• Curse Sites
Help

A Brief Concern

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#61 sulphuric

sulphuric

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Tell them that Mugems is dead... And the NAO died with him!

Edited by Hollowlithic, 18 April 2012 - 02:36 AM.

#62 Navariumx

Navariumx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • RBG: 1775
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 17 April 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

What do you want me to do? Try to create more drama for the community (or lack of community) to mull upon?

@Cyanerd – I am not denying the fact that I posted screen shots of my Paypal.  I am not denying the fact that I told Reedwise to “stay small”.  But did you actually not read any of the posts he made?  I am also a human being, a non-perfect individual, and all of the trolling (which I am highly unaccustomed to) got to me.  If someone attacks me, my personal life style, calls me out for working at “Taco Bell”, and a lot more, is he entitled to doing that JUST because he does not have the blue “NAO Organizer” tag next to his name?  

I play this game and enjoy this game as much as anyone else on this website.  I am not different from anyone else, and got carried away in the heat of the moment, making myself look like an asshole.

Now let us get some facts straight:

1) I do NOT own arenarating.com.  Public domain ownership is quite easy to figure out, and a few google searches will help you find out who owns the domain.  I believe that Arena Rating is registered as an actual company too – since it is an LLC, all of the ownership information is public domain, and it would be quite easy to figure out who the actual owner is.

2) Have I in the past done carries for ArenaRating? Yes.  I am not denying that.  From what I understand, and have seen though, a heavy percentage of ArenaJunkies’ high end users have done similar things.  Might as well just flush the whole community, and not just make me some kind of underworld super drug overlord, as it seems like everyone is.

3) I have actually not logged on another person’s account for about 3-4 months now, nor have I broken Blizzard’s ToS in any way, shape or form in that period, and have no intentions to ever again.

Anyways, I would like to apologize to the whole community for the posts that I made, it fits of anger.  Obviously, someone struck my nerves, and it got to the best of me.  I made posts that put me and NAO, and associatively ArenaJunkies and Curse in a bad spot, considering the posts were over glorified, and me just trying to troll Reedwise back.

My involvement in NAO, was purely and solely for the purpose of actually doing something good for the community.  I have put in countless numbers of hours (and so have the other NAO staff), to make this happen.

That being said, just because of the shit that has been flung around, and people trying to tarnish the good intentions of NAO, AJ, and Curse, I am stepping out of NAO and will not be involved in any future endeavors that they go forward with.  

I wish them good luck, and I hope that everyone will be able to get over themselves, and all these posts that are being made, and actually realize that we are effectively killing an already dying community of WoW buy constantly creating such threads.

Thanks, and sorry once again.  Hopefully Reedwise, and everyone else that supports him, can respect NAO more for what it actually is, rather than putting all of their attention to baseless accusations and false facts.

Takes a true man to admit your temporary failure like this, respect, looking forward for NAO. =)

View PostBlackafrican, on 23 May 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think.

#63 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 17 April 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Have I in the past done carries for ArenaRating? Yes.  I am not denying that.  From what I understand, and have seen though, a heavy percentage of ArenaJunkies’ high end users have done similar things.  Might as well just flush the whole community, and not just make me some kind of underworld super drug overlord, as it seems like everyone is.

Sorry but using a "but EVERYONE is doing it" defence won't garner you much sympathy. Rating sellers have ruined PVP for everyone. THEY are the reason there is nothing to discuss on this board anymore aside from corrupt organizations, troll threads, and other games altogether. I can't even imagine how someone who "loves this game as much as anyone" would not realize how bad selling rating is for the game FROM THE START and not only in the last four months.

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

I've also never claimed to represent any organization.

:rolleyes: Maybe you haven't verbally claimed that but we all can fucking read your posts, dude.

View PostReedlol, on 18 April 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

"i own arenarating, here's my paypal with 24 grand in it"
"we care so much about the community"
"i was just trolling when i said that, sorry"
"i give you my word we arent gonna do it anymore"
"we are so professional the only people who dont like us is you and your dumb little group of dumb friends"

Have to agree with this, the amount of immaturity displayed by the organization that supposedly is there to revitalize arena (basically in the same way logging companies "revitalize" the rain forest) is just kind of sad. I really enjoyed the first NAO tournaments. Hell the next ones will probably still be fun to watch. But holy shit the air of superiority is thick around here.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 18 April 2012 - 03:07 AM.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#64 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 18 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

:rolleyes: Maybe you haven't verbally claimed that but we all can fucking read your posts, dude.

So you read the 5+ posts where I've said that I don't represent NAO?

#65 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

I can't help but wonder; why do you still bother? You just can't convince people over the internet even if you are right. Some people think it's their chance to turn AJ into a Nazi People's Court and you keep fueling their fire - just stop bothering really.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#66 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 18 April 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Sorry but using a "but EVERYONE is doing it" defence won't garner you much sympathy. Rating sellers have ruined PVP for everyone. THEY are the reason there is nothing to discuss on this board anymore aside from corrupt organizations, troll threads, and other games altogether. I can't even imagine how someone who "loves this game as much as anyone" would not realize how bad selling rating is for the game FROM THE START and not only in the last four months.

