to become a 2200 player: subscribe to skill capped of course

lmao i was like lmao
I'm the man.

#7 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Practice, arena awareness, class knowledge and talent knowledge(yours and theirs), keybindings, addons to an extent and equally skilled players.

^ Realistic reply as apposed to reroll whatever the fuck

Oh, but if you cannot pass 1550 you shouldn't be trying to reach 2.2k, atleast not this season. sorry :(

Edited by Durial, 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#8 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

First step to getting better is looking at your own gameplay and finding out what you could have done better.

No matter what you do, there is always something you can do better - the top players still know after each game (even if they win) that they could have done something better, be it positioning, calling something out in advance for your teammates, mana conservation, cooldown usage etc.

Look at current season videos of a class that you -ENJOY- this is, in my opinion, very important. You need to have fun in arena, if you hate your class it will shine through that you are bored and the whole spirit of your team will get dragged down with it.

Once you find a class that you enjoy, start reading up first. Then take it to battlegrounds and try to get the most out of your class - think about every spell and how to use it in a unique way. Throwing people off with little things will really start to 1) improve your confidence 2) make you enjoy your class more 3) improve your gameplay.

Then you can start bringing out the big guns, look at some videos, speak to some high rated players of your class, look at what comps are successful so you can ride on the team composition to give yourself a good idea of what high level play is all about.

Eventually you will get really comfortable with your class and can then start looking to team up with every other class you can - you will learn a lot by playing with other classes as well as other players. From the abilities they have, strengths and weaknesses etc - most also you will start to see what kind of CC combos you can put out - get a feel for when they are needed and when they are not, when to go offensive and then defensive etc.

Experience really is probably a very important thing - you also need to know that you DO need to have teammates who want to improve too. A bad teammate can really bring a team down.

There's probably loads more, but until you have a set class that you want to use (I would go with DK btw, it is probably something that is future proof in arena, and doesn't have too high of a skill cap at low level) we can't really assist further :P

Hope this helped =]

our paladin's a huge asian flake, PM if you're somewhat close to DC and can make it, will be running TSG and possibly another comp

Originally Posted by clouds
I don't think you can win-trade at MLG

#9 betreyal

betreyal
  • Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses and advice i do really appreciate it.

#10 Kibeth

Kibeth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

roll a rogue/DK/ret pala and play triple dps

This, although Ret/Rogue/Hunter is just as easy. You don't really need to worry about awareness in these comps either.

#11 Enim

Enim
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 1835

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

If you cant break 1550 rating, then having another comp or class wont help you get 2.2k.. You need to get arena awareness.. basically learning everything there is to learn.

Actually, I've seen plenty of cases where people went from being a 1500-rated player to 2k+ by rerolling fotm or swapping setup. You shouldn't underestimate the impact of setups and how much easier some setups are to play "decently".

But yeah, practise practise practise. And have fun while doing it, otherwise there is simply no point in playing. Find yourself some decent partners that have the same goals as you do and then practise. Watch guides/videos if you're struggling vs certain setups etc.

It's all about motivation really. Anyone can become good at arena.

#12 Xenaone

Xenaone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Roll a warlock/rogue/mage these classes have never been bad in any season
and if you dont

then I suggest spending hours running arenas/bgs

learn what every class / abillity in the game does
keybind everything (CLICKING IS BAD!! :D)
get a mouse with extra buttons
Learn to communicate with your partners
Don't overlap CC

and most importantly just run arenas over and over
pratice pratice pratice and you will get better over time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<