Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostVizeverza, on 19 April 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

I think there's only really one tinfoil hat guy supporting him. In fact I think he's pretty irrelevant to the "discussion". I don't know why people bring him back up, he trolled someone hard and things that should not have been said were said.

People have been criticizing certain things NAO has done long before he came back to the forums. And if people think that some individuals who want the organization to be a little more open are trying to destroy gods gift to the game, then you're kind of taking it out of context.

Edit: Why was my post responding to Xul removed? His post was equally if not more against the forum rules.

it really isnt that irrelevant

#122 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

i wanna give a shout out to mugems for streaming this for us<3
Posted Image

#123 Hawtz

Hawtz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

View Posthearthadinlol, on 19 April 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

i wanna give a shout out to mugems for streaming this for us<3

wanna give a shoutout to kaska posting this for us

#124 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostShouri, on 19 April 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

people supporting reedwise are clinically retarded

Fixed that for you, bro

On topic

It really is a shame that Mugems had to go. I think NAO is going to be very hard pressed to find someone that can stream at the quality that Mugems did, let alone someone who would put in the same amount of time and effort. I can't believe that people have even one bad word to say about someone who gave so much of his time and money to help the community. I specifically remember him working on the stream for 10-12 hours without interruption, in addition to his generous contributions to the prize pool.

Edited by Filovirus, 19 April 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#125 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

I don't know Mugems or any of the NAO guys very well, or anything that happens behind the scenes.  But I do know setting up/running tournaments is work and a little forum bickering by a staff member (who is also a wow player like any of us) should really matter.  It's always unfortunate when people get sucked into online bickering and have a moment of weakness like bragging with Paypal, but humans will be humans and we've all gotten sucked into a flame war at some point.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" RIGHT?  I know I join in on my fair share of petty forum bickering.

I'm sure they make plenty of money to scrape some off the top for themselves nowadays off the stream while also funding prizes, but even so I'd say it's fair for the work involved.  Running a tournament isn't exactly auto-pilot, it's work so payment is deserved and it's not like they're charging people, it's just ad revenue.  I know if I was running NAO I would most definitely take some off the top for my time/effort once it got going and earned enough to supply a good prize pool.

Also the whole "playing favorites" is all speculation, although it could be true, the opposite could equally be true so there's no point speculating and making assumptions.  Innocent until proven guilty (unless it's really obvious I guess).

I don't think he should bother 'stepping down' for the sake of image, there's a very small viewer base that comes to these forums that even saw any of this forum-battle drama and I sincerely doubt the viewership/success of NAO will be affected by what happens on AJ (most cynical community on the planet to begin with) whatsoever.

Edited by Tosan, 19 April 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#126 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:15 AM

i agree dont resign, nobody actually cares or remembers what hunters say.

#127 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostSparkys, on 19 April 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

i agree dont resign, nobody actually cares or remembers what hunters say.

probably because you all bitch about your class viability even when your class is in a great spot

ex: s8, now, etc

#128 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 2047
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostFilovirus, on 19 April 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

probably because you all bitch about your class viability even when your class is in a great spot

Spoiler

Back on topic.... Mugems don't quit!

Edited by Celaurthor, 19 April 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#129 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostRaikufail, on 19 April 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Pretty much every good player Sells carries (boosts) and the only people whining are the people who are simply just awful at the game and cant achieve glad /r1. Stop crying and get better instead and then u will also recieve boosts.

Arena carries helps the activity in arena and to everyone crying also u get better at the game by facing people better than you.

i would agree with half of this. for players who aren't phased by playing top teams, it's not that big of a deal

the issue is wow fucking sucks right now, bad, and the average 1800 player is going to have no fun ever getting skeeted on by top teams trying to pick little things they could have done better

#130 Genz

Genz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Arena carries helps the activity in arena and to everyone crying also u get better at the game by facing people better than you.

This guy clearly knows what he is talking about, WTB MORE BOOSTS.
Also, you slowly build your skill. You can't be like 2.2k rated team, and play against a rank 1 player's team, and even hope to do half good..

#131 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Sigh. The Gladiator title, by definition, is supposed to go to the top 0.5% of players in 3v3 and 5v5. The thing is, Glad sells have become so rampant that that number is probably, what, 0.3% now? That might even be generous. The same players are filling the ladder with "Gladiator" teams, reducing the number of unique players that are able to crack that 0.5%.

Sure, maybe glad sells do allow these R1 players to play while not sitting on their rating. So the teams doing sells are playing instead of doing their season-long sit -- but they're just playing against eachother.

The consequence of this is that for normal players, getting into Gladiator range becomes extremely unlikely as the players they have to beat to even get to 2200 are those same R1 players who are now either playing for a low-glad spot just like the normal players are, or are playing for a definitely-safe glad spot which just makes the cutoff that much higher, and that much more inaccessible to the plebes.

These rival/duelist players then proceed to give up on getting Gladiator legitimately since the opponents they would need to beat are the top 0.1% instead of the low end of the 0.5% cutoff. So they pay for these R1 players to get them Gladiator, continuing (and compounding) the cycle.

The R1 players who say that 'sells encourage participation' don't realize that it only encourages THEIR participation. They think the arena ladder is more active only because they aren't sitting on their teams for 6 months like they usually do.

The rivals and duelists and near-gladiators are crucial to the arena ladder 'ecosystem'. You might think they're weak things that can be removed from the food chain with no consequence, but like in nature it just doesn't work that way. The 0.5% system and the ladder in general requires a steady rise in skill the higher you go up the rankings -- but with the abundance of glad selling going on, there is a definite skill gap disrupting the ladder, and it has ruined arena.

