#1 Woundman

Woundman
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

POPULAR

Expand Spoiler for Quote
Spoiler

For all those who haven't read AJ over the past few days, NAO has been relentlessly bashed by a select few individuals on the forums. Unfortunately, Mugems was offended by what these individuals said because he's trying to make NAO successful. Thus, he said a few things out of context. I've done that countless times out of stupidity and rage. These select individuals have been using the same quotes out of context to cause trouble and are blatantly lying to the community.

I hope Mugems will continue to support/contribute NAO, because he has put in countless hours and deserves to be apart of NAO.

If you're an NAO supporter, please don't listen to these individuals trying to tarnish NAO. Please don't let them ruin one of the best things to ever happen to the WoW community. Make your voice heard!

#2 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostWoundman, on 18 April 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Expand Spoiler for Quote
Spoiler

For all those who haven't read AJ over the past few days, NAO has been relentlessly bashed by a select few individuals on the forums. Unfortunately, Mugems was offended by what these individuals said because he's trying to make NAO successful. Thus, he said a few things out of context. I've done that countless times out of stupidity and rage. These select individuals have been using the same quotes out of context to cause trouble and are blatantly lying to the community.

I hope Mugems will continue to support/contribute NAO, because he has put in countless hours and deserves to be apart of NAO.

If you're an NAO supporter, please don't listen to these individuals trying to tarnish NAO. Please don't let them ruin one of the best things to ever happen to the WoW community. Make your voice heard!

Don't resign mugums :(

#3 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Woundman stepping up.
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#4 Bombtrack

Bombtrack
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/2/0/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

It truly will be a sad day for WoW if NAO were to dissipate.

Posted Image

#5 qlimax

qlimax
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2353

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

People always trying to ruin a good thing. +rep for mugems.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#6 why33333

why33333
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

I wanted NAO to turn this game around and I'll be damned if I see it rest in peace over some trolls. I know Mugums on a personal level and this is not the type of person he is so he shouldn't have to resign.

#7 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

reedwise is so obnoxious and unfunny, i don't understand how he has any followers
Posted Image

#8 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I am going to repost this,bold on the important part.

All we see are the same quotes as if ppl's reading comprehension on Aj gone with the wind while mugems himself replied to basically everything.I don't support the idea of mugems stepping down as a member of NAO but it's his personal choice,can't help it.

In the end even if mugems partially helped 'ruining' the arena community,doesn't he deserve a chance to 'repent for his past sins'?(like everyone does).Undoubtedly his part and the work he has done in NAO(without monetary compensation)is the way to go.

As i see it mugems has spend much more time and effort to help this community than guys like reed or cyanerd or anyone who criticize mugems non stop for personal hate mostly.
This post has been edited by infectionx: Today, 09:04 AM
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#9 why33333

why33333
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

This shouldn't even be a question of "intention" Mugums supplied prizes out of his own pocket before prizes existed.

#10 Banbann

Banbann
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2296

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hey man I really appreciate the NAO, didn't know all this drama was happening, I really enjoy watching the tournaments. I think WoW really needs it to keep pvp alive.

#11 Leonardo

Leonardo
  • Junkies
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

That's unfortunate. I wonder though, Mugems was doing everything from management, organization, administration, back-end technical work, interviews and the dreadful PR. It does feel like he may have got burnt out. Now there's a suggestion that prize pools came out of his pocket. Sounds like a really terrible job =\

The trolls may have gotten to him. But imo the staff should have prevented this from happening =\ Sad to see a hardworking dude who was doing something for the community leave because of stress.
Posted Image

#12 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

+rep

Edited by Synkz, 18 April 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#13 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

We cannot thank Mugemz enough for the countless hours, time, and effort he has put forth to NAO. We are truly sad to see him go, he not only played a huge role in the set-up, execution, and decision making of NAO, he is a personal friend. Without Mugems our workload will be easily doubled, but rest assured this will not stop us from bringing everyone the tournaments they know and love! Mugems, we wish you the best of luck, and you will truly be missed.

Edited by Mageic, 18 April 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#14 Dehlol

Dehlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1668
  • 3v3: 2545
  • 5v5: 1740
  • RBG: 2247

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

NAO is one of the single best, if not the single best thing to happen to the arena community period. Mugums and the NAO team has done a tremendous job and taking a game that's many view as gone to shit and making it fun again. They've brought the entire arena community together, not just US players, but even EU players get to join the scene.

Mugums, I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say you have done great things for both arena, and WoW as a whole. You guys (NAO staff) have not only made arena fun and enjoyable again, but you've made it enjoyable for 10k+ viewers to your stream, plus all the people watching vods. You've brought another level of fun and participation to this game for not only high end players, but low rated scrubs who watch and now aspire to be just like the NAO players.

Either way, should you decide to stay or go: The arena community as a whole, both supports you and thanks you for the effort you put in.

@reedwise. All you do is troll, make up stories about your banned accounts, and act like a general dbag. You are the exact reason people hate WoW players. You're an asshole. Your beef was with diggles and evolve and you've managed to spread it into the rest of the community. As much as you want to spout off at everyone else, I STRONGLY urge you to look in the mirror. You are the cancer killing this game, and sir, I think I speak for 99% of the people here when I say: Champ, you have no fucking life.

Edited by Dehlol, 18 April 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#15 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thanks Reedwise, you complete and utter waste of space.

I love NAO & the mugster :(

Edited by Ellonija, 18 April 2012 - 08:48 AM.

Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#16 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

i know i made a lot of jokes on air, but i seriously can't express enough how appreciative i am of the entire NAO staff, and especially Mugems himself. the entire crew did a fantastic job, whether it was organizing, creating visuals, making rules, etc, but Mugems was the man that really went above and beyond in everything he did.

Mugems is a man i will always respect.

#17 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Warning for insulting post. Use a different tone please.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#18 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ya i really enjoy watching the NAO and seeing all the unique comps they bring in so its not always RLS vs RLS I really hope mugems leaving doens't effect the tournaments but im sure it will best of luck man sad to see you go and mad props to the NAO STAFF for putting wow arena back on the map in E-Sports!

#19 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Sort of lame to leave NAO because of a few trolls... considering how many people enjoys watching it!

Also, I don't meaning to attack mugems or offend him in any way but arent you a bit weak-minded if you get upset over the internet?
Posted Image

#20 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostApplejackxD, on 18 April 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Sort of lame to leave NAO because of a few trolls... considering how many people enjoys watching it!

Also, I don't meaning to attack mugems or offend him in any way but arent you a bit weak-minded if you get upset over the internet?

It was not being weak minded, or quitting cause of being upset.  I believe that him resigning was more related to the fact that NAO can potentially lose major sponsors (Curse/AJ) due to the accusations that are being flung around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<