You act like I am fishing for sympathy.  I was stating facts, and that was the sole purpose of my post.

Arena sells and boosting is a completely different matter to discuss, which is not the purpose of this thread.  Do not play devil's advocate just for the hell of it and try to tarnish an effort that a genuine group of individuals started from scratch.

#67 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

Yes, I have. And also the other 15 where you barge into a thread, bashing any NAO criticizers. And look I'm not blaming you for it. OBVIOUSLY you're going to support the organization as you're a shoutcaster for their tournaments.

The point is that the subtext of almost every single one of your posts is "I'm the shoutcaster for NAO and here is why NAO is awesome, I know because I work with the NAO staff and I know what is going on behind the scenes", and then it's taglined by a "I don't represent NAO in anyway". It's semantics, and basically a mugems level of contradiction within a single post ("we aren't condescending", "you and your little friends are a bunch of trolls").

Edited by Ctuhlu, 18 April 2012 - 03:19 AM.

Fourreur said:

#68 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 18 April 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Yes, I have. And also the other 15 where you barge into a thread, bashing any NAO criticizers. And look I'm not blaming you for it. OBVIOUSLY you're going to support the organization as you're a shoutcaster for their tournaments.

Please find any post by me where I bash someone that has criticized the NAO because of their stance on the NAO.

View PostCtuhlu, on 18 April 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

The point is that the subtext of almost every single one of your posts is "I'm the shoutcaster for NAO and here is why NAO is awesome, I know because I work with the NAO staff and I know what is going on behind the scenes", and then it's taglined by a "I don't represent NAO in anyway". It's semantics, and basically a mugems level of contradiction within a single post ("we aren't condescending", "you and your little friends are a bunch of trolls").

When have I ever said "I'm the shoutcaster for NAO and here is why NAO is awesome"?

Do you often make false claims without proof?

#69 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

When have I ever said "I'm the shoutcaster for NAO and here is why NAO is awesome"?

Do you often make false claims without proof?

Do you know what the word "subtext" means?  :huh:

Fourreur said:

#70 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 18 April 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

Do you know what the word "subtext" means?  :huh:
I'm asking you to quote a post I've made where I bashed someone for their stance on the NAO. I'm also asking you to find any post I've made where I said I was a shoutcaster for the NAO without someone already saying I am.

#71 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

I'm asking you to quote a post I've made where I bashed someone for their stance on the NAO. I'm also asking you to find any post I've made where I said I was a shoutcaster for the NAO without someone already saying I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtext

Also, the sad thing is we both KNOW I won't be able to find any because all of the NAO-controversy threads have been deleted by this forum's crack team of mods. :lol:

Edited by Ctuhlu, 18 April 2012 - 03:32 AM.

Fourreur said:

#72 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Oh you can't? ite peace

#73 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostConradical, on 18 April 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Oh you can't? ite peace

Stop acting like you don't realize what a stupid way to defend yourself that is. Look, I get a lot of flack here for supposedly saying how much better Guild Wars 2 is than WoW. Do you agree with them?

Okay, just find and link one post where I explicitly say that GW2 > WoW. Go ahead. Try. Go find one.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 18 April 2012 - 03:35 AM.

Fourreur said:

#74 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

That has nothing to do with anything. If you're going to accuse someone of something, you should back it up with some substance. You can't back up your accusations against me at all. I have never held someone disliking a WoW tournament against them, and I have never acted as though my commentating meant anything other than I shoutcasted. Numerous times I made the same joke by saying "i call cooldowns, nothing else".

#75 sulphuric

sulphuric

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

I'll find a post where he is +repping!

#76 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Well I mean when I made this thread I kinda had a glimmer of hope it wouldn't be filled with garbage, now it's turned into an NAO/Conradical jerk-fest.

I think we're beyond the point of constructive posts. Although the original intentions of this thread were only addressed by one mod (Thanks by the way, I like reasoning behind infractions written in said posts), it was still nice to finally see a response. I just hope in the future we could get feedback from most of the AJ team regarding their decision making process in regards in deleting/locking threads and removing posts.  

I'd lock this thread if I were a mod, honestly, it's getting nowhere fast.

#77 Reedlol

Reedlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

I like how the entire NAO crew ignores the crux of this argument; the  root of this argument lies in another thread. In the, "If you give a  mouse a cookie" thread. There, Reedwise amongst many other people  including very famous, very prolific players(moreso than any of the NAO  crew, I might mention) agree with his logic and yet, his logic goes  unanswered. At which point Conradicalz and Mugems himself proceed to  post the following:

That Mugems makes more money than Reedwise does by owning ArenaRating.com,

A link to Mugems PayPal with 24,000 in it,

That Reedwise should, "stay small" for not making as much money.