Glad sellers are fucking scum and should be treated as such, regardless of whether they are associated with NAO or not.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#132 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Not being able to boost and earn some extra money as a top pvper is eventually gonna make them quit(inb4 get a real job) unless you're financially overwhelmed. So for the competetive scene - wow boosts and other services is a good thing, IMO.

With the lack of tournaments, there just wouldnt be any point playing regularly as a Top pvper. The Queues are crap as it is at high ratings and just playing for 2 pointers while you lose 23+ when you actually play on your main team just isnt worth it.

If you wanna avoid boosted teams I suggest you to stick to 5s if you really cant handle the competition. But like raiku mentioned earlier - this will only make the whole WoW community to become better in the long run. It makes top pvp play more active and should result in higher average skill.

But seriously @ everyone crying at any individual doing this. Can you really blame the people making some extra money on the side putting very little effort into it? You'd be a hypocrit if you said u wouldnt do it if you had the chance.

It happens everywhere, especially online.

In the end of the day its just a Gladiator title that gets lost for some people. You're just gonna have to become even better if you wanna earn it. Everyone knows whos actually a gladiator and who isnt when you see a player play. U can tell if he got boosted for it and if he didnt. SO in a way it makes the gladiator title even more unique.

I honestly think high rated pvp as we know it would die if everyone who was doing boosts got permanently banned.

Its just a matter if you support the hardcore community or the casual community.

just my 2 cents.

peace

Edited by Dakkrothy, 19 April 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#133 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 19 April 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Not being able to boost and earn some extra money as a top pvper is eventually gonna make them quit(inb4 get a real job) unless you're financially overwhelmed. So for the competetive scene - wow boosts and other services is a good thing, IMO.

With the lack of tournaments, there just wouldnt be any point playing regularly as a Top pvper. The Queues are crap as it is at high ratings and just playing for 2 pointers while you lose 23+ when you actually play on your main team just isnt worth it.

If you wanna avoid boosted teams I suggest you to stick to 5s if you really cant handle the competition. But like raiku mentioned earlier - this will only make the whole WoW community to become better in the long run. It makes top pvp play more active and should result in higher average skill.

But seriously @ everyone crying at any individual doing this. Can you really blame the people making some extra money on the side putting very little effort into it? You'd be a hypocrit if you said u wouldnt do it if you had the chance.

It happens everywhere, especially online.

In the end of the day its just a Gladiator title that gets lost for some people. You're just gonna have to become even better if you wanna earn it. Everyone knows whos actually a gladiator and who isnt when you see a player play. U can tell if he got boosted for it and if he didnt. SO in a way it makes the gladiator title even more unique.

I honestly think high rated pvp as we know it would die if everyone who was doing boosts got permanently banned.

just my 2 cents.

peace

Good things never lasts long
Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostShadowtwist, on 19 April 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

Good use of periods you don't even know how to use commas yourself  :lol:

+ rep

#135 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

I had plenty of chances, and I never boosted. I don't go around preaching about it, though.

Anyway, it is really dumb that anyone would try to make Mugems resign over this. Mugems is a great guy, and he did a great job hosting the tournament. Anything else should be irrelevant.

Come back, Mugems.

#136 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostFilovirus, on 19 April 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

hey hunters were great in wrath, and i dont even care about now since i dont play  B)

#137 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

so pretty much the top players are addicts that are looking for ways to get their arena fix by boosting because on their main characters the queues are too long? that's what i see when i read your post and that is the thinking of a person who needs to seek mental help. if you don't like how long the wait is for something, you don't have to play. go do something else with your life.  you say what's the point of being a top pvper if there's nothing to do. well you're right, there's no reason to continue playing...meaning you should stop playing.

most people don't take illegally earned money due to having a conscience telling them that doing things that are illegal gets them punished, so no not everyone would take boost money if it was given to them.

i'll say it again. if something isn't fun, challenging or is simply not meeting your standards of what is acceptable amount of time between games but you continue to find other illegal means to play, stop playing and get help because you're an addict.

on topic- i think it's good that mugemz quit because while the NAO is good for the community in the sense that it provides tournaments, someone with a negative light is bad for their image.

off topic- if conrad doesn't want to be considered a spokesperson for the NAO and wants just normal everyday poster or commentator status, he really shouldn't be posting in every single thread involving the NAO. it doesn't matter if they are your friends or you take part in the NAO, by posting in every single thread you are becoming a spokesperson regardless of your intention. you're the voice that people hear during the games, we don't see nuvoz or hear from anyone else very often, so stop trying to pretend you're not involved everytime something about the NAO comes up and you post in that thread defending , +repping or showing excitement.

#138 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

View Postinhume, on 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

No thanks.
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#139 Fatvirg1n

Fatvirg1n
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Postinhume, on 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

i'll say it again. if something isn't fun, challenging or is simply not meeting your standards of what is acceptable amount of time between games but you continue to find other illegal means to play, stop playing and get help because you're an addict.

Do pushups and pullups in between games bro. Get huge and get rating at the same time.

#140 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Lol @ saying selling rating helps the ladder because top players would quit unless they were getting paid to play.  If the game is so fucking bad bad the best players will not play unless they're getting paid for it like a job, then I say let it die and hope another game finally comes and picks up the slack.

P.S. I disagree that rating sellers would just quit if they weren't getting paid.
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<