And now Mugems posts one apologetic reply, and then immediately gets  snarky again. What everyone is ignoring, though, is that this is EXACTLY  what Conradicalz and Mugems did last time, in that thread which was  eventually locked after a moderator had to clean up after them. So,  either Mugems and Conradicalz lied to try to win that argument, or  they're lying now.

How are we, as a community, supposed to believe either one? You issue an  apology, and a resignation but just a few days ago you were posting  very contrary things. If you just got angry, that would be one thing,  but either you lied then, or you are lying now - you haven't atoned for  either one yet. You just ignore it, and dispute the claims made by  Reedwise originally even though it was you that made those claims in the  first place!

So who agrees with you so far in this thread? A random Priest from your  guild, that thinks EU is one country.. Conradicalz, your friend who is  cleaning up your mess and.. you? Didn't you both accuse Reedwise of  wearing fake titles? The same fake titles that he was banned for when he  said he only used them to evade a ban?

What's the difference between you and him, then? You're a liar, you lied  to win an argument on a forum. That isn't called trolling, it's called  pathetic. Pretending to have something you don't to win an argument is  not ever honorable, ever. You said Reedwise lied about his titles,  Reedwise said you lied about your monetary situation. Now we find out  that not only does Reedwise have more titles than Mugems and Conrad  combined, but that you were lying about everything you said!

If they really wanted to clean up AJ they'd ban Conradicalz, put this  NAO nonsense on the same level as that Evolve Gaming tournament, and  infract your whole clique every time they talked down to someone.

But keep saving the community, one carry at a time. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we really appreciate it!

Ignore Conradicalz, he is bragging to people on Skype that he is trying to derail the thread to get it deleted/locked. That's the point of this thread, people like that who obviously have an agenda shouldn't be able to have strategies like that that come even close to working.

Edited by Reedlol, 18 April 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#78 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

View PostReedlol, on 18 April 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Ignore Conradicalz, he is bragging to people on Skype that he is trying to derail the thread to get it deleted/locked. That's the point of this thread, people like that who obviously have an agenda shouldn't be able to have strategies like that that come even close to working.

I'm not doing anything like that. Much like many of the accusations made from your crew, you have absolutely zero ground to stand on with this statement. Here, I'll prove I'm not trying to derail this thread.

I'm done posting here. Sure, I'll read the responses, but I'm certainly not trying to derail anything. I was just trying to defend someone apologizing, then I was defending myself.

#79 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

I can't help but notice how galvanizing this whole experience has been for everyone. It's as though Reedwise is some sort of valiant knight in shining armor that knew that these members of our community were treacherous from the start, somehow, and all he ever did was try his best to protect us from them.

And now Reedwise is gone, and Conradicalz is free to slither around as he sees fit. If all of the posters today were to be sent to the Sorting Hat, Reedwise would obviously be Gryffindor. Xul might be Hufflepuff, Cyanerd probably would be Ravenclaw.... But the NAO crew would definitely be Slytherin.

Every single one of these NAO figures is faced with a community that obviously doesn't agree with what they're doing and they somehow cast what, 25 different people now? Into some sort of, "insignificant group" of, "trolls." just because they don't agree with you. Why don't moderators do something about that? This guy literally says everyone who disagrees with him is in some, "little group." What does that even mean?

Conradicalz, I have nothing to do with this and I hate your posts because you are negative, elitist and extremely rude to everyone that isn't puffing on the magical NAO dragon. I would much rather see you become banned than Reedwise, or anyone who agrees with him. Every single time anyone calls out NAO they ignore the argument, insult the poster ad-hominem and then say, "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

So now you're going to say:

"I'm not a part of NAO" - right, that's why you didn't post a single thing in this thread, instantly repped Mugems' apology and fiercely defended it. That's why all your posts in Reedwise threads have some agenda about defending NAO, got it.

"I'm not going to post anymore" - ya, we got it. We got it every time you said it so far. It was a great comeback every single time.

"Snarky half-insult insinuating that anything anyone else says is untrue, even though a member of your own clique is who stated it originally" - nice, I'm sure Nuvoz is glad to have you fighting the good fight in his name!

You're a very immature poster, and I'd personally enjoy this website if they banned you in lieu of banning Reedwise.

I guess I'll just have to settle for knowing that the hero and true champion of ArenaJunkies, Lord Reedwise, managed to vanquish your dumb little clique from their last frontier before he, like Napoleon and Hannibal before him, was banished for his stalwart leadership, clear vision and avant-garde style of investigative journalism.

Put Mugem's corpse up on the funeral pyre, boys. Tonight we'll burn it and send the smoke and ashes up to Reedwise, wherever he may be.

Edited by andysc, 18 April 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#80 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostReedlol, on 18 April 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

Hey, what do you mean? Conradicalz has never claimed to represent NAO.

:lol:

Fourreur said:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<